Sign in to follow this  
Ice

Last Call: Making Additional Changes to DD1

The last few days Steam keeps to go down during prime time, so I honestly hope you will change the requirement of a Steam connections. Check once for a Steam connection if you are creating a game.

Also nice would be a timeout for Steams connection. About 5 mins or so.

Steam usually goes down for me for about a half hour to an hour, if it was just a simple disconnection it would still suck but not nearly as much, but this is simply ridiculous. I'm guessing/hoping that DD2 won't be run off steam since it's free to play, so hopefully that alone will solve quite a few issues.

Ability to see bonus stats for a particular piece as if it was part of a full set without equipping. (by holding a hotkey)

Wow, this would be really helpful.

Better storage system (some place to store collectable and stuff you really want to keep separate from shop and general lot inventory folders). I would like that to include easier/better outfit management as well if possible. I guess one way this could be done is to be able to assign folders for picked up items and the same for rewards or unequipped/specific items. Who of us really likes unequipped items being mixed in with 200 items your most likely going to sell all of?

(Even longer range idea) How about a way to turn your souvenirs into plaques to hang on the wall and the tooltip would show the stats they had when enplaqued. This would make them unrecoverable as items, but would free up space on your tavern floor.

Also many players like to decorate their taverns with items. I am in an ice sword phase myself. It would be nice to be able to convert them into their mesh and place them precisely when decorating, again not using up item space. These kind of things could be stored locally instead of in Trendy's databases.

I forgot one suggestion... Disappearing mana flying saucers... Pfft. Mana on ground vanishing fast (high mana clutter + ogre mana disappearing before you can collect it for example)

Now I'm not sure how this ties in and I wouldn't like drops on ground negatively affected for items but for mana it needs to last long enough to collect (I know, genies and other mana pets... yea yea yea.) either larger mana should be easier in some way to pick up/get item limit priority over small mana or either give players a portion of the mana(maybe just by being in the area when it disappears)/have the ability to combine to lessen the impact

As it is I always just picture the Tardis flying around my head making whooshing sounds just before it disappears

(Even longer range idea) How about a way to turn your souvenirs into plaques to hang on the wall and the tooltip would show the stats they had when enplaqued. This would make them unrecoverable as items, but would free up space on your tavern floor.

Also many players like to decorate their taverns with items. I am in an ice sword phase myself. It would be nice to be able to convert them into their mesh and place them precisely when decorating, again not using up item space. These kind of things could be stored locally instead of in Trendy's databases.

This would not be helpful for what I am suggesting, things like TF2 pets and portal gun for example are not things everyone is going to want to permanently turn into a decoration. Same for other rewards like cubes.

I forgot one suggestion... Disappearing mana flying saucers... Pfft. Mana on ground vanishing fast (high mana clutter + ogre mana disappearing before you can collect it for example)

As it is I always just picture the Tardis flying around my head making whooshing sounds just before it disappears

Oh that Tardis. I know what you mean though about mana disappearing before you get to it (sometimes right before). However I dont know if I would change it because I wouldnt want to make the game too easy in a way. Learning stuff like that and keeping an eye out for it is what makes it somewhat challenging still. However if it was changed, that would be fine too. I just think it adds to the fun.

Oh that Tardis. I know what you mean though about mana disappearing before you get to it (sometimes right before). However I dont know if I would change it because I wouldnt want to make the game too easy in a way. Learning stuff like that and keeping an eye out for it is what makes it somewhat challenging still. However if it was changed, that would be fine too. I just think it adds to the fun.

It's not a solution for mana that you have a chance to get i am looking for, it's a solution for mana disappearing as soon as a mob dies (one your standing on in fact)

I don't want mana overload either just something to counter item limit overload in high wave survival maps. It's not nearly as bad as it used to be with wave mobs being reduced but there are some real issues with this still in many maps at higher waves.

It's not a solution for mana that you have a chance to get i am looking for, it's a solution for mana disappearing as soon as a mob dies (one your standing on in fact)

I don't want mana overload either just something to counter item limit overload in high wave survival maps. It's not nearly as bad as it used to be with wave mobs being reduced but there are some real issues with this still in many maps at higher waves.

The problem I see is the Highest Value mana disappears first. You can have a bunch of 5 mana crystals and a few 500 and sure as clock work the 500 will vanish first. I'm thinking a simple priority change of lowest valued mana disappears first would help a lot.

Would it be possible to not let ults and sups get covered up by other drops?

or maybe change their color so they dont blend in with stuff like minions

Fixes to the game are still planned. I can't give you a specific release date. As soon as I have more information, I'll tell the whole world from atop a mountain. There's going to be flutes playing and trombones and flowers and garlands of fresh herbs. And we will dance till the sun rises.

So no specific release date,(doesn't bother me in the least) but can we at least have some idea on what might be getting fixed idc how long it takes if its right. But if it isn't what the community or I are asking for why bother releasing a date I would most likely hold out for DD2.

As a long-time developer myself, I'm guessing that at this point Trendy does not know what will be in the patch. And they don't want to raise expectations only to disappoint us when our promised feature isn't delivered.

Well there are problems if they don't have things narrowed down by now

I am sure they have a prioritized list of things to fix, they just don't know which ones will actually make it into the patch.

And, no, they aren't going to share that list for reasons many of us have pointed out.

Add a CPU option where we can activate additional DPS characters and allow the computer to control that character. Also, a button to set the CPU to build or dps.

And again point totally missed, before you think im flippin out, or ranting I never asked when Iamsom has said he will say when... I have asked what will be fixed (How dare I ask I know right?). You can all speculate as to why they wont answer me or why they shouldn't answer me but until they do I really don't see the harm in asking.

What they will be fixing is anyone guess at this point. It doesn't matter how many times you will ask this question the answer will remain the same: no one knows.

So no specific release date,(doesn't bother me in the least) but can we at least have some idea on what might be getting fixed idc how long it takes if its right. But if it isn't what the community or I are asking for why bother releasing a date I would most likely hold out for DD2.

Patience is the key.

I'm wondering what has been considered possible to fix myself ^.^ This seems like a huge undertaking and I know we need to wait patiently. Wow, how text is misinterpreted!! I know both of you, pew and juejue, and I think you both misunderstood each other, lol!!

Thank you Ice for giving us a chance to voice what we would like changed big and small about the game we all love, and for taking the time to make DD even better!! I can't wait to see what you are going to do, maybe you can give us some insite on how you are going to pick what would be possible to change, or if you have any estimated deadlines, just to help with the waiting (^.^) I know your time is valuable and i can only offer cake, thank you, and smiles!! Oh and I did say cake!! How bout a big chocolate easter bunny?

(\(\
( =':')
(..(")(")

With about a week of experience in DD, I would like to request some stat changes to make some things more viable, and others a bit less of an obvious choice.

Apprentice: Lower attack rate of magic missile and fireball towers by 30%, increase damage by 50-100%, allow lightning tower to benefit from tower attack rate, perhaps consider piercing on deadly striker tower.
*Increase HP in NM by 50%, for both Apprentice and Adept
*Mana Bomb should benefit from weapon damage as well as skill damage, the skill has 45s cd and hits for practically nothing on nightmare, despite looking incredibly badass.

Squire: Lower attack rate of bowling ball turret by 20%, increase damage by 30-50%, increase health of spike blockade by 1000%, Bouncer blockade by 500%, and slice and dice by 300%(all on NM ONLY), increase bouncer damage by 30%, increase slice and dice damage by 100% and allow it to benefit from tower rate(not just wind up time), slice and dice is one of the most useless towers end game, which is a pity considering how freaking cool it is. May want to balance out harpoon turrets, large range, dmg and attack rate, it's without a doubt one of the best turrets and seems OP, not sure how to fix that however.
*Shields resistance counts seperately from armor, capping at 5%(Allowing a total of 95% resist to a type, the Squire wears plate, and looks like a tank, why is he not a tank? Let's fix that!)
Perhaps increase squire base movement speed by 20%(does not scale with blood rage)

Monk: Lower chance of enrage aura to cap at 30%, and have 30% of all mobs(Including ogres/djinn/spiders/etc) essentially become hostile towards and draw the attention of enemy mobs. This aura is like.. that one useless defense that monks have but never use. Cap ensnare aura at 25% instead of 15%.
*May want to consider nerfing Hero Boost dmg boost by 20-30% it seems a little OP to me in the higher levels

Huntress: Darkness trap is the 2nd most useless trap, while its effect sounds amazing it's actually quite weak and I've never found an actual use for it, perhaps consider "blinding" enemies inside darkness, they may walk out of darkness the wrong direction, or attack the wrong person inside, in addition to losing elemental effects. Ethereal spike.. for me does about 50% more damage at the cost of hitting only one or two mobs, I suggest increasing damage by 300-500%, ideally a way to have it "smartcast" and trigger for certain mobs(weight trigger!) but I feel as though the dmg increase is needed, the trap is a bit of a joke as it is.
*Invisibility could use higher mana cost ramping, I've been able to stay invis for entire waves easily, where as my squire can barely rage for 30-40s.
*Consider increasing piercing shot/spreadshot damage by 30-40% or reducing CD by 2s or so
*Increase hp by 10-20%

Series: Readjust tower buff beam, have lower base stats and scale better(the difference between 1k dmg and 5k dmg isn't even remotely noticeable compared to those same stats on say, a summoner) I suggest increasing DU cost for reflection beams by 1, there's a heavy reliance on both those and tower buff beams that is somewhat offputting.
*Increase holographic dmg by 300% or so
*Increase proton beam damage by 30% or so

Jester: I don't see anything noteable about their presents that needs changing, it's unreliable and occasionally badass, like it should be.
*Reduce their HP by about 30%, having the most movement speed, able to use any weapon(usually 2 ranged weapons because nobody likes melee) AND the most ranged HP seems brokenly OP to me, making them by far an unfairly obvious choice for dps which is extremely annoying as a new player.
*And/or reduce movement speed by 15-20%, fastest movement speed and most health out of any of the ranged characters.. plsno
*Remove slow time from wheel, or add in speed up, having only slow in there is annoying.

Summoner: Reduce DU cost of ogre to 10 and spider to 3. Increase HP of Ogre by 100%(it's a freaking ogre why does it have like 900k hp at 3 star?) Perhaps give minions an elemental effect at 3 stars(they are mobs, sort of, would be neat) Increase damage of warrior by 100% and hp by 50%, even then it may not be desireable, it's the most "unwanted" defense of the summoner class.
*Summoner can phase shift and his skin is practically glass(crystal, close enough), reduce HP by 50% imo

_____

Increase HP of spawned ogres in NM by 50% and reduce HP of copter ogres by 50%, it never made any sense to me to have ogres with 40m hp and 8m in the same wave, and have the 8m walk up and knock on my door while the 40m gets air dropped on my front door. Seriously, what's up with that?

Increase score(exp) gain of some of the less desireable maps, such as monster fests, sky of love(Whoever created that challenge. I hate you)

Redo the campaign maps loot systems/exp, at least for high waves of survival on NM. The campaign maps are some of my favorite maps and I have the most fun on those, but literally 25 waves on NMHC ramparts is inferior to wave 14 of kings game on the same difficulty. I know that campaign maps are "old school" but an option to ramp them up to the level of "current tier" maps would be great, I would love to run ramparts competitively and have it actually be rewarding, because the fun dies quickly when you realize that you're getting nothing but trash at the final wave on the highest difficulty setting. Perhaps ramp up the loot tables for higher waves to work in conjunction with endless survival, if I'm still getting nothing but trash at wave 50 on ramparts I'm going to send you a very strongly worded letter asking you to fix it.

Once again: A final difficulty mode, after nightmare. I said this earlier in the thread and my desire for it has only gotten stronger, Apocalypse mode, 5x as hard as NM for 2.5x the loot(don't give me that look, you know you want it) will NM still be more efficient? Maybe, will you do it anyways? Probably.

I personally miss the oldschool builds I had to do on xbox, with the blockades, the mage towers(that didn't suck) the huntress dps, the str drain auras because ogres eat my blockades even with 500 in HP(which was lot back then :C), perhaps make those a bit more.. needed in the new difficulty mode you probably won't put in?

Plenty of other ideas for improvement/cool stuff, but I know it won't fit or be reasonable for a last update, so I'll save it for DD2, which I must play before I offer suggestions.

Upgrade behavior (additional change to my previous suggestion)
Sometimes a tower will be focused outside of your range. So you have to move either towards or further away from the tower. Would be cool if anything gets the focus that we are also able to upgrade it actually. Seems like the detection range is a lil' bit bigger than our actual range.

I would like to see an additional projectile added to the Espear to match the projectiles a sparus gets.

Would like to see Jade spear be able to roll ult++.

Would also like to see the Ring of Death fixed when joining someones lab assault game with 4 characters.

Added to my list on the first page as well.

Sometimes a tower will be focused outside of your range. So you have to move either towards or further away from the tower. Would be cool if anything gets the focus that we are also able to upgrade it actually. Seems like the detection range is a lil' bit bigger than our actual range.

That does get annoying, when you're trying to upgrade quickly and it keeps focusing on the non important tower way out of range.

This is hugely annoying. It looks like something else is being upgraded instead of the aura actually being upgraded. Not good when you are in a hurry.

I thought you meant how upgrade priority can sometimes be strange with jerking you across the map to a sleep trap when i first read this. So many reasons why i try to upgrade in overlord mode anymore. (i know, genies. guess not using one is a bad habit of mine. Don't have a good one though.)

The false radius s really something that would be nice if it were fixed and it is probably easier to fix than many of the other awkward upgrading issues.

Could you fix Tinkerer's Lab Pure Strategy? I think I know why mini-ogres spawn on that map because full-sized ones get stuck on just about every spawn door, and waves take an exponential amount of time to clear.

Aura instant kill
Currently auras will be immediately killed if they will be hit by Lava on Volcanic Eruption or by the red dark energy at Old One. It would be nice if they only get killed if Lava or the red dark energy reaches their centers. It isn't a major issue, just another idea.

Ability to get eggs for the bunny costume... Besides trading >.< maybe restrict the big ones to Nightmare on a harder challenge map. It would be annoying for eggs to spawn on all the maps. (restricted costume is kind of annoying!)

Ability to still get event items rarely (No i don't expect this will actually happen and is an automated event schedule even reasonably possible?)

Fix the super delayed last Survial waves in several maps such as maps spewing out 2 ogres at a time for 50 ogres or so for example or excessive pauses between enemies coming out during the same wave. Ideally give us a taunt to cause the next miniwave to come.

Allow players to do the same in pure strategy mode, give us a taunt to "aggro" stuck monsters instead of needing to sit still. or give us a no damage "weapon" or mannequin to give their pathing a kick.

Option for longer waves

Special glow for items with all 4 tower stats positive

(i know some of these are a little strange)