Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

What's your guilty pleasure?

Do you have a guilty pleasure -- something you enjoy that you're embarrassed to admit?

I'm always embarrassed to admit that I love Gilmore Girls. It's the fast-talking TV show about a close mother/daughter relationship that was on The WB/The CW. I guess I'm embarrassed because it's not perceived as a very masculine thing to enjoy. I know I shouldn't care about being masculine or whatever silly gender roles that I'm supposed to subscribe to, but it still happens. I watch sports. I work out. And I watch Gilmore Girls.

What about you? What's your guilty pleasure?

I record Maury Povich episodes and binge watch them every few weeks, fast forwarding to the "YOU ARE NOT THE FATHER" parts. @_@

Also, not gonna lie, I'm way more surprised to hear that you watch sports and work out than you watch Gilmore Girls.

for some reason Gilmore girls hasnt really 'clicked'' for me.

For me i love watching an anime called Detective Conan, in fact its older than me and its still continuing. Many of my friends question why i even watch it as the quality is terrible. But ive reached nearly 300 episodes which were aired on 2002 xD . Also some parts of the story can seem unreal.

Q-tips. My post-shower ear cleaning is one of the most important parts of my day.

I always forget to clean my ears, so maybe I should pick up your guilty pleasure.

I record Maury Povich episodes and binge watch them every few weeks, fast forwarding to the "YOU ARE NOT THE FATHER" parts. @_@

Also, not gonna lie, I'm way more surprised to hear that you watch sports and work out than you watch Gilmore Girls.

Those are the only moments worth watching on Maury! Also, good job watching Maury over Jerry Springer.

Why is that more surprising? I totally come off as a red-meat-eating, rodeo-romping cowboy with an affinity for video games -- a James Dean meets Nintendo Power type. >.>

for some reason Gilmore girls hasnt really 'clicked'' for me.

For me i love watching an anime called Detective Conan, in fact its older than me and its still continuing. Many of my friends question why i even watch it as the quality is terrible. But ive reached nearly 300 episodes which were aired on 2002 xD . Also some parts of the story can seem unreal.

This is the first I'm hearing about Detective Conan. Where can I watch it?

lovemyanime,anime44,kissanime. These are some of the websites i use. However there are over 700 episodes and its still going. The quality is bad as its from the mid 90s but im guessing its going to improve. And the main story plot isnt the main focus. Its somewhat repetitive in that there is usually a new case with random people each episode. These are some of the negatives though, i for one love the show. Its either u like the show or not. I just wanted u to knw what ur getting into LOL

Same.

There's something oddly pleasing about brushing my teeth while I shower. Comforting, really. Laying down, with a brush in my mouth and some hot water pouring on me. It's the time where I contemplate my life, and the universe.

I still collect Yugioh Cards from time to time. :D

I still collect Yugioh Cards from time to time. :D

New ones, or do you go after the cards that came out when you first started collecting?

go after the cards that came out when you first started collecting?

I do this with Pokemon cards whenever I have spare monies. The addiction is gone, but the collection will forever grow.

New ones, or do you go after the cards that came out when you first started collecting?

I collect a little bit of both.

Is there a game that you would consider a guilty pleasure? I always feel guilty that I love Call of Duty. It's exactly what I want to play when I don't want to think about anything.

Is there a game that you would consider a guilty pleasure? I always feel guilty that I love Call of Duty. It's exactly what I want to play when I don't want to think about anything.

I guess you could consider it a guilty pleasure, since its like the centerfold magnet of hatred in the gaming world.

But then again, it actually is a really great series. They must be doing something right, in order to stay at the top of the sales board. It's fun for all ages, and it's a simple, straight forward shooter. The thing is, they played it smart by doing one key thing, and it's something everyone complains about but don't even know they secretly enjoy.

The first extremely multiplayer successful CoD was CoD 4: Modern Warfare, and then followed WaW which became a tremendous hit. Infinity Ward and Treyarch took a risk with their next titles, by keeping it very similar to its' predecessor. Hell, if it's good, don't change it; is the kind of approach they took. Different weapons, maps and storyline... maybe some new mechanics. But it still had the familiar MW/WaW feel. And you know what? MW2 was cccrrrrrraaaaaaazzzzzzzyyyyyy popular in the community. That game is still praised as one of the greatest sniping games ever made, while Black Ops brought through a unique campaign and let's not forget how great the Zombies feature had become.

Most of the time, I see the same people complaining about how it never changes being the same people buying it every year. Everybody loves CoD, but it's cool to hate it, so everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon.

I love me some CoD.

If only the Bungie and 343 took the same approach after they made Halo 2. I mean, don't get me wrong, H3 was great, but it started going downhill -FAST- from there.

i totally agree with arti i loved the cod series. Its a game where u can sit back and relax. Only reason i dnt play it is cause my 360 broke so i bought dd on pc xD

Gaming wise? I still play custom songs on guitar hero 2 from time to time. Personal wise... Well... Sometimes in my car, I like to sing Katy Perry songs out loud :P

Hmm..there's a silly anime-ish golf game that I've invested a lot of time and money into called Pangya. Used to be called Albatross. It's pretty fun if you like golf.

u guys HAVE to play this game called ''Osu''. Just try it...

From time to time, I dust off the ps2 and play the Spyro games. I got the games for my sons when they were growing up, but my sons were always asking for me to help them, so I got hooked. I always thought the Spyro games had good graphics for their time era and I enjoyed the musical compositions in the game.

I also still like to watch old Pokemon cartoons. I collected them when they came out on VHS and I collected the movies. I just recently watched some of the newer movies on Netflix. Man, I've missed out on so many new Pokemon that I don't even know how many Pokemon there are now.

Pokemon. I downloaded a gba and Nintendo ds emulators my kindle fire and play pokemon. I got over 15 pokemon games with each having at least 45 hrs into them... people sometimes stare at me on the train when I play but that's just fine

Personal wise... Well... Sometimes in my car, I like to sing Katy Perry songs out loud :P

+1 I will blast and sing along to a whole lot of "girly songs" (as many people here may already know). As for TV shows New Girl is a great show. I kinda hid it from people from a while cus I figured it would be viewed as a more girly show as well but every guy I know likes the show as well so maybe im not alone there. Still play pokemon and will play around with Rubiks cubes and all of that fun stuff... dont really consider that to be my guilty pleasure though... For me, my guilty pleasure is actually dd its self. Most people i know in RL dont play games on steam and dont know that I do or that i play dd as much as i do. Obviously there are a few that know about it but not to many people do.
[SPOILER][/SPOILER]

Eating meat, knowing it was once alive and such and we just look at it and discard of it in a couple of minutes.
Buying things that look good on a rack and never look good on the me.