Sign in to follow this  
xFuNz

Steam Summer Sale

So the summer sale is finally upon us, any of u bought/ going to buy any games?

Almost pulled the trigger on Hotline Miami and The Witcher 2...but I have so many Wii U, 3DS, 360 and PS4 games to beat. So I made a pact with myself that I won't buy a new game (except for The Last of Us Remastered on the PS4) until I beat the games I already own.

But Monaco is 90% off! Grrrrr.

Almost pulled the trigger on Hotline Miami and The Witcher 2...but I have so many Wii U, 3DS, 360 and PS4 games to beat. So I made a pact with myself that I won't buy a new game (except for The Last of Us Remastered on the PS4) until I beat the games I already own.

But Monaco is 90% off! Grrrrr.

I can never forgive you for missing out on Hotline Miami, Josh. That game has one of the best soundtracks.

I can never forgive you for missing out on Hotline Miami, Josh. That game has one of the best soundtracks.

Tell ya h'what: If it goes back down to $1.50, I'll pick it up.

Tell ya h'what: If it goes back down to $1.50, I'll pick it up.

I will buy the soundtrack for you if it goes down again too.

My pick-ups so far:

• The Stanley Parable
  • Dragon Age: Origins
  • Papers, Please
  • Terraria
  • Monaco

Dragon Age and Terraria are both good Josh.

I like Dragon Age so far. I love the isometric/3rd-person camera zooming, and it feels more like KOTOR than Skyrim, which is what I was hoping for. I can see myself sinking a ton of time into it.

I'm not a big fan of exploration/crafting games like Terraria. I picked it up to give it a shot. I enjoy games that have a path to follow and a set ending. I like being able to complete something. Someone told me that I would need to set goals for myself. It's definitely a good game, but I'm not sure if it's the game for me.

Terraria is best played with a couple of friends. You do need to set some goals for yourself. There is a logical order of which bosses to kill, so I usually make the next boss my current goal.

Terraria is best played with a couple of friends. You do need to set some goals for yourself. There is a logical order of which bosses to kill, so I usually make the next boss my current goal.

If you and anyone else wants to join me, I'd be down to play it with some other people.

Most of my playtime right now happens between 9am and noon EDT. I don't know if that time frame works for you, you're likely working, but if it does I'd be happy to play with you.

Most of my playtime right now happens between 9am and noon EDT. I don't know if that time frame works for you, you're likely working, but if it does I'd be happy to play with you.

That's prime workin' time for me. :^(

got castle crashers for 99p and then the 2 packs for 8p each lol

All of my pick-ups so far:

• Tomb Raider
  • Spelunky
  • Titan Quest
  • Brutal Legend
  • Spec Ops: The Line
  • Gone Home
  • Defy Gravity Extended
  • Rogue Legacy
  • Kingdom Rush
  • Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
  • Dragon Age
  • The Stanley Parable
  • Papers, Please
  • Monaco
  • Terraria

I bought Age of Empires III: Complete Edition and The Typing of the Dead: Overkill. Also got Payday 2 as a gift. :3

All of my pick-ups so far:

• Tomb Raider
  • Spelunky
  • Titan Quest
  • Brutal Legend
  • Spec Ops: The Line
  • Gone Home
  • Defy Gravity Extended
  • Rogue Legacy
  • Kingdom Rush
  • Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
  • Dragon Age
  • The Stanley Parable
  • Papers, Please
  • Monaco
  • Terraria

Are you a shopaholic :) You don't have tim to play all those games, you have to do DD2 stuff.

I bought Age of Empires III: Complete Edition and The Typing of the Dead: Overkill. Also got Payday 2 as a gift. :3

I never played AoE III, but I was addicted to AoE II: The Age of Kings.

Are you a shopaholic :) You don't have tim to play all those games, you have to do DD2 stuff.

I'm waking up several hours earlier so I can get some game time in each day. Yolo.

The beauty of what money can buy lol. Hope ur not like most people and end up not playing most of those games that u bought.

The beauty of what money can buy lol. Hope ur not like most people and end up not playing most of those games that u bought.

I will definitely play all of them, but if I don't like a game, I'm not compelled to finish it. So far, I've finished Gone Home and The Stanley Parable. Rogue Legacy is next on my list. This game is amazing! Highly recommended.

• Magical Drop V (which I think has been on my WL for about 4 years now)
  • Siberia / Siberia II
  • Castle Crashers
  • Battleblock Theatre
  • Brothers
  • World of Goo
  • Shadowgrounds
  • Defy Gravity
  • Draw a Stickman
  • One Way Heroics
  • LYNE
  • Banished
  • Dragon Age
  • Scribblenauts Unmasked
  • They Breathe
  • 39 Steps
  • Year Walk
  • Samorost2

Banished has been, thus far, the best buy out of the group. I love, love, love combo city builder-strategy games (AoE III is still one of my favorite games of all time). There are a few more on my list I plan on getting sooner rather than later but I'll probably just hit up /r/SteamGameSwap after the sale is over; prices are usually drastically cheaper over there anyway. Got my eye on Kerbal, The Wolf Among Us and 7 Days to Die. If anyone has played those games, I'd love to hear some opinions.