Speed Hardcaps at ...

I was told that there is a built in hardcap which negates any extra point after a a given amount.

I believe that is wrong. I believe the diminishing returns may make it appear that way but you are still technically adding speed. The issue though is when it becomes unnoticeable and I am not sure if anyone has tested that. So for instance with a total of say 90 speed with items you move at 20 feet per second (made up) but at 150 you move at 20.45 feet per second or something it may not be noticeable but it still is increasing.

i did a little testing with speed a while back. I had about 100 or so in speed (after equips, obviously, 70 hero points) and reset myself and removed about 30 points from speed, bringing me down to right about 70, and there was a VERY noticeable drop in my speed.
It may drop off hard at some point, but at least up to about 100 there was a pretty obvious increase. Though at some point, to me, it seems like increasing speed is almost a waste anyways when you could be increasing other stats.

I'm pretty positive its different for the classes. Start the game and base speeds alone are drastically different.

I'm sure there is a hard cap. At 125 speed and over 7000 (hacked for testing on open of course) the speed was quite similar. I'm not implying 125 is the limit but if there's unlimited diminishing return, that curve must be going up sharply after 100.

I'm sure there is a hard cap. At 125 speed and over 7000 (hacked for testing on open of course) the speed was quite similar. I'm not implying 125 is the limit but if there's unlimited diminishing return, that curve must be going up sharply after 100.

Thanks for this info.

fwiw, I was plevelign another squire putting everything into run speed. With 70 in run speed i was still slower than my huntress with 53 ( mostly from gear)

i did a little testing with speed a while back. I had about 100 or so in speed (after equips, obviously, 70 hero points) and reset myself and removed about 30 points from speed, bringing me down to right about 70, and there was a VERY noticeable drop in my speed.
It may drop off hard at some point, but at least up to about 100 there was a pretty obvious increase. Though at some point, to me, it seems like increasing speed is almost a waste anyways when you could be increasing other stats.

Is it safe to assume that it's similar for other stats as well? Or does each stat have a different curve?

Is it safe to assume that it's similar for other stats as well? Or does each stat have a different curve?

I'm pretty sure each stat has different curves for their diminishing returns, especially since a lot of the patch notes involving them changing the ramp for certain stats.

Though, i'm pretty sure that its safe to say that any stat up to at least 100 should have a fairly noticeable change