buying an suv soon! Think I have my choices down to 4, want your input!

Alright so I have my choices down to these:

Chevy Equinox

Hyundia Santa fe

Ford Escape

Dodge Journey

Currently the Equinox is in the lead, but I'm not committed to it yet. Going to buy one in 2 months. Let me know what you guys think!

I don't know the mpg, price, ammenities, etc. but the new Grand Cherokees look nothing like their predecessor.

I like the Ford Escape, as far as looks. I'd need to compare all the relative stats to make a decision on the four you listed. Best of luck finding your new vehicle.

Curious: Why are you wanting an SUV? That might help us slim down the choices for you.

Daddy doesn't want to roll in style?

2014 CADILLAC ESCALADE SUV

The Chevy Equinox and the Ford Escape have the highest MPG, which I think is the biggest deciding factor for a vehicle as gas prices are only going to get higher in the future. If you have kids, the safety rating should be your second deciding factor. The Ford Escape has a better rating than the Chevy Equinox (8.1 to 7.9). Finally, the Ford Escape's MSRP is cheaper than the Chevy Equinox ($22,610 to $24,440).

My vote goes to the Ford Escape based on those three factors. If we're just going by looks alone, I'd get the Hyundai Santa Fe in burnt orange.

I would also go with the Ford. I had a family friend with an Equinox and they had quite a few problems with it. I have owned Fords in the past and they have always been a fairly solid vehicle.

I'd get the Hyundai Santa Fe in burnt orange.

Oh that is nice ^^^ for a SUV :P

The Chevy Equinox and the Ford Escape have the highest MPG, which I think is the biggest deciding factor for a vehicle as gas prices are only going to get higher in the future.

lol, took me a second to Canadianize that, here we go L/100km and the LOWER the number the better

lol, took me a second to Canadianize that, here we go L/100km and the LOWER the number the better

Whoa, I didn't even think about that difference. Because I'm too lazy to Google: Does Canada have any vehicle manufacturers, or is everything an import?

Canada did have some smaller vehicle manufacturers in the past but none of them were very successful.

It's to bad Ford doesn't make the Excursion any more, that was a real SUV. My family had one, only you measured fuel economy in gallons/mile (not really but it was pretty bad).

Statistics aren't everything, be sure to pick a vehicle that you like the way it rides. I'd also think you might want to consider the quality of customer service you think you will receive from the dealer you buy from. There are two Ford dealers 20 minutes or less from where I live, I would never buy a vehicle from one but the other would be one of the first places I'd go when buying a vehicle because of their customer service.

Also my parents talk in mpg still but the standard is L/100km which can make talking about fuel economy interesting. Being Canadian we must know two units of measure, maybe if some certain southern neighbours learned metric....

maybe if some certain southern neighbours learned metric....

I'll translate that to American: Hey y'all neighbOrs, 27/32s is a terrible measurement.... why not use base 10 units?

Just bought a Hyundai Sante Fe for my wife. Good gas mileage so far, amazing warranty and should be great for our about to be bigger family. Highly recommended IMO

• 2 weeks later...
oh yeah baby, I took home an Equinox

Nice! How do you feel about it so far? Any issues?

Nice! How do you feel about it so far? Any issues?

The only feeling is awesome amount of space and that it's more fuel econ than my pontiac pursuit!

Just got home from the beach at 7.2L/100Kms.... I'm happy about it, and recomend it so far!