Sign in to follow this  
LaurawantsaCow

Get to know your Trendy dev

What are the chances that one of them would rip down the partition for the urinal in the men's restroom?

I'm coming up with 32.33, repeating of course, percentage of survival.

I'm coming up with 32.33, repeating of course, percentage of survival.

It would be a lot higher if you'd put points into dexterity. I've told you this, I don't even know how many times, but you keep putting them in intelligence. Maybe you should point a few in wisdom too, eh?

I have a question.... If two employees where to... let's say... dye their hair purple... What are the chances that one of them would rip down the partition for the urinal in the men's restroom?

0%. We no longer have urinals.

Follow up questions... How much does the staff actually play their own game, outside of QA that is? Kind of like how many actors don't watch their own movies?

Considering that every day at PAX I had to kick Trendy employees off of the DD2 kiosks after show floor closed so we could clean up....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]518[/ATTACH]

3rd question... what are your feelings on the most recent episode of GoT? Do you think they should have done the royal wedding so early in the season?

Why did they air it during PAX!!! Also, according to instagram my projector screen is bigger than Jofferry's, so yay.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]519[/ATTACH]

Second of all... will DunDef 2 have kewl easter eggs and unlockable non-game stuff, like the secret room in the Tavern?

If it does, this time you're gonna have to find 'em.

To finalize my stream of consciousness onslaught and because I'm so smart... if you guys have a hub in this game (again like the tavern) you should make it customization. I want to be able to purchase "Skins" for my tavern. Like... have a space tavern that looks like the inside of the planet express ship... or a Beach Tavern that has me on a small island with a beach and a shack. The tavern was a great communal spot in the old game and even back on First and Second Wave. People would spend a lot of time arranging all their sweet loot on the floor to show it off. I want to take that a step further and really make that baby customizable.

"Dude, I PUGed into a game and the host had the Space Tavern!!! That's a legendary tavern... it costs like $15.00!!! It even had low gravity so you could jump around!!!" - Quote from user OgreBearLOVE from the year 2015 after the release of the Legendary Danford Space Tavern.

...does that mean we also sell te... I mean root beer sunrises you can buy for friends in the Danford Beach Tavern?

Follow up questions... How much does the staff actually play their own game, outside of QA that is? Kind of like how many actors don't watch their own movies?

I don't know about all of trendy, but I have personally played with Lord Planadroit and Lady Laura, as well as 3 other members of Trendy whose names escape me.

I have actually played a ton of DD1, but not very much of DD2 yet. I keep meaning to fix that...but I'm involved in more than one project, work a lot of hours, have a family at home with young kids, and a bad addiction to my 3DS, ESO, Path of Exile and Diablo 3 currently.

I have actually played a ton of DD1, but not very much of DD2 yet. I keep meaning to fix that...but I'm involved in more than one project, work a lot of hours, have a family at home with young kids, and a bad addiction to my 3DS, ESO, Path of Exile and Diablo 3 currently.

No excuse!!! Young kids can help test DD2, there ARE NO OTHER ADDICTIONS than DD2 and......
If you need help cranking up your DD2 hours, im sure I can find someone to play on your account :D (GL HF with Family)

I don't know about all of trendy, but I have personally played with Lord Planadroit and Lady Laura, as well as 3 other members of Trendy whose names escape me.

Played with Iamisom this Easter weekend.

-Vys

Played with Iamisom this Easter weekend.

-Vys

I actually have yet to do that. He owes me a play session though, him and Lady Niugget still owe me one. :P

I actually have yet to do that. He owes me a play session though, him and Lady Niugget still owe me one. :P

I do! Next play session we'll beat the crap out of some goblins. Wuddyasay?

Sounds like a great plan! :) You know where to find me.

Sounds like a great plan! :) You know where to find me.

I am going to stalk you both, ig and out of game.

-Vys

We shall conquer the world in the next playtest! Everyone shall bow down before our might.

We shall conquer the world in the next playtest! Everyone shall bow down before our might.

Beware, I'm holding you to this.

Any ideas on what you will do once you own the world? Anything we should prepare for? Will there be Bacon in the new world?

Any ideas on what you will do once you own the world? Anything we should prepare for? Will there be Bacon in the new world?

There better be bacon!

Anyway I still want to hear from a concept artist on Trendy's team.

-Vys

I would LOVE to hear from someone who would know if/when moonbase is going to be brought on to the ranked servers of dd1

i would love to hear from someone who would know if/when moonbase is going to be brought on to the ranked servers of dd1

this ^^^^^^

I don't think I saw it in here, so I SUMMON LEVEL DESIGNERS

Where do you get your inspiration for the levels? Out of almost every game I play, DD still has the best levels IMO. Can't wait to see the all of the DD2 levels.

I don't think I saw it in here, so I SUMMON LEVEL DESIGNERS

Where do you get your inspiration for the levels? Out of almost every game I play, DD still has the best levels IMO. Can't wait to see the all of the DD2 levels.

Level Designer Esorath reporting for duty.

"Inspiration on the side of Level Design as a whole"

I grew up building with legos in a giant box where I would just build out buildings and ships and castles. Then I took a strong interest in architecture. The way buildings are laid out, the structures and geometry of buildings really intrigued me. This really played well into creating believable spaces. Combine architecture and my love of games and you end up with level design.

"Inspiration on the Dungeon Defenders 2 side"

When creating a map for DD2, I usually start with the art sketches of what the area looks like. The next step is to make sure it is really fun to navigate around the map as a player. Since the thing you do the most is run around a map, that needs to be really fun to do.

So my inspiration as a rounded out item: Believable Spaces that are really fun for the player to navigate around.

Instead of really knowing a Trendy Dev, I would like to know, what type if coding language do you guys use to code DD,DDE and DD2?
I am currently learning Java and I am planning on going into Computer Programming because coding is fun <3

Instead of really knowing a Trendy Dev, I would like to know, what type if coding language do you guys use to code DD,DDE and DD2?
I am currently learning Java and I am planning on going into Computer Programming because coding is fun <3

The game's made using Unreal Engine, you can tell because the files are compiled with the extension *.c Since it's Unreal, I'm pretty sure it's done in C++.

Can I summon the Playverse guys? I'm wondering how long Playverse has been in development. Haven't really seen anything on PV yet.

While the playverse guy is still being summoned. I'm busy finding a ritual for the Magical-Marketing-(wo)Man.

I'm wondering how you are planning to make DD2 known to a greater variety of minions further along the development stages.