Kobald Catapult

Okay, so a bunch of us hated the goblin copters and their nasty ogre buddies. They were a pain in the *** to deal with, especially if you had bad luck with loot.

This got us to thinking...

Yes, getting things in behind the defenses is all well and good, but what about a unit that will break through your defenses from afar unless actively dealt with?

Enter the Kobald Catapult. Crewed by a bunch of kobalds, this sucker fires suicide kobalds at base defenses, and does it from a fair distance away. Suddenly, nearby ledges/high points are a threat zone, and you need those suckers dead. You thought you were so clever with your towers and your walls, but ze kobalds aren't so stooped. Dey gots a plan for breakin' down dem wallz. Dey just gonna 'splode squad dem walls, and prove kobalds is da best. EEEEEAAAAGGGHHH!!!

I thought of Warhammer: Age of Reckoning after I read this suggestion. Thank you for that.

I though of monty python :P feche le veche but this is truly a good idea

This is a brilliant idea.
I'd have to see it in play to figure out if it would be frustrating, but I like it a lot better, on paper, than goblin copters.

This is a brilliant idea.
I'd have to see it in play to figure out if it would be frustrating, but I like it a lot better, on paper, than goblin copters.

It's another thing that would add to the "be active during combat phase" theme you know draco?

Thanks for the suggestion! The dev team said that there's definitely space in the game for a long-range, high-damage enemy. :^)

omg this is one of the best aesthetic ideas ive heard ever. a suicide bomber hurtling through the air towards the defenses...we all know the scream of these guys just after they light the fuse....ksssssss.....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. to see one shot out of a cannon would be priceless.

Would it have it's own defense when you came to destroy it? would it stop firing and you'd have an army of angry Kobalds after you? or would it have an orc team wheeling it out which would then attack you? OR would it just depend on other mobs to defend it?

• 2 weeks later...
Haha yeah this is a great idea! would you have to destroy the catapult? or would simply killing the Kobalds using it destroy it as well. As in are they separate entities? Or one unique one?

Haha yeah this is a great idea! would you have to destroy the catapult? or would simply killing the Kobalds using it destroy it as well. As in are they separate entities? Or one unique one?

Being separate entities could be an interesting idea, especially if the catapult has so much life that it is easier to just kill Kobalds that walk by and decide to man it.

You would want to kill the catapult but before you got the chance to you had to go help defend another area, only latter to find they manned the catapult again.

-Vys