These latest patches are completely screwing up this game.

In the it beginning was ok, like when you guys put out helpful patches to actually fix a problem like apprentice tower speed, and maybe nerfing the squire that first time was ok. But now you are taking away making the infinite build time not "infinite" on survival and making it so that my squire does 1/5 of the damage he originally did, his DU has less attack speed and quite frankly hes useless on anything above medium.

Survival on any difficulty is way to long and redundant and a player should not have to sit through 9-30 hours of gameplay just to get a giraffe. If a character can afk survival (after these patches not likely)... then let it! There is absolutely no good reason for this change to the game and I wonder why it was made at all.

The nerfing to the squire is getting quite rediculous, and I know you're coming out with a patch to Change it from 50% reduction to 33%... which is all fine and dandy except for the fact that that is 33% down from our already nerfed attributes. To me this is getting to be unexceptable, not only on the standpoint of changing all strategy anyone had but also the leaderboards that were made with the originally powerful squire. There was no reason to nerf even more after 7.05c.

I have been a hardcore fan of this game since it came out last year on my ipad, But the game that is on my pc has been completely slaughtered of gameplay value for two of my characters and now they couldn't solo half of the things i could before.

It's your game, so do what you will with it. But please take into consideration that these patches have been more detrimental to your customers gameplay then helpful.

Those are my two cents, if you don't agree with me that's ok, but i had to rant because I had been quite up until this point.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So wait until the source is released and make a mod for local where you can solo four-man content with one Squire again.

This game was also made for solo play, where you had to run around a repair defenses and occasionally kill an ogre before it raped your defenses. It seems that you just joined this forum and never got to enjoy the original game (assuming). And if i wanted to play on an open server I wouldn't have payed for this game in the first place. Thanks for the sarcasm, it was duly noted :apprentice:

Squire is still strong enough, and will be quite fine after 06b.
And by the way, this game was never tailored specifically for solo play. It's good enough that you still can solo handle most of the things, even on insane.

Also pretty much all of the squire towers are made to be lower dps than the APP towers but with much higher health.

In the it beginning was ok, like when you guys put out helpful patches to actually fix a problem like apprentice tower speed, and maybe nerfing the squire that first time was ok. But now you are taking away making the infinite build time not "infinite" on survival and making it so that my squire does 1/5 of the damage he originally did, his DU has less attack speed and quite frankly hes useless on anything above medium.

Survival on any difficulty is way to long and redundant and a player should not have to sit through 9-30 hours of gameplay just to get a giraffe. If a character can afk survival (after these patches not likely)... then let it! There is absolutely no good reason for this change to the game and I wonder why it was made at all.

The nerfing to the squire is getting quite rediculous, and I know you're coming out with a patch to Change it from 50% reduction to 33%... which is all fine and dandy except for the fact that that is 33% down from our already nerfed attributes. To me this is getting to be unexceptable, not only on the standpoint of changing all strategy anyone had but also the leaderboards that were made with the originally powerful squire. There was no reason to nerf even more after 7.05c.

I have been a hardcore fan of this game since it came out last year on my ipad, But the game that is on my pc has been completely slaughtered of gameplay value for two of my characters and now they couldn't solo half of the things i could before.

It's your game, so do what you will with it. But please take into consideration that these patches have been more detrimental to your customers gameplay then helpful.

Those are my two cents, if you don't agree with me that's ok, but i had to rant because I had been quite up until this point.

I actually do agree with you strongly on this point mate.
Stop fiddling around with the squire and start buffing the other characters instead?
And for the person thinking you can solo everything on a squire only, have you ever tried insane?
People need to stop thinking this game is it tbe played with four different characters when in fact there is ONE character spread out over 4 smaller ones with varying options and perks.
There IS a reason why you can change character in between the waves.
The game has been out for a week or so, please don't listen to the people screaming about nerfs to the left and right...
I have so far spent over 100 hours in this game and so has most of the people on my steam list, and there is most definitely a reason as to why we have.
The game is fun.
Don't destroy it by listening to kids that haven't even grasped the concept of switching characters etcetera...

Sincerely Mikael, Jonas, Oscar, Stefan and Rene.

And by the way, this game was never tailored specifically for solo play. It's good enough that you still can solo handle most of the things, even on insane.

1) It has solo play, it just gets increased difficulty if you play with more people. Therefore, it should still be doable to play the entire game as solo. I play with 2 friends often, but when they are not online I can't do anymore insane games? That's rubbish
2) Squire will not be fine after 06b. patch notes say "Increased Squire Tower DPS by 30% from 7.06". 7.06 nerfed dmg by 60%, leaving 40%. When you buff the 7.06 damage with 30%, you get a percentrage of 52% reduction from pre-7.06. (100*0,6=0,4 and then 0,4*1,3=0,52)

So instead of a 60% reduction, we now get 52% reduction from pre-7.06. Squire towers can't defend a lane on insane anymore when they do 1500 damage per 0,9s and the mobs have 8-10k hp :/

I agree with the OP, this game was fun before. Insane was still quite hard, some lvls harder than others ofcourse. Challenges were a fun change, even on insane. Now challenges suck so hard I don't enjoy them anymore. If you ask me, insane challenges were made around lvl 70 chars with good and upgraded gear. Now these challenges are too hard for the average person to complete them even in superb gear because towers will get raped.

Oh please note, that I have made a squire and huntress to solo games. Is this game really going to be designed that in order to solo stuff on insane you need all 4 classes on 70? What about the time constraints when switching characters and those awfully slow menu's :/

1) It has solo play, it just gets increased difficulty if you play with more people. Therefore, it should still be doable to play the entire game as solo. I play with 2 friends often, but when they are not online I can't do anymore insane games? That's rubbish

You can. Nothing prevents you, really. Just swap a bit and time your moves well (although a time limits revamp for solo insane is being discussed in another thread).

2) Squire will not be fine after 06b. patch notes say "Increased Squire Tower DPS by 30% from 7.06". 7.06 nerfed dmg by 60%, leaving 40%. When you buff the 7.06 damage with 30%, you get a percentrage of 52% reduction from pre-7.06. (100*0,6=0,4 and then 0,4*1,3=0,52)

I strongly suggest that you should not discuss exact numbers on a patch that's NOT YET OUT. Period.

Stop fiddling around with the squire and start buffing the other characters instead?
And for the person thinking you can solo everything on a squire only, have you ever tried insane?
People need to stop thinking this game is it tbe played with four different characters when in fact there is ONE character spread out over 4 smaller ones with varying options and perks.
There IS a reason why you can change character in between the waves.
The game has been out for a week or so, please don't listen to the people screaming about nerfs to the left and right...
I have so far spent over 100 hours in this game and so has most of the people on my steam list, and there is most definitely a reason as to why we have.
The game is fun.
Don't destroy it by listening to kids that haven't even grasped the concept of switching characters etcetera...

Sincerely Mikael, Jonas, Oscar, Stefan and Rene.
well said mate!

Those reach lvl 70 all doing solo in private. There is no reason to play with other low lvl since you'll just end up getting on our squire and doing all the work, unless there are already a squire/App that build up their defense and here is the bad news, you get nothing in return for helping them upgrade or repair since those build their towers will mostly get the kill exp and you don't.

This game was fun at the beginning where you're still learning but once you get higher, its a solo game.

And aside from the negatives, i'm also glad the dev raise the level cap. They probably knew what we're going through.

One thing i hate and that's STOP FIXING THINGs THAT AREN'T BROKEN TRENDY!

All my freaking assigned keys are set to default and now we have 2 buttons (click cystal and looting item) my god..

So instead of a 60% reduction, we now get 52% reduction from pre-7.06. Squire towers can't defend a lane on insane anymore when they do 1500 damage per 0,9s and the mobs have 8-10k hp :/

I agree with the OP, this game was fun before. Insane was still quite hard, some lvls harder than others ofcourse. Challenges were a fun change, even on insane. Now challenges suck so hard I don't enjoy them anymore. If you ask me, insane challenges were made around lvl 70 chars with good and upgraded gear. Now these challenges are too hard for the average person to complete them even in superb gear because towers will get raped.

Oh please note, that I have made a squire and huntress to solo games. Is this game really going to be designed that in order to solo stuff on insane you need all 4 classes on 70? What about the time constraints when switching characters and those awfully slow menu's :/

i agree with you my friend. game just isn't the same as before and now it's taking away the "fun" factor we once had

This game was tailored for solo and team play, I got this game with the the hopes of it being like its mobile predecessor. You can't always find a good team mate online and I enjoy playing in private by myself occasionally.

Agree to this thread 100%. I just bought the game a week ago. Had alot of fun. Now i think i've wasted my time. Spent hours getting my squire up. Sigh now it's prob the worst lvl 70 char

Don't you just hate people who are like "dont nerf squire, buff the other classes"... There is a reason this WOULD NOT work...

Squires have too much damage so they can solo content they should not be able to.

Thus, if the other classes were buffed, then everyone would be able to solo everything and then challenges would not be challenging and insane would be easy.

Nerf squires, don't buff every one else.

Don't you just hate people who are like "dont nerf squire, buff the other classes"... There is a reason this WOULD NOT work...

Squires have too much damage so they can solo content they should not be able to.

Thus, if the other classes were buffed, then everyone would be able to solo everything and then challenges would not be challenging and insane would be easy.

Never once did I mention buff everyone else in my thread, every class should be able to solo content, excluding some challenges. Not easily solo it keep in mind, this game was made on mobile and that is the game I fell in love with. Every class could solo everything with the right gear and determination. With these new patches that is not the case. Please don't post on a thread with the thought that your opinion is worth more then anyone else's. Because in the end all of this is ultimately opinions.

Its not like Squire alone solo to much content.

Its that a Squire Tower with Monk auras and a Hunter behind 1 shoting everything besides Ogre solos the content. If Squire Towers cant keep a straight path clear why should i play Squire when i can play a Hunter with Pierce?

Yeah right, squires doing too much dmg. What about dps huntress with piercing shots... I have seen huntresses do over the top dmg with that. Yet you complain about squires being able to solo anything, which they can't.

Yeah right, squires doing too much dmg. What about dps huntress with piercing shots... I have seen huntresses do over the top dmg with that. Yet you complain about squires being able to solo anything, which they can't.

Yes, piercing shot is still OP atm. IMO it should have a longer CD.

Also, Squires are not able to solo anything now because of the recent nerfs.

I never said you did.

Then why post something with no relevance to the thread? It helps nothing regarding the discussion on the actual topic.

So you aren't liking your new permanent high scores?

No one is going to sit around for 30 hours with a squire doing 70% less damage to beat them, therefore all Easy and Medium high scores are now permanent.

Then why post something with no relevance to the thread? It helps nothing regarding the discussion on the actual topic.

That is why.

That is why.

Then do what you just do and say something with a quote, if not then it is assumed that you are replying to the thread, not the one person in the thread.

Then do what you just do and say something with a quote, if not then it is assumed that you are replying to the thread, not the one person in the thread.

1. it was a general point, directed at anyone who comes under its requirement

2. It your thread, why don't you read the posts on it, because then you would know some one did say to buff other classes and keep squire the same.

1. it was a general point, directed at anyone who comes under its requirement

2. It your thread, why don't you read the posts on it, because then you would know some one did say to buff other classes and keep squire the same.

I did read the post and I saw no reason to acknowledge it. No one likes a troll, please take your "usefull" posts somewhere that will be appreciated. The point of starting this thread was to get my opinion out there and to here the feedback from others and hopefully a Dev, not to argue with someone over an irrelevant topic.