@Trendy devs: So, how is the workplace treating you?

I'm not trying to resurrect old stuff,

BUT

I'm really interested in how the workplace climate is currently at Trendy. I'm guessing more than just a few people might remember the old Kotaku article. I'm not linking it. (Search tool is your friend)

I'm really interested in how things changed. You got a new CEO, you obviously ditched the whole MOBA/LoL Clone stuff and things seem to be progressing nicely. But then again, I would like to know that my money for DD2 is going to a company that treats its devs, testers and all the rest of the staff which are actually responsible for making the game awesome, right. Are you guys having fun working on DD2?

I'm really interested in how the workplace climate is currently at Trendy. I'm guessing more than just a few people might remember the old Kotaku article. I'm not linking it. (Search tool is your friend)

Searching through a page of threads with the key word 'Kotaku' isn't exactly fun. Here's the link for anyone else that would like to read it.

While I don't think there is harm in bringing it up, not sure if this is the right sub forum :p

If I could give my own experience as a tester.. I was testing the MOBA for some time and have been testing this Tower defence alpha.

Let's just say I couldnt even get anyone to respond to my emails at Trendy :P. I couldn't get the submit bug button working in my Moba DD2 and sent out a few emails but never got a reply. Also went online a few times and didnt see anyone on (after the initial excitement died down).

I imagine they weren't able to reply to my messages and others due to a decision or focusing on other core areas as an organisation which is understandable. That being said I'm aware of at least 1 staff member who left and is now back with the company.

Our experience on the council is phenomenal. Our messages, are answered quickly, there is a lot of collaboration with the developers and the community development team. We are invited to skype chats and developer video streams.

Overall very very impressed as I was quite disappointed I could never even get 1 person to help me submit a bug for the Moba. Not blaming anyone but just saying I imagine their hands were tied and focuses were shifting, as I am familiar with these kind of things.

So yeah from my perspective, it's changed for the better (if it was even as bad as the article implied).

After this was posted, there have been a lot of Devs on the forums, as you can see from the bottom of the forum menu. Also from monitoring a few of them they have been viewing this thread. So I expect we will get a response soon.

-Vys

While I don't think there is harm in bringing it up, not sure if this is the right sub forum :p

If I could give my own experience as a tester.. I was testing the MOBA for some time and have been testing this Tower defence alpha.

Let's just say I couldnt even get anyone to respond to my emails at Trendy :P. I couldn't get the submit bug button working in my Moba DD2 and sent out a few emails but never got a reply. Also went online a few times and didnt see anyone on (after the initial excitement died down).

I imagine they weren't able to reply to my messages and others due to a decision or focusing on other core areas as an organisation which is understandable. That being said I'm aware of at least 1 staff member who left and is now back with the company.

Our experience on the council is phenomenal. Our messages, are answered quickly, there is a lot of collaboration with the developers and the community development team. We are invited to skype chats and developer video streams.

Overall very very impressed as I was quite disappointed I could never even get 1 person to help me submit a bug for the Moba. Not blaming anyone but just saying I imagine their hands were tied and focuses were shifting, as I am familiar with these kind of things.

So yeah from my perspective, it's changed for the better (if it was even as bad as the article implied).

Thanks for sharing your experiences with the 'new' Trendy dev team. Can't wait to join the fun. :)

Edit:

After this was posted, there have been a lot of Devs on the forums, as you can see from the bottom of the forum menu. Also from monitoring a few of them they have been viewing this thread. So I expect we will get a response soon.

-Vys

Wow very observant Vys, I hope you're right!

Things are great :) Although we could use more donuts and cupcakes O.O Although I think that will always be the case...

I was the one who left and came back. It's night and day here at Trendy. I can't speak for everyone, but the work environment and employee morale has improved substantially. Spirits are especially high right now after the positive feedback we received at PAX.

But yeah, we need more donuts and cupcakes.

I was the one who left and came back. It's night and day here at Trendy. I can't speak for everyone, but the work environment and employee morale has improved substantially. Spirits are especially high right now after the positive feedback we received at PAX.

You can use me as your official baker and another community guy. :)

I've alrdy packed my bag, just waiting for the all clear.

-Vys

[QUOTE]Things are great Although we could use more donuts and cupcakes O.O Although I think that will always be the case...[/QUOTE]

Its true, they really need more donuts and cupcakes, I saw a bunch of the team at Pax East last weekend and they could use some fattening up! Perhaps some appetizers like the ones you got us at the after party last year at Pax East, those were good appetizers. I am glad things have been on the up for you guys, compared to last year you guys all seemed in way better spirits this year. Keep up the good work guys and gals, you know we all got your back with copious amounts of doughnuts and cupcakes when you need them just let the community know and you may get a shipment (maybe cupcakes that look like little cows, just for Laura)!

(maybe cupcakes that look like little cows, just for Laura)!

I'm not sure if Laura would want little cows to be eaten...

[QUOTE]I'm not sure if Laura would want little cows to be eaten...[/QUOTE]

If it did happen, i think someone would need to videotape the whole thing because it would be awesome, and share it with the community! I mean they are working on Dungeon Defenders 2, Laura protecting the cow cupcakes from the incoming hordes of hungry coworkers, bunkers down with office furniture defenses. I think we got a winning idea here, now to find a local place to do it and send it over to the company :)

Its true, they really need more donuts and cupcakes, I saw a bunch of the team at Pax East last weekend and they could use some fattening up! Perhaps some appetizers like the ones you got us at the after party last year at Pax East, those were good appetizers. I am glad things have been on the up for you guys, compared to last year you guys all seemed in way better spirits this year. Keep up the good work guys and gals, you know we all got your back with copious amounts of doughnuts and cupcakes when you need them just let the community know and you may get a shipment (maybe cupcakes that look like little cows, just for Laura)!

Speaking of donuts, I'm glad you didn't see my shame on Sunday afternoon. I was STARVING, and I spotted a bag of Dunkin' Donuts by our merch booth table. I reached in, grabbed a strawberry-jelly-filled donut and RAMMED IT into my face. I had sugar and jelly all over my face and down my shirt.

Worth it.

That's great news! Working hard on a project and realising there's a whole community out there that are just as passionate about your work as you are must be the best feeling. Keep it up! : )

Speaking of donuts, I'm glad you didn't see my shame on Sunday afternoon. I was STARVING, and I spotted a bag of Dunkin' Donuts by our merch booth table. I reached in, grabbed a strawberry-jelly-filled donut and RAMMED IT into my face. I had sugar and jelly all over my face and down my shirt.

Worth it.

so thats why you got sick after pax, for taking that donut

Worth it.

You're not a true lizard* until you've disloacted your jaw and eaten something whole. ;)

*Joking related to your avatar icon.

Worth it.

Wow that donut sounds delicious... I would have been licking my shirt off.

-Vys

haha well I didn't want to name names ;)

Worth it.

There is so much class in this post.

I'm not sure if Laura would want little cows to be eaten...

Cows are some of the most delicious animals out there. That's one reason why I like them.

If it did happen, i think someone would need to videotape the whole thing because it would be awesome, and share it with the community! I mean they are working on Dungeon Defenders 2, Laura protecting the cow cupcakes from the incoming hordes of hungry coworkers, bunkers down with office furniture defenses. I think we got a winning idea here, now to find a local place to do it and send it over to the company :)

I would love to do this! I can already tell which pieces of furniture would be the most useful to create traps and defenses.

Cows are some of the most delicious animals out there. That's one reason why I like them.

I would love to do this! I can already tell which pieces of furniture would be the most useful to create traps and defenses.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha! I would love to be present during this, or at least there better be someone videotaping it.

And boy do I agree, beef is delicious!

-Vys

Then this should happen some day, so long as the bosses are cool with it!

The sign of a true animal lover.

Also I read coworkers as cow workers in loxp's post.

It's really good to hear that the work environment has improved. People do better quality work in an environment that they are comfortable in.

I can vouch for this. Luckily I was there to clean the jelly off his shirt. It was delicious.

Ahaha oh dude come on. I'm imagining this and it's not a good picture. >_