Item Stealing Exploit Fixed for Windows/Mac/Linux Steam Users

Update #2: The item stealing hotfix has been deployed for Steam Linux users! Please update your game before playing online again.

Update #1: The Mac hotfix is live! We're still preparing the Linux fix. We'll update this post when the Linux hotfix is live.

Today's hotfix for Windows Steam users solved an issue where players were able to steal items from other players. We looked into the issue and were able to fix it quickly, so we released a hotfix. Please update your game to remain safe. This hotfix does not recover items stolen during the time of this exploit. We apologize for the frustration.

We hope to have the hotfix ready for Mac and Linux Steam users within the next day or two. We'll update this thread when the hotfix is ready for these platforms.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[spoiler]
´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶
´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´¶¶¶¶
¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´¶¶¶¶
¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´¶¶¶¶¶
¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶ ´¶¶¶¶¶´
´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶ [/spoiler]

Can someone clarify what it means by "Update your game". o:

If you log out of Dungeon Defenders and restart your Steam client, an update should download for the game.

That was fast considering it just popped up on peoples radar recently. Thanks. Go Trendy!!

Now everyone can keep defending, even in pubs. :)

If you log out of Dungeon Defenders and restart your Steam client, an update should download for the game.

thx trendy for fix and iamisom for reply. it broke my heart not doing pub games outta fear of losing the items i have acquired. dont get me wrong, i love playing w my dd boyz, but still liked going in pubs building levels for ppl and telling them bout the forums and great groups we have here. now if only the patch would come out. my b-day is the 30th of this month. would b a great present for me(wink, wink)

Everyone should make sure to give isom a thumbs up for that. :)

so i log back on and see it updated, but lost a rainmaker, rockshatter and mana monster that i won from the linbuni giveaway.
i saw that i have my previous stuff.
anyway to fix this??

Thumbs up from me :) Yay Trendy!!! Bring on the super DD update HF's Bday is May 10th and I would like some ranked Moonbase please :)

Today's hotfix for Windows Steam users solved an issue where players were able to steal items from other players. We looked into the issue and were able to fix it quickly, so we released a hotfix. Please update your game to remain safe. This hotfix does not recover items stolen during the time of this exploit. We apologize for the frustration.

We hope to have the hotfix ready for Mac and Linux Steam users within the next day or two. We'll update this thread when the hotfix is ready for these platforms.

dis guy here is a boss, I never knew about this and loved public games only by stumbling across the subreddit i found out then never went into public games (this was like a week ago when i started playing dd again). So is it true they can unlock tavern also? and does this fix it like someone asked?

I was deathly afraid this wasn't something that could be fixed, i know it's created a lot of panic among those i know who play DD. Thank you for fixing this as i was about ready to stop playing the game.

Thank you so much! but just curious does this also fix people being able to unlock your tavern as well?

This hotfix did not address any glitches/exploits with the tavern.

Good to hear that bug has been fixed. Good job on fixing the problem rather than pretending it didn't exist.

While you're fixing this, please also take moment to increase our item box capacities again as a gesture of good will for having pushed back the last patch and the moonbase indefinitely and to make up for the pain and suffering we've experienced from this glitch. Thank you.

so i log back on and see it updated, but lost a rainmaker, rockshatter and mana monster that i won from the linbuni giveaway.
i saw that i have my previous stuff.
anyway to fix this??

If you email us your Steam profile link to [email]support@trendyent.com[/email], there's a chance we can get those items back, but it's not guaranteed. Please make sure you don't log into TrendyNet until you get the OK from us. :)

The Hero Info function was removed from the menu (for obvious reasons) so people cannot steal from other characters. However, now I am unable to quickly see if someone is using hacked gear nor am I able to prevent them from unlocking my tavern. I appreciate the fast response to this horrific glitch, but there is still a really bad glitch out there that allows people to unlock taverns and playing with pubs means chasing them down to make sure they aren't using modded gear.

Basically, playing with random people is still a toss-up because they could loot your tavern when you're done with a map or they could be using modded gear taking up a spot that a legitimate character could use. The hotfix alleviated some fears of playing with pubs, but it's still better to play by yourself or only with trusted friends as the other glaring issues are still lingering.

Any news on when the tavern glitch will be fixed and if there will be something new implemented so we can check out whether or not a new player is legit?

This hotfix did not address any glitches/exploits with the tavern.

So let see if I have this right.

It only addresses the following:
Someone taking away things you are wearing, as in on your active character.

Are there limitations to where this applies? In your own tavern, in your hosted game, in someone elses tavern, in someone elses game?

And it did not adress:
Picking up of locked items (=Stealing) on the tavern floor / private room?

Basically, tldr mode,
Is it or is it not safe to join the games of other people?
Is it or is it not safe to host games again, including going your own tavern?

Great work guys, thanks for taking the time to look into this issue. Bit disappointed you can't check other's items as easily now though.

Good you've responded quick but reading the other comments you've just removed the hero info button, as others have said this is important to screen players...