These latest patches are completely screwing up this game.

No **** Sherlock. All there is to do in this game is tank or dps.........

You haven't even completed 1/3 of the game on Insane. Please stop talking now, you are making people dumber by reading your comments.

If the devs keep making **** with thousands of enemies per wave and continue to nerf the only towers that do sufficient AoE damage to deal with those waves, we are ****ed. They are nerfing squire AoE towers, monk electricity aura still dies way to fast to maintain. Traps still require way too much maintenance and don't do enough DPS. Fireball tower AoE is a joke. Lightning tower damage is a ****ing disgrace of a joke. Sure, if they do **** like ogre crush, spike blockades and the current towers work fine. If they do **** like another halloween even where there are thousands of kobolds and other things. There is simply no way it can be done because of insufficient AoE towers.

ur such a troll my friend, also if you read dev posts u will note that they do not plan on making any more maps like Halloweens grindy style... how about we just spoon feed you all the cheeves n ****, would that make you happy?

also calm down please.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So why even have the other squier towers in the game if the developers themselves see no reason why they should be used, and only one type is worth using.

Such ****ing stupidity actually hurts to read.

they have other towers for solo play, or to mix up a build if u are missing a class or somin

At least 7.06b will fix things back up a bit. Also, those who haven't played the mobile version... my tower squire's ballista in mobile is only doing like ~400 damage or about ~600 dps on the dummy. Imagine trying to do any higher level insane with those towers!!

I do wonder though if Trendy should reset all the leaderboards. The new scores after the patches are really not comparable to the old scores. Maybe there should be a separate leaderboard for each patch?

personaly i think they should just wipe the leaderboards everytime they do this big a balance change, thats the only way to keep it somewhat fair

they have other towers for solo play, or to mix up a build if u are missing a class or somin

that wont matter if they are actualy planning on making the dps on the tower pretty trivial, he only thing you could do then is level another class and try again later.

personally I don't think 50% was too much.

I'd like to see your other classes set up towers by themselves on hard/insane mode and actually be effective.

The problem here is not the squire, but the ridiculously UNDERPOWERED Huntress, Apprentice and Monk tower builds. It's already difficult as it is, and if you're really glorified with your Hero specced squire, go ahead and solo or even 4 man large maps with 3+ crystals and don't place a turret and see how it works for you.

It's called a Tower Defense Game for a reason. They whole aspect of adding a Hero is a flavor added to make the game have some sense of pride from the character's achievement, gear, and accomplishments.

Since they nerfed the squire's towers to uselessness, then we need another tower class that can hold the barrage of these mobs coming at us at different directions with 3+ crystals to defend.

~Toadi

I'd like to see your other classes set up towers by themselves on hard/insane mode and actually be effective.

The problem here is not the squire, but the ridiculously UNDERPOWERED Huntress, Apprentice and Monk tower builds. It's already difficult as it is, and if you're really glorified with your Hero specced squire, go ahead and solo or even 4 man large maps with 3+ crystals and don't place a turret and see how it works for you.

It's called a Tower Defense Game for a reason. They whole aspect of adding a Hero is a flavor added to make the game have some sense of pride from the character's achievement, gear, and accomplishments.

Since they nerfed the squire's towers to uselessness, then we need another tower class that can hold the barrage of these mobs coming at us at different directions with 3+ crystals to defend.

~Toadi

http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?4963-Current-(7.06)-and-Upcoming-(7.06b)-Patch-Notes

damage increase and they already had their health buffed

ur such a troll my friend, also if you read dev posts u will note that they do not plan on making any more maps like Halloweens grindy style... how about we just spoon feed you all the cheeves n ****, would that make you happy?

also calm down please.

They aren't "cheeves." Are you like 12 years old or something? They are achievements. I don't care about them, I just want a challenge that is doable solo (like they said the game would be) and also doable in a group. Currently, certain Insane things are impossible solo due to time constraints and tower nerfs.

If Monk auras and/or Huntress traps required less maintenance, then the nerfing of Squire towers wouldn't be so bad. The problem is that traps and auras are the only way to prevent kobolds from wrecking your **** now that ballistas and cannonballs were nerfed. Solo, there just isn't enough player speed in the world to prevent them from going down before you can repair them.

Why all this discussion about balance? It's a tower defense game, which should be playable solo as well as co-op and multiplayer. For me, the main thing is that it's FUN.

Its that a Squire Tower with Monk auras and a Hunter behind 1 shoting everything besides Ogre solos the content. If Squire Towers cant keep a straight path clear why should i play Squire when i can play a Hunter with Pierce?

See, I don't get this. What is wrong with the statement this person made? NOTHING. this is even very necessary on the bigger maps where you do not have time to run around repairing everything. This game is a TOWER DEFENSE game... what is the point of my squire towers doing 1/10th of a mob's damage and then getting overwhelmed. The towers will break down, mobs will get past it and rape your crystal before you can get to it. Yes, this is a very fun scenario.
For the later and bigger maps, you need to be able to make some sort of defense that the mobs can't penetrate so you can focus elsewhere on the map. Currently, the only option is to play the map with 4 people so you can cover 4 entries instead of 1, but solo'ing insane maps is just no longer possible.

True, before this nerf the squire was OP, I agree with that. This nerfbat just hit too hard though. Squire towers are useless in insane, even with a bit more hp.

Besides, building a strong tower defense (OP or not OP) is fun in my experience. Now this game feels more like a hero action rpg where you can also build a few buildings to slow the enemy down. You still have to do all the hard work yourself

~Toadi

I salute you.

They aren't "cheeves." Are you like 12 years old or something? They are achievements.

what kind of a "grown man" would correct some one for saying "cheeves" its a common thing among people to say that... (e.g. "lol" "wtf"), also I am not the person who is raging all over the forums, please calm down before you get banned...

see;

http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?12742-How-to-have-a-respectful-conversation-on-any-topic

go play bonus level and try defending top as squire, you can't do it alone, which is trash. you need like a huntress top with him, which is also trash because she should be killing ogres mid and only help when ogres spawn top.

you know how bad squire is right now? they can't defend top even if u stack 4 harpoons top + 2 SnD

I don't know if you've seen some videos some have posted yet with all squire towers soloing glitterhelm..

Lifeline posted a great video guide on how to solo glitterhelm hard with just squire towers, he didn't even have to heal them, or upgrade them. Farming mana and XP, all he had to do was wait the second wave out to be done with the setup, then AFK.

I don't know if you've seen some videos some have posted yet with all squire towers soloing glitterhelm..

Lifeline posted a great video guide on how to solo glitterhelm hard with just squire towers, he didn't even have to heal them, or upgrade them. Farming mana and XP, all he had to do was wait the second wave out to be done with the setup, then AFK.

I dare you,or any other squire to do that now.

Killing the ogres with 1.5k(actually mine does only like 1.1-1.2k with maxed tower dmg,especially nice patch for us fresh 70s) ballistas/bowlers is pretty fun.

i gotta say, i dont agree with the OP at all. And that i do agree with Blyth's statement about buffing everyone else would be ridiculas.

As it stands, squires are more valuable than any other class, you would get kicked so a team could be all squires in many occasions. This "nerf" wasnt really a nerf what it was was them going back to how they orignally ment the game to be. Think of it like this:

We have 4 classes, each supposed to bringing something diffrent to the table.

Squire, Apprentance, Huntress, and Monk. Well what do they bring? What roles are they?

Squire - The Defense Class. Short range defense units with high health to hold off mobs.

Apprentance - The Offense Class. Long Range towers with high attack and low health to kill intruders.

Huntress - The Support/Range DPS Class. Traps to thin out the lanes before they get to your defenses. High attack to deal damage while waiting for traps.

Monk - The Support/Melee DPS Class. Auras to help bolister your defense further and keep mobs at bay while the apprentice towers mow down the mobs.

Ok, well we have a concept how of the clases SHOULD be, but they wernt.

Squire was topping out the DPS, the Defense, and didnt need any Support. It was a 1 Man Army. Not how a class based system was intended to work.

This Squire Change is just them getting the class back on track. Low DPS with High Defense. So you need proper team work to play the game now.

Im sorry but if your so hell bent on soloing everything on 1 broken class, go play Orcs Must Die instead. This is a team work game where everyone fills a specific role and no one steps on each others toes.

My 2 Cents.

i gotta say, i dont agree with the OP at all. And that i do agree with Blyth's statement about buffing everyone else would be ridiculas.

As it stands, squires are more valuable than any other class, you would get kicked so a team could be all squires in many occasions. This "nerf" wasnt really a nerf what it was was them going back to how they orignally ment the game to be. Think of it like this:

Squire, Apprentance, Huntress, and Monk. Well what do they bring? What roles are they?

Squire - The Defense Class. Short range defense units with high health to hold off mobs.

Apprentance - The Offense Class. Long Range towers with high attack and low health to kill intruders.

Huntress - The Support/Range DPS Class. Traps to thin out the lanes before they get to your defenses. High attack to deal damage while waiting for traps.

Monk - The Support/Melee DPS Class. Auras to help bolister your defense further and keep mobs at bay while the apprentice towers mow down the mobs.

Squire was topping out the DPS, the Defense, and didnt need any Support. It was a 1 Man Army. Not how a class based system was intended to work.

This Squire Change is just them getting the class back on track. Low DPS with High Defense. So you need proper team work to play the game now.

Im sorry but if your so hell bent on soloing everything on 1 broken class, go play Orcs Must Die instead. This is a team work game where everyone fills a specific role and no one steps on each others toes.

My 2 Cents.

This man knows that he's talking about! People, please listen to him!

Well now that the thread I created to address some of my issues has veered completely off of the intended topic, I say adieu.

Disagree with OP. The latest patches are bring the game more in line on how the game should be played.

My 2 Cents.

ill just leave this here :

If Monk auras and/or Huntress traps required less maintenance, then the nerfing of Squire towers wouldn't be so bad. The problem is that traps and auras are the only way to prevent kobolds from wrecking your **** now that ballistas and cannonballs were nerfed. Solo, there just isn't enough player speed in the world to prevent them from going down before you can repair them.

and ill add this - The game is NOT multiplayer only, this has been said about a hundred times now but it doesnt seem to be getting through.

I couldn't possibly agree more, everything this man said is true. The game was designed for co-op in mind, soloing is not the primary concern of the developers and it shouldn't be. If you wanted solo experience you all should have just played OMD as it's single player and the entire game is designed to provide as much fun for a single person as possible.

DD on the other hand is a team game, you need other people to complete the most difficult challenges and you cannot have 1 class be broken so badly that people will not allow other classes to place their towers because they're suboptimal. Like the guy said, if you want to dominate and faceroll through the entire game with a single class - just wait few more weeks, mod the statistics of your favourite character in Open and play there. Stop being such egoistic pricks, please.

and ill add this - The game is NOT multiplayer only, this has been said about a hundred times now but it doesnt seem to be getting through.

The game is NOT multiplayer only but it IS multiplayer-centric. Meaning that the co-op gameplay experience is MORE important than Squire's solo gameplay experience. This is the thing that really doesn't seem to be getting through to you people.

I couldn't possibly agree more, everything this man said is true. The game was designed for co-op in mind, soloing is not the primary concern of the developers and it shouldn't be. If you wanted solo experience you all should have just played OMD as it's single player and the entire game is designed to provide as much fun for a single person as possible.

DD on the other hand is a team game, you need other people to complete the most difficult challenges and you cannot have 1 class be broken so badly that people will not allow other classes to place their towers because they're suboptimal. Like the guy said, if you want to dominate and faceroll through the entire game with a single class - just wait few more weeks, mod the statistics of your favourite character in Open and play there. Stop being such egoistic pricks, please.

you people realy are just tunneling on the multiplayer thing arent you, speaking of egotistic pricks ;)

the game has a swap system if this game was a sole multiplayer game you wouldnt be able to swap classes mid level
no one said you should be able to solo the game with just 1 class, the fact that you can however shouldnt be as bloody shocking as it seems to you multiplayer elitists, not to mention that you dont even seem to have tried playing solo otherwise you'd know that it is nowhere near "faceroll" difficulty.

ill just leave this here :

Honestly i havent had a kobold take down my defenses before. Yeah maybe a harpoon will miss him and he gets through, but my defenses have 10-13k HP and no kobold does that much to them. Any damage they dpo, i just repair and alls well.

If people are having such issues with kobolds, throw 70 points in defnese health likee your supposed to and laugh as they blow up in vain and kill nothing.

=P

And i like maintance on traps and auras, because they are a place and forget kinda thing, its good they need to be maintained to keep the monks and huntresses busy. When im on my huntress im always running around repairing traps and defenses, and when im on my monk im holding the front line with my boosts and keeping the walls up.

Yes i know it isnt JUST a multiplayer game, you can solo, but it was always intended to be played ith a team. they just made sure it had viability for solo play as well.

But yeah, havent had issues with kobolds yet, so i dont get that one, all i can think is people dont have the points in defenses or something.

you people realy are just tunneling on the multiplayer thing arent you, speaking of egotistic pricks ;)

the game has a swap system if this game was a sole multiplayer game you wouldnt be able to swap classes mid level
no one said you should be able to solo the game with just 1 class, the fact that you can however shouldnt be as bloody shocking as it seems to you multiplayer elitists, not to mention that you dont even seem to have tried playing solo otherwise you'd know that it is nowhere near "faceroll" difficulty.

Please learn to read carefully. I didn't say the game is solely multiplayer. I said the multiplayer is obviously more important because it is how the developers intended it to be. I don't even know how to put it simpler.

• Multiplayer > Singleplayer because it's the devs decision for this game
  • If you wanted a game tailored to single player experience you should have bought OMD

i solo all the time.

I start on my squire, place walls and tower,s switch to my huntress place traps, get on my monk for an aura or 2, and then play. Never put down apprentice towers cause they were inferior. I always thought that was silly. Now its set right so ill need to put down pew pew towers and everythign will be dandy.

So yes, i solo plenty, i team plenty. I also understand the game was ment to be played with multiple classes working in conjunction. If 1 person wants to do that, then fine, if you want a team of all seperate roles then cool. None the less, you even said it, you swap classes cause you arnt supposed to do it with just 1 class alone.

I see all sides of the game and speak from plenty of exsperiance and expermentation and im not to proud to admit when somethign is broken or OP. I call it like it is.

I just quit playing today, because i was Apprentice on the beginning of the game with towers, then notice Squire was better for towers soo i change to Squire, changing and finding new armor and soo to get tower spec nice.

Now, they do lowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww damage. Thanks, cya in some days if gets close to what it was.

Please learn to read carefully. I didn't say the game is solely multiplayer. I said the multiplayer is obviously more important because it is how the developers intended it to be. I don't even know how to put it simpler.

• Multiplayer > Singleplayer because it's the devs decision for this game
  • If you wanted a single player game you should have bought OMD

i never said you said it was.

obviously multiplayer is more important, i play multiplayer too but that doesnt mean it has to go at the cost of singleplayer experience, if they didnt care about the singleplayer playerbase they wouldnt have made it so that the game could be done solo.

what realy pisses me off is that you all seem to think that playing the game solo is a breeze, which it is far from.

and lastly, whats the bloody point of the bowlingball turret and the harpoon turret if they dont deal any damage? might aswell throw them out of the game if they dont serve a purpose. after all the apprentice has the dps turrets.

i solo all the time.

I start on my squire, place walls and tower,s switch to my huntress place traps, get on my monk for an aura or 2, and then play. Never put down apprentice towers cause they were inferior. I always thought that was silly. Now its set right so ill need to put down pew pew towers and everythign will be dandy.

So yes, i solo plenty, i team plenty. I also understand the game was ment to be played with multiple classes working in conjunction. If 1 person wants to do that, then fine, if you want a team of all seperate roles then cool. None the less, you even said it, you swap classes cause you arnt supposed to do it with just 1 class alone.

I see all sides of the game and speak from plenty of exsperiance and expermentation and im not to proud to admit when somethign is broken or OP. I call it like it is.

finaly an arguement that doesnt read like an elitist rant about how the game should only be teambased, thank you.

the only thing ive been trying to argue is that you put too little value in solo play and too much in multiplay, i never disagreed that the squire needed a nerf, all i said was that it was too much.