[Suggestion] Implement automatic bans / warns regarding hacked items

Heyho,

I'm wondering if it wouldn't be possible with relative low effort to add an automatic ban / warn system regarding hacked items. Meanwhile we know that item generating will be done client side and we cannot prevent hacking, we also know that our game data will be saved server side at least for ranked mode.

I don't know how the game data will be saved but theoretical you guys (Trendy) are able to punish people for using hacked stuff easily. Just add a Perl job or another kind of query to check for hacked items inside of our game data right after our game data will be saved. If I'm not wrong then our game data will be uploaded right after something has been changed on our local game data. Depending on this delay you would be able to punish the hacker itself.

In case this delay is huge and people would be able to trade before things will be saved:
I've read somewhere at the forums that an item has its own 'id'. So theoretical you would be able to track all items with an extra database table once for the items and there owners.

Yeah, we cannot do anything against the hacking itself but we can deal with the hacked items.

In case we can track items:
Creating/Selling hacked stuff = permanently ban
Buying hacked stuff = warn and remove the stuff

In case we cannot track items:
Using obvious hacked stuff = 4-week-ban and remove the stuff, using again permanently ban
Using non-obvious hacked stuff = warn and remove the stuff, warn again, 2-week-ban, 4-week-ban

Good idea but for creating/selling hacked items it should be a warning first and if they get caught doing it again it should be a permanent ban.

Of course any punish needs to be discussed I've added them as an example. The question is, is it possible like I've stated. If so then I have no clue why it was not considered yet by Trendy.

In case we can track items:

Using obvious hacked stuff = 4-week-ban and remove the stuff, using again permanently ban
Using non-obvious hacked stuff = warn and remove the stuff, warn again, 2-week-ban, 4-week-ban

Really?

This is veeeeery wishy washy.

The report feature still remains a better option than any of this.

It would be great if trendy coulf fix but since my english isnt that good and im not that much into the techiques of blocking hacker from the game i cant really comment on the "how to do it".
But the idea seems good.

and of course for hacking items and selling them it should be a perma ban, but if people who dont hack it themselfs but got the items through trading a warning is fine because most people dont know when stuff is hacked and when not. But mor important is to fix that damn stealing bug.

Really?

This is veeeeery wishy washy.

The report feature still remains a better option than any of this.
The report feature requires players with knowledges especially for non-obvious hacked stuff and even if they get caught by someone it doesn't mean they get reported.

Also keep in mind that non-obvious hacked stuff could be bought by a player with less knowledges and probably will be reported by an experienced player for using such stuff. So an automatic systems solves a lot of issues, also that someone of Trendy needs to investigate every single report.

As i have said before ADD Punkbuster to every game server. My dads Clan use it on all their servers instantly kick and bans them from your game.

I don't know about the mildly hacked stuff, but I'm guessing it would be pretty easy to track down the insanely hacked stuff and ban the player wearing it. So for example, anyone wearing gear over a certain threshold would be instantly banned using said script above.

I'm honestly not too concerned about the players with hacked gear that's obtainable in-game. Yeah it sucks they didn't legitimately earn it, but I really think the fun ruiners of the game are the ones with unrealistically high stats.

As i have said before ADD Punkbuster to every game server. My dads Clan use it on all their servers instantly kick and bans them from your game.
We have VAC already, which essentially does the same thing as VAC however it operates on an intentional delay to prevent hackers from knowing exactly what caused their ban.

Punkbuster would not solve any problems, would require significant time to implement, and is a hassle to the end user since it slows down loading up the games that use it. It's also not very effective and pretty easy for any decent cheater to evade.

[QUOTE]In case we can track items:

Using non-obvious hacked stuff = warn and remove the stuff, warn again, 2-week-ban, 4-week-ban[/QUOTE]

I think the entire idea would be great if it could be implemented, just maybe a little more of a warning and less ban for those that might obtain them without knowing.
A lot of newer players, especially ones that don't play in online communities or groups, don't know about item checking or things like that. They don't know about "too good to be true" stores. So using or selling? They might not know they are using/selling bad items.
Possibly just warn, give an explanation on why/how, and then destroy the item. Maybe send a link to a forum talking about how to get items checked or groups that can help.
There could be a whole new community to help do these things.

But, all in all, it would be nice to see those hackers gone and the majority of hacked gear gone as well.

I like the idea of an automatic system but I think it should just delete the items and not give bans
borderlands 2 has one and it works well
you will never stop the hackers but you could help players who are trying to play legit
the problem is smart hackers do not hack their gear they hack their hero(no gear needed) the crystal (indestructible)the game (wave number/time) and monsters(kill all) to farm legit gear for them self.
even if some are dumb and wear hacked gear it really doesn't hurt any one else but when they hack gear for trade and trolling Innocent players get banned

I like the idea of an automatic system but I think it should just delete the items and not give bans
borderlands 2 has one and it works well
you will never stop the hackers but you could help players who are trying to play legit
the problem is smart hackers do not hack their gear they hack their hero(no gear needed) the crystal (indestructible)the game (wave number/time) and monsters(kill all) to farm legit gear for them self.
even if some are dumb and wear hacked gear it really doesn't hurt any one else but when they hack gear for trade and trolling Innocent players get banned
Why not punish hackers, asking for a tool which checks our items but not punishing them who created it seems not logical. Your example will again lead to endless tries to create 'legit' Ult++ gear.

Once this system is working, everything will be checked. Players with insanely hacked items gets an instant ban. Non-obvious hacked things gets deleted and their owners once get away with it.

People are dumb and the majority is hacking gear instead of doing anything else. I've already heard that some people say that it is nowhere written that hacking is forbidden. To be honest it is forbidden and not wanted in any game and everyone knows it!!!!! Please a bit more common sense. The laws are very similar, it is forbidden to rob a gas station or bank. You cannot say 'Where it is written that robbing a gas station is forbidden?' Doesn't matter if you are a German and rob a bank in America or otherwise. Common sense!

Why not punish hackers, asking for a tool which checks our items but not punishing them who created it seems not logical. Your example will again lead to endless tries to create 'legit' Ult++ gear.

Once this system is working, everything will be checked. Players with insanely hacked items gets an instant ban. Non-obvious hacked things gets deleted and their owners once get away with it.

People are dumb and the majority is hacking gear instead of doing anything else. I've already heard that some people say that it is nowhere written that hacking is forbidden. To be honest it is forbidden and not wanted in any game and everyone knows it!!!!! Please a bit more common sense. The laws are very similar, it is forbidden to rob a gas station or bank. You cannot say 'Where it is written that robbing a gas station is forbidden?' Doesn't matter if you are a German and rob a bank in America or otherwise. Common sense!

we dont agree on much but that was pretty much spot on..