Will the huntress only have bows or will there be guns too?

I've only seen bows so far... And honestly I hope it stays that way. I've never been a fan of mechanized weapons of any type in games set in ancient times. But considering they were in the original DD I can only expect they would show up in DD2, sadly. Though maybe, just hopefully, the now grown up huntress thinks the same way I do about this.

-Vys

I've only seen bows so far... And honestly I hope it stays that way. I've never been a fan of mechanized weapons of any type in games set in ancient times. But considering they were in the original DD I can only expect they would show up in DD2, sadly. Though maybe, just hopefully, the now grown up huntress thinks the same way I do about this.

-Vys

I want my Eternia Cannon. Bows only ... no way.

Well the guns worked out for EV, but I also prefer bows for Huntress... Just get a multishot aoe piercing bow of destruction :) Keep your eternia cannon :P

-Vys

I'm thinking something along the lines of the huntress exclusively using bows. She would think back to her younger years and feel embarrassed that she ever used such weapons as the crossbow as a crutch. Now that she's more mature it's either the elegant prowess of a bow or nothing at all.

I'm thinking something along the lines of the huntress exclusively using bows. She would think back to her younger years and feel embarrassed that she ever used such weapons as the crossbow as a crutch. Now that she's more mature it's either the elegant prowess of a bow or nothing at all.

Exactly, the huntress doesn't like to be unelegant! So bows is what she will stick with *crosses fingers*

-Vys

We have so far revealed only the first few weapons our heroes can use but that doesn't mean these are the only weapons our heroes will be using. Heroes will be able to equip more than one type of weapon which will largely be decided as part of their kits when we develop them. We'll be revealing more about weapons in the future!

That's not to say bows aren't awesome :p Here is the Rose Bow, complete with a vine-quiver;

[ATTACH=CONFIG]522[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]523[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]524[/ATTACH]

We have so far revealed only the first few weapons our heroes can use but that doesn't mean these are the only weapons our heroes will be using. Heroes will be able to equip more than one type of weapon which will largely be decided as part of their kits when we develop them. We'll be revealing more about weapons in the future!

Cool, well I'm just going to stick with my story until you do. : P

[ATTACH=CONFIG]522[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]523[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]524[/ATTACH]

Nice pictures. Can I ask, how did you do that? Does is automatically thumbnail images when there's 2> in a post?

I'm afraid I'm going to have to agree with Vystirch on this one. I feel that a huntress class from this time era would only have bows or crossbows. They feel is more pure and not blended with other characters or times. This could leave it open for a new character wielding mechanic based weapons as well. Possibly something you could put in the suggestion thread?

Nice pictures. Can I ask, how did you do that? Does is automatically thumbnail images when there's 2> in a post?

I curious also, did you do that, did it just happen, or is it a program?

-Vys

Exactly, the huntress doesn't like to be unelegant! So bows is what she will stick with *crosses fingers*

-Vys

Until Portal 3... then a new Aperture Science HPD for DD2! The portal gun from the preoder was so broken and still remains the most broken item in my DD1 collection.

Huntress is my character of choice i hope she gets to use crossbows i can do without the guns though....

I can stand with you by that. Thanks Imm.

-Vys

I'm afraid I'm going to have to agree with Vystirch on this one. I feel that a huntress class from this time era would only have bows or crossbows. They feel is more pure and not blended with other characters or times. This could leave it open for a new character wielding mechanic based weapons as well. Possibly something you could put in the suggestion thread?

Here's hoping. If guns are going to be in game, which they almost certainly are, they should be given to another class.

Nothing external, just 'insert picture' and upload. The actual code is [ATTACH=CONFIG][/ATTACH]

Ta, I briefly tried to figure this out myself by quoting you and switching to source mode, but I forgot to add around the url but inside the attach brackets. Let's see if I can get it right this time...

[ATTACH=CONFIG][/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]http://www.gamersglobal.de/sites/gamersglobal.de/files/news/teaser/4016/dungeon_defenders.jpg[/ATTACH]

EDIT: Scratch that, still can't figure it out. I must be doing something wrong.

Until Portal 3... then a new Aperture Science HPD for DD2! The portal gun from the preoder was so broken and still remains the most broken item in my DD1 collection.

The portal gun was pretty handy for running sky city.

Donno where to put this so NISH AND ASHARIEL, CONGRATZ ON UR SPOT IN COUNCIL :D

I liked the concept of the portal gun but never really used it either.

On the subject of bows crosbows and guns: Bows all the way fo show... Otherwise I would go with an authentic old musket if people really want guns. Think modern guns feel really out of place if there isnt a modern skin to match it....
As I said before, it worked for EV but huntress ? nah...

I liked the concept of the portal gun but never really used it either.

Because it reduced your personal DPS to 0 during the wave. Some maps had ways to instant-kill mobs, but it was hard to do even in the best cases.

The portal gun was only viable on EV due to having two weapons you could switch between.
(also...Jester?)

Oh wow, I only played console so I didn't get to play with the portal gun. Not going to lie I'm a bit jealous of that!

Oh wow, I only played console so I didn't get to play with the portal gun. Not going to lie I'm a bit jealous of that!

It's fun to play with, no doubt.

It is, however, not useful until you've fully upgraded it (and putting every damn point into ammo).

I don't think bringing back the M4 (a light-machine-gun might be the wrong name thought) and other futurist weapon is good (It was fun still) because like others said before me : DD2 it's not very a futurist game... The crosbow can be reimplemented because it's not a futuristic weapon...
Then, i think variation in weapon is good because you can have differents style of playing them(long range with bow but slow and short range with crossbow but fast).