These latest patches are completely screwing up this game.

I did read the post and I saw no reason to acknowledge it. No one likes a troll, please take your "usefully" post somewhere that will be appreciated. The point of starting this thread was to get my opinion out there and to here the feedback from others and hopefully a Dev, not to argue with someone over an irrelevant topic.

It is relevant to the topic because its talking about how patching different classes would effect the game balance, I quote your topic title "these latest patches are completely screwing up this game."

I don't see how I am trolling...

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I just dont get why they have to nerf the squire by so much, anyone with any sense would think about the whole "A squire can solo anything wah wah" and realize that any decent player would put the squire towers down and swap to a high dps character, like in my case my huntress, allowing me to solo a lot of stuff

Frankly making one character pretty much useless is not the way forward, being a bit more creative on the other hand, is.

It is relevant to the topic because its talking about how patching different classes would effect the game balance, I quote your topic title "these latest patches are completely screwing up this game."

I don't see how I am trolling...

It would be relevant if I was talking about the broad range of changes, but I have specifically pointed out which parts of these patches I do not agree with. If anything I think parts of other classes should be nerfed not buffed. But again that is not what this topic was made to discuss.

Stop fiddling around with the squire and start buffing the other characters instead?

God I'm happy that they didn't do this! The game is fun and challenging on non-Squires (first time beating the game was a App+Monk combo and we had TONS of fun). The old Squire made the 90% of the maps a complete faceroll, which really isn't fun for anyone.

Trendy did the right thing and it was about time they brought Squires down to a level that suits the game.

They should test their patches before launching them. Helps avoiding overnerfing and wrong changes.

I'm pretty sure they do test them, but they are a small team and can only test so much. Its not until you release it to the masses that you find out problems/bugs/etc

God I'm happy that they didn't do this! The game is fun and challenging on non-Squires (first time beating the game was a App+Monk combo and we had TONS of fun). The old Squire made the 90% of the maps a complete faceroll, which really isn't fun for anyone.

Trendy did the right thing and it was about time they brought Squires down to a level that suits the game.

Thank you, some one who talks sense.

It would be relevant if I was talking about the broad range of changes, but I have specifically pointed out which parts of these patches I do not agree with. If anything I think parts of other classes should be nerfed not buffed. But again that is not what this topic was made to discuss.

Okay, cool man :)

TL:DR all post, but all I see:
Q_Q my squire will be balance when 7.06b hits, whine whine.
Squire is NOT supposed to be better than the other ones, in fac NONE of the class should triumph the other 3. UNDERSTAND THAT.

Squire is NOT supposed to be better than the other ones. UNDERSTAND THAT.

your point is valid.

I'm pretty sure they do test them, but they are a small team and can only test so much. Its not until you release it to the masses that you find out problems/bugs/etc
if they had tested them they would have known a 50% nerf was waaaaaaaaaay too much, anyone could have seen that coming.

if they had tested them they would have known a 50% was waaaaaaaaaay too much, anyone could have seen that coming.

personally I don't think 50% was too much.

I solo'd this game with my app the first time so this isn't about any easy win by making squire OP, this about making squire irrelevant by making him weaker then he should be. And Tess the original game before any patches the squire was rediculously OP. But I stated on the first thread that I was fine with the fact that they nerfed the squire a couple of times.

Squire is NOT supposed to be better than the other ones, in fac NONE of the class should triumph the other 3. UNDERSTAND THAT.

Which is good. However their current position in the game is plain ridiculous. 7.06b will fix it.

deep seated hatred for the squire class perhaps? ;)

I do have a hate for the squire, yes. But I also feel that, (from a multi player standpoint anyway) it forces them to play how they were originally designed to. Build beefy blockades while the :apprentice: builds DPS towers behind them and the :huntress: places traps to thin the heard. (obv :monk: uses support auras:P)

its not no, but saying a single squire can sol anything is also plain bull****, as ive stated in a previous post, anyone with any sense doesnt use just one character on a level and will use a combination of towers, not just the squire ones.

I understand that, no understand this. This thread is not complaing that squire isn't easy anymore. The thread is stating that the squire can no longer be useful on a solo game. I see that you and mngoblythe have teamed up in your trolling.

I do have a hate for the squire, yes. But I also feel that, (from a multi player standpoint anyway) it forces them to play how they were originally designed to. Build beefy blockades while the :apprentice: builds DPS towers behind them and the :huntress: places traps to thin the heard. (obv :monk: uses support auras:P)

i see your point, yet the game wasnt designed with just multiplayer in mind, and seeing as the squire doesnt just make beefy blockades, it doesnt seem fair to just completely destroy their damage output.

I understand that, no understand this. This thread is not complaing that squire isn't easy anymore. The thread is stating that the squire can no longer be useful on a solo game. I see that you and mngoblythe have teamed up in your trolling.

It's not trolling, I understand your point pyro, but it is other people posting who we are replying to. You have a valid point but others do not.

This game was not originally made for "just" multiplayer, your lack of understanding on relevance is fascinating.

go play bonus level and try defending top as squire, you can't do it alone, which is trash. you need like a huntress top with him, which is also trash because she should be killing ogres mid and only help when ogres spawn top.

you know how bad squire is right now? they can't defend top even if u stack 4 harpoons top + 2 SnD

This game was not originally made for "just" multiplayer, your lack of understanding on relevance is fascinating.

it was made with multi player in mind as about 80%+ of the game tbh.

Edit: remember you can switch characters, helpful in single player when you need different trap types, that's why the function is there

Edit edit: That post was relevant because it was a response to some one talking about the subject