• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about actual launch date for the game guys? Would it hurt you too much. We are losing faith out here

Speak for yourself my good sir. I look through these forums and see dozens of people saying the can't wait for the game to come out, that they are so excited, all aboard the hype train, etc. The game will be released when it is released. If you want to go yell at a company for their release dates, go yell at the makers of Watchdogs, that game *still* isn't out.

The gaming industry almost never gives a release date, and when companies do... They don't meet it. So plz don't hurry them up, I want a complete game when it releases. (and to get on the council before it releases)

-Vys

Edit:
Got to it before I did :P Dang you Vys.

Lol sry, I assure you it probably won't be the last time :p

I agree with Vys. I'd rather wait and have a good game than an early release of some broken POS game. Starwars old republic >.>

lol I was involved with some of trion world's games (alpha testing). They gave a few release dates and then missed them. The fans / online public went crazy.... Never again will they give hard release date until they are completely ready.

The backlash from missing it is too costly. I've seen a lot of other companies make the same mistake.

Now my kickstarter backed games... they give release dates and then miss them by months or a year hah :p. Backed about 15 games on there with only 1 playable so far

Exactly, the gaming industry is just to dynamic to be able to give set release dates on when games will be released. The tentative date is late spring early summer but we shall see. :)

Councillors will be getting something special when DD2 releases but so far we haven't finalized what it will be. We have a lot of ideas, some which were suggestions from the Councillors themselves.

This had only made me even more determined to get into the council. Never fear, I will be with you all soon.

Exactly, the gaming industry is just to dynamic to be able to give set release dates on when games will be released. The tentative date is late spring early summer but we shall see. :)

Here's hoping.

we dont know what the defense council gets. It could be something small like a icon next to their, or bigger like a cape for all your characters.

im not on the defense council YET...LOL...but i hope it would be something like a cape it would tell everyone i have been here since day -1..lol

I think it would be better if the gif was a opera clip. You get some DDII swag! You get some DDII swag! Everyone gets DDII swag!!!!

i completely agree i wish it was opra saying.. you win dd2 swag...and you win dd2 swag and so on and so forth..lol:huntress:

i wish i was on the defense council now...i cant stop checking my phone on Fridays and Tuesdays to see if i won the key....:huntress:

I totally understand, like I probably log onto these forums at least 6+ times a day.

-Vys

I totally understand, like I probably log onto these forums at least 6+ times a day.

-Vys

I have the forums open whenever I am in my room. :P

Mine whenever i have my tablet with me or when I'm playing gw2. which means... all the time except when I'm sleeping.

-Vys

i wish i was on the defense council now...i cant stop checking my phone on Fridays and Tuesdays to see if i won the key....:huntress:

Mine whenever i have my tablet with me or when I'm playing gw2. which means... all the time except when I'm sleeping.

-Vys

Haha this reminds me of an old song called obsession which I think suits this thread quite nicely. It's ok - I put myself under the same category.

Haha this reminds me of an old song called obsession which I think suits this thread quite nicely. It's ok - I put myself under the same category.

I just love talking with you guys about ways to improve the game as well as this already amazing community.

I just love talking with you guys about ways to improve the game as well as this already amazing community.

I would love to say I am happy to help improve and expand the game and ideas in the community without being on The Defense Council.

Then I remember after this morning I can't play again until release. * runs back to suggestion boards to add ideas!

I love it too i cant wait to buy in...

Then I remember after this morning I can't play again until release. * runs back to suggestion boards to add ideas!

You guys have your chance tomorrow I believe! :) Join our mighty brotherhood!

Wait, where who what can buy in tomorrow (as in today)?
Its kind of a shame. Wish I wouldve joined the forum in my DD1 days, but I only played with friends then, hardly online...
But ohh well. In time everyone will have their chance at playing the game, spending money on it, giving feedback etc.
As for checking the forum 20 times a day..... I feel as if I cant contribute that much yet. Goes hand in hand with being able to play the game and playing with the actual players. Must say, that from seeing the forum/community, I feel like playing online will be a nice experience (in contrast to some online communities and games (wont name any games (LoL, did it anyway)))(correct closing parentheses;).

I love it too i cant wait to buy in...

I only joined recently, but I only see Council posts, Dev posts and your posts.
Trendy, similar to Leonardos Oscar, Give this man/woman a chance to play the game :D

Haha, I'm starting to do the same. But at the same time, I wonder if the game would be more enjoyable if I didn't see any spoilers. Then on the other hand, I'd really like to help in the creation of the game.

Guess that is the right attitude. It is great to see a community that is so keen on giving feedback. I guess the free keys help, but still this place is a goldmine from a development point of view :D

Guess that is the right attitude. It is great to see a community that is so keen on giving feedback. I guess the free keys help, but still this place is a goldmine from a development point of view :D

You should see the councilor forums! If there is an aspect of the game we havent discussed in extraneous detail, I'd be surprised. You are correct though, even in these forums, the community has been absoulutly fantastic about giving as much feedback as they possbly can. It is awesome.