Sign in to follow this  
AussieMark

The unreachable land of lights!

Oooo so I was online by myself after playing the Nimbus challenge map and decided to have a wander and see how far I could jump / fly off into the unknown.

My what's this pretty city of lights I can see on the nimbus map?

Hopping over the water as fast as I can!

Still Trying to get closer!

Soooo close!

**Disclaimer**

Please note I am using a bug to do this / get this far (as it is just background scenery) and mashing my Function + Print screen key at the same time as I only have a few seconds before I die (because im jumping off the ledge / map):p

but that is why the quality / lighting for some of them is quite bad as its due to the bug only (also am playing on low / small resolution on a laptop).

Question - How far can you get to the city of lights? :)

Here is a pic with my graphics settings up to maximum on the laptop just so you can see how beautiful the landscape in this game really is ;)

and last one :)

Sam: There are dead things! Dead faces in the water!
Gollum: All dead... all rotten. Elves and men and orcses. A great battle, long ago. The Dead Marshes... yes, that is their name.
Gollum: Don't follow the lights

-Vys

I just assumed the scenery wouldn't have collision so I never jumped off. Landscape does have collision turned on by default so I guess they just forgot to disable it.

Also, wow, that is a lot of detail for something to be seen from far away.

thxs for giving us a glimpse into the game i love seeing these new images of the game...:huntress:

You're very welcome :). Will see you in the game soon im sure :p

I was once told you should walk towards the light. I guess I was wrong. Looking forward to seeing how close you get.

Only go for the lights when your dead... Not when your alive.

-Vys

on the image where you got the closest one of the buildings looks like its a face with red eyes and fire in its mouth (like a jack o lantern type feel for the face)

on the image where you got the closest one of the buildings looks like its a face with red eyes and fire in its mouth (like a jack o lantern type feel for the face)

Good eye, honestly now that you made me look closer the town looks like it's on fire... Not that windows are shining.

-Vys

*drools with excitement*
Can we get an exact release date or are we just stuck with "late spring"...? :)

We are stuck with late spring or early summer, for a soft beta release date. But you never know If could be earlier or latter even...

-Vys

Yeah these guys are hammering out details left and right. I wouldn't be surprised if they surprised us with an earlier date. Wait, I guess that means I would be surprised. =[]

Yeah these guys are hammering out details left and right. I wouldn't be surprised if they surprised us with an earlier date. Wait, I guess that means I would be surprised. =[]

I sat here reading this for two minutes before I figured out what you wrote, and I would be surprised (but very happy) if they had an earlier open beta release. :)

All the cool stuff you can see in the background is probably my favorite part of our maps, and it's something we want to continue so you really feel like you're fighting in Etheria, not just some isolated place.

And not to spoil it, but you may have gotten closer to those lights than you think!

And not to spoil it, but you may have gotten closer to those lights than you think!

Hoo-ray forced perspective. :)