Last Call: Making Additional Changes to DD1

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just think of something, not sure this have been mentioned before, vut maybe it would be great to make more obvious the fact that you can add more than 12 items in a trade, or maybe just allow it to add more than 12 without having to drag items in the trading widows and make the number of pages with an arrow or smth like that/
Would be a usefull feature :)

Not really a gamebreaker, but a big feature in sake of modding: Please activate the DLLBind-feature in the DDDK if possible.

No! It is a carte blanche to indiscriminately cheat and hack, as in malware/spyware on other peoples computers. The 'feature' should be called pandoras box of native code smuggling.

No! It is a carte blanche to indiscriminately cheat and hack, as in malware/spyware on other peoples computers. The 'feature' should be called pandoras box of native code smuggling.

I'm well aware that it could be used for some malicious stuff, but I was thinking of a way to be able to save/load tower placements and stats from/to a file. AFAIK there's not an easy way (if any way at all) to do that from unrealscript. Someone prove me wrong, please. :)

Minimap
Adding a feature to hide everything (myth and lower quality stuff, towers, upgrade level icons) on the minimap except trans, sup and ult stuff. For example STRG+H as hotkey.

Quick suggestion In someone ability's E.G Wheel of fortuna Putting points into Doesnt actualy chaange anything maybe it could Make the wheel go slower or reduse the cool down...

EDIT: Instead of just using a bf drill How about You make The defenses possible to kill ^^

Quick suggestion In someone ability's E.G Wheel of fortuna Putting points into Doesnt actualy chaange anything maybe it could Make the wheel go slower or reduse the cool down...

EDIT: Instead of just using a bf drill How about You make The defenses possible to kill ^^

Putting points in every single ability in the game does something,(except for move tower AFAIK) for WOF it scales the percentages. So with 600p in WOF your %kill rolls will kill 10% of the mobs while a 2.5kp in WOF will kill 30% of the mobs. Its actually very usefull to have a jester with high ab2 for speedrunning, spamming the map with proxies and having 2 peeps with decend ab2 run the dmg all command can clear maps very fast.

And is that last thinggy about lab assualt?, because the defenses die fairly easily, a barb can kill all towers with about 1 or 2 hawks and a jester can heal everything to keep the players alive. the Bf-drill solution wasnt out there in the start. We were soloing lab assualt already before that was a thing, doing it with a team was fairly easy with jester heals.
I do want to remind you that it's the very last map in DD, so its supposed to be hard.
it was never intended to be playable for 3k stats. It was made for teams of 5k stats, it's just that the bf solution kinda broke that idea.

Also the old fashioned way to kill the Series EV with pure DPS is possible. You just need experience to beat it either as team or solo. The thing why Lab Assault is so common is because it can be done so easily if you want. You can always do the old fashioned way.

I did read most of the replies here and i agree with a lot of them BUT PLEASE, let us skip boss cutscenes... I know it's not that long but since you did it for WW please do it for other maps too.

I did read most of the replies here and i agree with a lot of them BUT PLEASE, let us skip boss cutscenes... I know it's not that long but since you did it for WW please do it for other maps too.
I think WW is a bug but I agree, make those cutscenes skipable, also the counter to them. Makes no sense to wait on Silent Night for almost 50 seconds just because the counter is that high. So yes please, if everyone is ready skip right to the point the boss is appearing :)

Also please fix the "disable the ennemy spawn notification" option, it just doesn't work for some maps, my screen keeps getting flooded by "AN OGRE AS ARRIVED" and it's really annoying. I understand it's important when you play on easy or normal to know an ogre as arrived. But when doing NM survival and getting over XXX amount of Ogers WE KNOW that they are coming, we don't need the spam.

You know what would be nice? Being able to map "leave game" to a button.

Player 2 could press like Select or Right Analog stick to just leave the game.

that would be awesome.

With about a week of experience in DD, I would like to request some stat changes to make some things more viable, and others a bit less of an obvious choice.

Apprentice: Lower attack rate of magic missile and fireball towers by 30%, increase damage by 50-100%, allow lightning tower to benefit from tower attack rate, perhaps consider piercing on deadly striker tower.
*Increase HP in NM by 50%, for both Apprentice and Adept
*Mana Bomb should benefit from weapon damage as well as skill damage, the skill has 45s cd and hits for practically nothing on nightmare, despite looking incredibly badass.

Squire: Lower attack rate of bowling ball turret by 20%, increase damage by 30-50%, increase health of spike blockade by 1000%, Bouncer blockade by 500%, and slice and dice by 300%(all on NM ONLY), increase bouncer damage by 30%, increase slice and dice damage by 100% and allow it to benefit from tower rate(not just wind up time), slice and dice is one of the most useless towers end game, which is a pity considering how freaking cool it is. May want to balance out harpoon turrets, large range, dmg and attack rate, it's without a doubt one of the best turrets and seems OP, not sure how to fix that however.
*Shields resistance counts seperately from armor, capping at 5%(Allowing a total of 95% resist to a type, the Squire wears plate, and looks like a tank, why is he not a tank? Let's fix that!)
Perhaps increase squire base movement speed by 20%(does not scale with blood rage)

Monk: Lower chance of enrage aura to cap at 30%, and have 30% of all mobs(Including ogres/djinn/spiders/etc) essentially become hostile towards and draw the attention of enemy mobs. This aura is like.. that one useless defense that monks have but never use. Cap ensnare aura at 25% instead of 15%.
*May want to consider nerfing Hero Boost dmg boost by 20-30% it seems a little OP to me in the higher levels

Huntress: Darkness trap is the 2nd most useless trap, while its effect sounds amazing it's actually quite weak and I've never found an actual use for it, perhaps consider "blinding" enemies inside darkness, they may walk out of darkness the wrong direction, or attack the wrong person inside, in addition to losing elemental effects. Ethereal spike.. for me does about 50% more damage at the cost of hitting only one or two mobs, I suggest increasing damage by 300-500%, ideally a way to have it "smartcast" and trigger for certain mobs(weight trigger!) but I feel as though the dmg increase is needed, the trap is a bit of a joke as it is.
*Invisibility could use higher mana cost ramping, I've been able to stay invis for entire waves easily, where as my squire can barely rage for 30-40s.
*Consider increasing piercing shot/spreadshot damage by 30-40% or reducing CD by 2s or so
*Increase hp by 10-20%

Series: Readjust tower buff beam, have lower base stats and scale better(the difference between 1k dmg and 5k dmg isn't even remotely noticeable compared to those same stats on say, a summoner) I suggest increasing DU cost for reflection beams by 1, there's a heavy reliance on both those and tower buff beams that is somewhat offputting.
*Increase holographic dmg by 300% or so
*Increase proton beam damage by 30% or so

Jester: I don't see anything noteable about their presents that needs changing, it's unreliable and occasionally badass, like it should be.
*Reduce their HP by about 30%, having the most movement speed, able to use any weapon(usually 2 ranged weapons because nobody likes melee) AND the most ranged HP seems brokenly OP to me, making them by far an unfairly obvious choice for dps which is extremely annoying as a new player.
*And/or reduce movement speed by 15-20%, fastest movement speed and most health out of any of the ranged characters.. plsno
*Remove slow time from wheel, or add in speed up, having only slow in there is annoying.

Summoner: Reduce DU cost of ogre to 10 and spider to 3. Increase HP of Ogre by 100%(it's a freaking ogre why does it have like 900k hp at 3 star?) Perhaps give minions an elemental effect at 3 stars(they are mobs, sort of, would be neat) Increase damage of warrior by 100% and hp by 50%, even then it may not be desireable, it's the most "unwanted" defense of the summoner class.
*Summoner can phase shift and his skin is practically glass(crystal, close enough), reduce HP by 50% imo

_____

Increase HP of spawned ogres in NM by 50% and reduce HP of copter ogres by 50%, it never made any sense to me to have ogres with 40m hp and 8m in the same wave, and have the 8m walk up and knock on my door while the 40m gets air dropped on my front door. Seriously, what's up with that?

Increase score(exp) gain of some of the less desireable maps, such as monster fests, sky of love(Whoever created that challenge. I hate you)

Redo the campaign maps loot systems/exp, at least for high waves of survival on NM. The campaign maps are some of my favorite maps and I have the most fun on those, but literally 25 waves on NMHC ramparts is inferior to wave 14 of kings game on the same difficulty. I know that campaign maps are "old school" but an option to ramp them up to the level of "current tier" maps would be great, I would love to run ramparts competitively and have it actually be rewarding, because the fun dies quickly when you realize that you're getting nothing but trash at the final wave on the highest difficulty setting. Perhaps ramp up the loot tables for higher waves to work in conjunction with endless survival, if I'm still getting nothing but trash at wave 50 on ramparts I'm going to send you a very strongly worded letter asking you to fix it.

Once again: A final difficulty mode, after nightmare. I said this earlier in the thread and my desire for it has only gotten stronger, Apocalypse mode, 5x as hard as NM for 2.5x the loot(don't give me that look, you know you want it) will NM still be more efficient? Maybe, will you do it anyways? Probably.

I personally miss the oldschool builds I had to do on xbox, with the blockades, the mage towers(that didn't suck) the huntress dps, the str drain auras because ogres eat my blockades even with 500 in HP(which was lot back then :C), perhaps make those a bit more.. needed in the new difficulty mode you probably won't put in?

Plenty of other ideas for improvement/cool stuff, but I know it won't fit or be reasonable for a last update, so I'll save it for DD2, which I must play before I offer suggestions.

Answering your question about the ogre drops.

If you destroy the copter they lose a considerable amount of hp when the ogre lands, something like half their hp gone already. The Idea was to make yet another mob you'd have to attack differently than the regular cascade of mobs charging at you. Shoot down the copter before it drops an ogre, and you effectively have another regular ogre to fight. If you don't prioritise the copters, then you have to fight ogres with double hp = Your own fault.

Also regarding the suggestions about buffing towers, most of them are already OP. You say having a bigger scale margin for buff beams? That would just make maps a cake walk, really no need in increasing that. A tanky squire, and a more hp oriented mage would be nice, but thats what the jester is for. If you're set on apprentice gameplay, get the ult skin, it beefs it up by quite a lot.

Also, the jester isn't as OP as you make it out. It has no spike damage like hawk or piercing shot like the other classes, as well as it having a % reduction in dmg. Give a blaster to an equal stat orientated huntress and you do a lot more dmg. Jester also has no ult skin, so option to buff hp or dmg, without having high stats. So although it has highest movement speed, highest cast rate and a butt load of hp, its damage output is low, and unless you can wheel successfully then you could use a huntress to the same effect. Jester also isn't a boss slayer, a pretty useless builder, and you have to pay for it.

I do agree it is arguably, the only character you need in waves and it CAN be super op with event items and stats but, its not be all end all.

But who cares, theres no right way to play the game.
Have fun! :3

Not sure if this has been touched upon yet, but I would really like to see the spawn delays tweaked.

Many maps (KG, Aquanos, Karathiki, to name a few) take several minutes at the end of each wave for ogres to spawn. These few minutes pile up and after 30 or so rounds of survival a LOT of time is wasted waiting on ogres. Spawn delays also make campaign maps take longer than they should (specifically KG and karathiki). If there is any way you guys could at the very least decrease the time it takes for end-wave ogres to spawn, maps would take a significantly shorter amount of time to complete, allowing players to run these maps more frequently without getting bored to death from the waiting.

I think its because our stats kill the mobs to fast, and ogres are timed assuming there are still mobs left alive, which there isn't.

I guess if a new difficulty is made, this would probably something they'd have to add then.

It sucks but if they make the ogres spawn too fast then the lesser players would probably get overwhelmed. : (

-stop akatiti copters getting stuck somehow

-make a fastest time high score list. I used to be against this idea because it'd be dominated by hacker central, but at least I can compete with my friends on my FL.

-make Ult / ult+ / ult++ items more visible in your box. now that so many people do lab and you get 36 items per run, it would elp if you could like put a box or border on ult items or something so they were more visible.

-make eggs moveable in some way to so i can make nice displays in my tavern

Not sure if this has been touched upon yet, but I would really like to see the spawn delays tweaked.

Many maps (KG, Aquanos, Karathiki, to name a few) take several minutes at the end of each wave for ogres to spawn. These few minutes pile up and after 30 or so rounds of survival a LOT of time is wasted waiting on ogres. Spawn delays also make campaign maps take longer than they should (specifically KG and karathiki). If there is any way you guys could at the very least decrease the time it takes for end-wave ogres to spawn, maps would take a significantly shorter amount of time to complete, allowing players to run these maps more frequently without getting bored to death from the waiting.

This is even worse on Akatiti survival, around the wave 30...

I think its because our stats kill the mobs to fast, and ogres are timed assuming there are still mobs left alive, which there isn't.

I guess if a new difficulty is made, this would probably something they'd have to add then.

It sucks but if they make the ogres spawn too fast then the lesser players would probably get overwhelmed. : (

Yeah they are timed but there is no point fighting one ogre every 20 sec for 5 minutes at the end of each wave, this is not what will make you lose, this is just a silly waste of time...
They just have to keep the same number of ogre until the monsters stop spwning and just delete all the ogres that came alone after...

I think you are right. I was thinking that maybe it could skip the wait if all enemies on the map are dead, but then again those with lower stats may need that breather to run around repairing towers.

Someone suggested a key to immediately spawn the next batch of ogres. That would be fine with me but I'm not sure how hard that would be to implement.

reduce the lag cause by portal guns( i love this gun but its like placing auras on tinker lab)

Something that has been bugging me since I started playing this game.
The mouse sensitivity is awkward. I'm used to hyper responsive mouse sensitivity, and it just feels too much like a console controller feel. I'd like the ability to increase the sensitivity to a much higher point, so it's more like an fps or mmorpg style camera swivel.

RNG in loot should also be fixed. I understand stat randomization, and RNG... But hours of farming that yield hardly anything are frustrating. I've got 3 afk's and my keyboard/mouse going in labs runs, and after around 2 hours of farming and sorting hundred's of pages of junk... I get maybe a handful of items I might be able to sell to newer players, but nothing I can use for myself, or any upgrades. Just makes it seem like a waste of time.

On the same subject... Doing survival runs on w/e map, then 30-35 waves later.......... I get a complete trash pet.
Come on, seriously, that's just wasted time. This problem exists in many games that have RNG based itemization for loot drops. It would be interesting to see a solution to the issue.

Last complaint/request I have: There needs to be a button to fast forward, or force spawn monsters.
Survival and regular maps are just too slow. I'd love a feature that allows me to speed up and return to normal the spawn rates. Or, some feature that lets me force spawn a certain number of monsters instantly with maybe a few second cooldown, or no cooldown.
Point is, I'd love to be able to spawn monsters faster so I can conserve my valuable time for other important activities.

How about a feature that releases the last 100 enemies at once :)

Yep, like the old lemmings games. When all is set up, you can release all the lemmings almost at once. (Then you realise you forgot a wall somewhere, usually)

thought of another one:

please allow a shortcut to open all chests on a map between waves. when maps were small it was ok, but now its a serious time waster with larger maps. i cant think of any reason not to allow this and would improve the experiece. thanks!

^this! I totally agree it's a total waste of time.

One other thing I forgot to mention.
The inventory system.
Not being able to sort or organize by item stat is frustrating. Goes back to more wasted time.
The item box and player stores should have some kind of search feature, whereby players may search for a particular item with what ever stats they are looking for at a minimum.
Features like this make ease of sorting items in the box, or looking through player stores; including their own.
I'd love to see at least a sort by option for the item box.

Edit:

I'd also love to be able to compare stats on my character without set bonuses while browsing player stores. That would make it much easier to tell which items are actually upgrades without needing to remove a piece of currently equipped set armor.