[WTA] Celebration

Hello cats and kittens, I've got for you today one bona fide and uncut Celebration. I've been thinking of creative ways to get rid of some of my wealth, and I've come up with an auction that will drive you absolutely mad.

You shall bid as normal, but what you will be bidding is not normal, but small. Yes, I will only be taking small coal in this auction and nothing else. This is less a measure of wealth, and more of a measure of how long you're willing to do an inane task. (For those of you who don't know, small coal is awarded on lower difficulties of Winter Wonderland and Silent Night. Medium is apparently the lowest.)

So, farm like mad, pool together, do whatever (besides hack) to beat the current c/o. There will be a threshold where the amount of small coal you can keep in your box will be hit, and I don't expect it to stop there. I'd like to see a literal ton of coal. If you run out of room on your main, here's a hint, family sharing can give you more space.

Since unlike a traditional auction I'm expecting you to farm your currency, I'll put a cutoff of two weeks for bidding, which I think is more than adequate.

Anyway, my usual rules apply. Don't be a douchebag, I'm in charge, ect. Keep in mind there is a reserve in effect, lol.

Bid Increments need to be kept to 20% of the current bid or more. IE. 40 small coal = 8 small coal increments.

C/O: 1500 - Watson and Sniff

For those of you complaining, here are the numbers:
Assume 15 minutes per speed Medium run.
4 small coal with 4 afk's in per run.
That's 16 small coal an hour.

This means that it would take around 40 hours, an average of around 3 hours a day over the course of the two weeks that I have set, to gain a full account of Small Coal. During these 40 hours you are not required to be completely focused, and can do other things for around 48 minutes of each hour.

As an added incentive, in the event that you lose the auction, I'll trade you 1 coal for every 4 small coals you give me. If I don't have coals on hand, which I should, I can pay in other currency equivalents.

REMEMBER: Going back to your tavern with over 88 Small Coal WILL spawn a small diamond. To avoid this, either don't go to your tavern, keep it in your shop, or keep it on an alt/friend's account.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious.. why the reserve if you are trying to get rid of stuff?

Just curious.. why the reserve if you are trying to get rid of stuff?

Because I'd like to see people actually try for it, as opposed to just buying a few small coals and convince all their friends not to bid. That and it'd be nice to have a few small diamonds to keep in my tavern.

If i have 88 coal and i put 87 on my floor and one in my box or shop will it spawn a diamond?

If i have 88 coal and i put 87 on my floor and one in my box or shop will it spawn a diamond?

nope :)

Oh dear lord - the sheer slowness of mobs on less than NM. Anyway, it'll be fun to see how this turns out - good luck everyone, and hf for this new-style way of doing it person.

To bad I'm away for the next week. Would love a celebration

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Well, don't give up, you could always try buying some and farming your butt off for a week. XD

Thanks everyone for your positive comments and bids, bids have been updated.

Updated! Bid Increments from this point forward need to be kept to 20% of the current bid or more to reduce spam. IE. 40 small coal = 8 small coal increments. Thanks for understanding.

Oh yeah, finally starting to feel like a real competition now, which makes me less ashamed of us farming WW not on NM :)