Hi!

I just got on the council this week, after a wonderful time at PAX East. I was/am excited to participate in the pre-alpha and get started. So I was all super excited when I jumped in today...to a game with others...that that was Much harder than my ability.

I spoke with some other people on the council and they said that previously there were other maps for the new people (aka people that just got their council seats) so that they could learn and understand the game before jumping in to a hard level with others.

I feel like maybe, if it's not too much trouble, bring the earlier (easier) levels back so we can experiment and explore each character and find out what everything does for ourselves. In DD1, I loved playing and learning with others, but sometimes I would go run Deeper Well on my own just to experiment with little things and try to figure out what they looked like, radius, damage amounts, character strength, character health, enemy strength/health, things like that. It just makes things a little more difficult to look for things that are right/wrong/could be better if we aren't sure what they are supposed to look like to begin with.

So, I'm not complaining, love the game so far, I just want to be a little more playtested so I can understand and discover more about it. :)
Thanks so far!

next weekend :)

and btw welcome to the Forbidden Council!

Why are we the "Forbidden Council" now? I kind of liked being the "Knights of the Tavern Table".

As far as the difficulty of the playtest, yes this one is quite difficult. We are all bearing through this test learning its nuances and beating it any way we can. This is part of the testing process. We as councilors must attempt to vanquish any foe, no matter the difficulty. It will hopefully get easier but you must realize that this level was being tested for level 25+ characters and is by no means the start of the game. They will bring back the earlier levels, we must be patient. :)

Welcome to the Council!

This playtest we only had one map, but most test had more then one including an easy/normal map.
So I think we will get more normal maps later as well. (as we test both early and late game)

and btw welcome to the Forbidden Council!

Forbidden xD