Sign in to follow this  
LaurawantsaCow

GameSpy Servers Have Shut Down

GameSpy Servers are Shutting Down

It was long before the mods came, back in the good old days where dupes were the only problem lol

Sent from a local game.

So it can either be a glitch, or someone find a way to mod something new than only lvl and items: the tavern. Maybe, maybe I'm wrong too, but I've heard recently that now modder can steal your items that your character have equiped on the moment..... I've got told to avoid playing on public game with peoples you dont know because of that.... Its so crazy that you can have passed over 300 hours on a map to farm a nice weapon/armors and get it stoled by a ****ing modders who only have to steel the hard work of some other players..... So i would'nt be surprised if they can now raise their limit of characters inside the tavern :/

Sent from the depths of my mind

So it can either be a glitch, or someone find a way to mod something new than only lvl and items: the tavern. Maybe, maybe I'm wrong too, but I've heard recently that now modder can steal your items that your character have equiped on the moment..... So i would'nt be surprised if they can now raise their limit of characters inside the tavern :/

Who knows nowadays, the game has gone to hell haha but a little hellfire can't stop me from farming aquanos lol

Sent from a local game.

Who knows nowadays, the game has gone to hell haha but a little hellfire can't stop me from farming aquanos lol

Sent from a local game.

ahahahahahahahhahahahaha :P true. I would be really an ******* if I was posting a picture of my 300^+ generic (got it on the floor during a survival run, not even by running the map with the boss xD) ultimate arronax x) So I wont x)

ahahahahahahahhahahahaha :P true. I would be really an ******* if I was posting a picture of my 300^+ generic (got it on the floor during a survival run, not even by running the map with the boss xD) ultimate arronax x) So I wont x)

Put it in the highlights haha let me know when you get a 300+ triton so I can weep tears of joy lol

Sent from a local game.

Dude, for destroying you a little bit more, if you come to the pc side, this staff that I just talked to you about will be yours :P SO COME TO THE DARK SIDE OF DD AND COME TO PC XD

I would buy the PC version if they would transfer my characters and levels over...

there are more characters on pc, just more to offer - it's almost entirely different than ps3 - this shouldn't stop you from making the switch, unless if you simply don't have the time to invest.

ahahahahahahahhahahahaha :p true. I would be really an ******* if i was posting a picture of my 300^+ generic (got it on the floor during a survival run, not even by running the map with the boss xd) ultimate arronax x) so i wont x)

sent from the depths of my mind

see....that's messed up....you pc gamers you..ahhhh!!!!....us console cats will "never" see any weapons like that....why does trendy hate us so?....:-d....but that's pretty cool you got that weapon though....

well, I'm firstly a ps3 players :P and for PC, this arronax was actually really bad x) you can get 500^+ so mine is'nt rly good :P and I'm using better staffs, so its actually in my hero shop, waiting for someone to buy it :P

there are more characters on pc, just more to offer - it's almost entirely different than ps3 - this shouldn't stop you from making the switch, unless if you simply don't have the time to invest.

I have been playing on PS3 since it came out. I am 4 trophies away from getting the Legendary Defender so I for the last two months have sat down and been playing it hard. So you can see I have a lot of time invested in a game. It is just a game of course, but I would think that if other game developers can move from gamespy so can they. From the looks of DD2 I won't be moving to that when it comes out. Just doesn't look as enjoyable to be honest.

I've had this game for a very long time and quite frankly I've never used the forums. One of my friends who told me he spends more time one forum than he does in game told me that you guys were giving us PSN players a steam code for the game? If that's true I need one. I no life this game. I'd have to kill myself without it D:.

I've been playing this game little over 2yrs...yes I will missed everyone that come in my lobby....plus all those friends I met along the way....I'll be missing you....Dungeon Defender....this is only game everyone knows me...without I am nothing just like regular playstation guy online....

Thanks, Trendy

I wish you could do one more update ...I can play for the next 2yrs....

I've had this game for a very long time and quite frankly I've never used the forums. One of my friends who told me he spends more time one forum than he does in game told me that you guys were giving us PSN players a steam code for the game? If that's true I need one. I no life this game. I'd have to kill myself without it D:.

I would love a steam code for DD i would buy it but i just dont have the money :(

This is absolutely tragic news. Our Dungeon Defenders community online is one of the greatest I've ever had the privilege of being a member of; there are no words for how much it means to me. And I've been going online for three decades (back when even a 2400 baud modem would seem like warp drive.) To see a huge part of it taken from us, with so little warning, is rough. Especially when it's the PS3 side: which has some of the most dedicated and awesome folks in the whole bunch.

And of course thanks to the restrictions of the last-gen consoles, working through a publisher, and so on: there's really nothing Trendy can do. This falls on GameSpy being gone, and unlike in the case of PC games there are no sensible workarounds. I am glad to see this means so many new players will be coming to PC, of course. But at the cost of, well, losing a part of us all. I hope to get in some great games with fellow PS3 players before our time is up. And for those coming over to Steam: there are loads of amazing forum members over there who would love to help you get started (and have a good excuse to go back and play again.) Myself included. ^_^

This is absolutely tragic news. Our Dungeon Defenders community online is one of the greatest I've ever had the privilege of being a member of; there are no words for how much it means to me. And I've been going online for three decades (back when even a 2400 baud modem would seem like warp drive.) To see a huge part of it taken from us, with so little warning, is rough. Especially when it's the PS3 side: which has some of the most dedicated and awesome folks in the whole bunch.

And of course thanks to the restrictions of the last-gen consoles, working through a publisher, and so on: there's really nothing Trendy can do. This falls on GameSpy being gone, and unlike in the case of PC games there are no sensible workarounds. I am glad to see this means so many new players will be coming to PC, of course. But at the cost of, well, losing a part of us all. I hope to get in some great games with fellow PS3 players before our time is up. And for those coming over to Steam: there are loads of amazing forum members over there who would love to help you get started (and have a good excuse to go back and play again.) Myself included. ^_^

Lol where are eagle's giveaways when we need them? :P

Thanks for the update Laura. My Thanks to all of The Trendy Team, the Event Hosts and all the Community for all the Fun 8) ! I have had sooo much Fun playing this game. Its really Sad to see it go. i will miss all the Fun that ive had , but i will miss playing online with all my friends the most. Thats what made this game the best game Ever!!! The Fun and Teamwork. I will miss all of this. Thanks For all the Great Memories! 8)

I play dungeon defenders every day on ps3 and didn't know it was shut down i am very sad it is end and also that can't play with my friend online anymore that it

Just wanna say thanks to everyone at trendy and my fellow DD hosts for ps3, was a great privilege to host for you guys I always had players thank me for hosting but really wanna say thank you to all that I got to host and play with, had a ton of fun with you guys. But every dark cloud has a silver lining, feel free to msg me on psn and add me (I do play other games lol) Infamous_Zane_89. Until next time :D

So the state of the PC version is still good then? It better be lol b/c I'm selling lab runs to a buddy of mine and want to make sure my time isn't being wasted. Sure I've played this game off an on for 2 in a half years now but the community aspect and trading is what hooked me.

So the state of the PC version is still good then? It better be lol b/c I'm selling lab runs to a buddy of mine and want to make sure my time isn't being wasted. Sure I've played this game off an on for 2 in a half years now but the community aspect and trading is what hooked me.

PC and Xbox 360 should be fine. That's what I heard.

PC and Xbox 360 should be fine. That's what I heard.

UPDATE: Unfortunately, the PlayStation 3 and non-Steam PC versions of Dungeon Defenders will no longer have multiplayer as a result of GameSpy closing as of May 31, 2014. We are contacting Sony to make sure any information about the game clearly reflects this change. The rest of the versions will continue to operate as usual. For more information, please read this article from Game Informer.

The non-steam and PS3 versions are the only affected ones.