Last Call: Making Additional Changes to DD1

UN-BAN EVERYONE
meaning give everyone a clean slate, wont hurt you much (look at console for instant)
lower grinding meaning a bit easier to get gear
get rid of your rule on banning people if they have gear within game mechanic numbers
get rid of your GOD-D**N ban people if they sell item too cheaply, LET SHOP KEEPER SET THEIR OWN PRICE
FIX ALL THE MAJOR AND ANNOYING BUGS FROM ALL YOUR DLC and i mean ALL
Fix the poor performance in NM on any major maps with mass amount of enemy spawning
FIX AI PATHING so they wont get stuck
MAKE EVERY ITEM POSSIBLE TO GET THAT DOESN'T INVOLVE THEM SPENDING OVER A WEEK TO OBTAIN (3-4hr avg of play time a day into a week)
RESET PEOPLE WHO CHEAT ACCOUNT instead of the banning (if not then just suspend the account for a week or so)
STOP WITH MAKING PEOPLE GREEDY SELF-FISH JERKS with all your BS RNG and policy for the game
Allow achievement to get on Local/solo mode (had people i know gotten game and was ban after a day of playing and can't even get achivement cause of their OCD
MAKE HIGH RANKING ITEM WORTH GETTING (o look a ult++ has bout 30 stats better or so and higher maxed cap but meaning more RNG BS.... ya NO)
GET RID OF ****TY ITEM DROPS WHEN YOUR PLAYING ON A HIGH END GAME OF NM-HC-SURVIVAL
Increase ppl hp for NM and Better Scaling of defense
NERF DIJINS BEAMS (all of them)
AGAIN UN-BAN EVERYONE FROM ALL PLATFORMS THIS WILL NOT HURT YOU IN ANY OR MUCH WAYS AT ALL SINCE THIS WILL BE YOUR "LAST" UPDATE

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest issue i have right now is losing my characters.Please do something about this i have now lost them again.I back out of the game slower than ever. Exit game from main screen like always and I'm still losing them. 3 times in 3 weeks this is really some B.S

Don't know what you can do but fixing this problem would be great.

UN-BAN EVERYONE
meaning give everyone a clean slate, wont hurt you much (look at console for instant)
lower grinding meaning a bit easier to get gear
get rid of your rule on banning people if they have gear within game mechanic numbers
get rid of your GOD-D**N ban people if they sell item too cheaply, LET SHOP KEEPER SET THEIR OWN PRICE
FIX ALL THE MAJOR AND ANNOYING BUGS FROM ALL YOUR DLC and i mean ALL
Fix the poor performance in NM on any major maps with mass amount of enemy spawning
FIX AI PATHING so they wont get stuck
MAKE EVERY ITEM POSSIBLE TO GET THAT DOESN'T INVOLVE THEM SPENDING OVER A WEEK TO OBTAIN (3-4hr avg of play time a day into a week)
RESET PEOPLE WHO CHEAT ACCOUNT instead of the banning (if not then just suspend the account for a week or so)
STOP WITH MAKING PEOPLE GREEDY SELF-FISH JERKS with all your BS RNG and policy for the game
Allow achievement to get on Local/solo mode (had people i know gotten game and was ban after a day of playing and can't even get achivement cause of their OCD
MAKE HIGH RANKING ITEM WORTH GETTING (o look a ult++ has bout 30 stats better or so and higher maxed cap but meaning more RNG BS.... ya NO)
GET RID OF ****TY ITEM DROPS WHEN YOUR PLAYING ON A HIGH END GAME OF NM-HC-SURVIVAL
Increase ppl hp for NM and Better Scaling of defense
NERF DIJINS BEAMS (all of them)
AGAIN UN-BAN EVERYONE FROM ALL PLATFORMS THIS WILL NOT HURT YOU IN ANY OR MUCH WAYS AT ALL SINCE THIS WILL BE YOUR "LAST" UPDATE

All I got from this is, your caps lock is broken. And that you want hackers to do whatever they want, which will never happen ever. Also, you must be one of them that has been banned before to suggest that. It's quite easy to avoid this, DON'T HACK.

Steam Trading Cards are a nice touch in games . They seem to be very Easy to add to games so maybe we could get some for DD.

All I got from this is, your caps lock is broken. And that you want hackers to do whatever they want, which will never happen ever. Also, you must be one of them that has been banned before to suggest that. It's quite easy to avoid this, DON'T HACK.

i dont but i have friends that bought the game and got banned on first launched
same for random people getting ban out of the blue
+ majority ppl left the game already and look at borderlands 2 for instance (the 2 game is more or less dead)
this game is the only game ive played and experience with the worst devs possible and i thought gearbox was bad and Digital Extreme
People "hack" cause they want to skip grind and have fun (while we have Open for that, it doesn't provide the achievements so there is a problem with rank)
another reason would possibly cause of how greedy people get in DD Trade shops while understandable.... but the trader usually try to scam you to rob of all your things and devs doesn't do anything when u send them complaints instead they attack you....
people play rank mostly is where the majority of player are and achievements (pretty much no one cares for leaderboard)
and beside people are the one that choice to use the cheated item or not (can't blame then if its has to do with overkill of grinding with BS RNG)

i dont but i have friends that bought the game and got banned on first launched
same for random people getting ban out of the blue
+ majority ppl left the game already and look at borderlands 2 for instance (the 2 game is more or less dead)
this game is the only game ive played and experience with the worst devs possible and i thought gearbox was bad and Digital Extreme
People "hack" cause they want to skip grind and have fun (while we have Open for that, it doesn't provide the achievements so there is a problem with rank)
another reason would possibly cause of how greedy people get in DD Trade shops while understandable.... but the trader usually try to scam you to rob of all your things and devs doesn't do anything when u send them complaints instead they attack you....
people play rank mostly is where the majority of player are and achievements (pretty much no one cares for leaderboard)
and beside people are the one that choice to use the cheated item or not (can't blame then if its has to do with overkill of grinding with BS RNG)

There is a time and place to discuss everything. This However is not really either.
Trendy DOES care about there players! You can voice your concerns to them directly Via E-Mail Or Forums PM.

They Are very busy so it may take some time for them to get back to you however I am quite sure they will be more than happy to address your concerns.

Unban all hacking players will kill the game for sure. I guess nobody of the non-hacking and honest players will play the game anymore. If you wanna hack you are better suited with Borderlands 2 as you stated. That's also a game without any anti-cheat-tool since all your game progress is locally saved.

People who hack doesn't have any clue about the game instead of learning to be better and to understand the game mechanics they just want a grind of farming for their 7k stats :D All of that doesn't make you experienced nor a master builder. It's very easy to progress into this game if you do not start with the hardest maps on NM. ;)

EDIT: Spoiler since I don't get the post
[spoiler]
this is what the current rng and exclusive items is generating I googled event items stat and got a store offering
mana weapons pets and coal 5-25 usd
no wonder some players dont want the system to change
If you say so then there is room to indicate that everyone who disagree with your mind about releasing event items for everyone is a hacker, duper or paypal seller. This accuses so many people.

We’ve got some event items for sale. I’ll do my best to explain what they do, and their level requirement to do so![...]
That's not limited to event items, paypal sellers are also selling hacked Ult++ gear and more. However if anyone feels to be in need to buy such stuff then he has no common sense. It's like all the stuff from TF2, people paying tons of real money to get virtual sh.... stuff I mean. Whatsoever.

• Rainmaker – One of the most popular event items at the moment. Why? Because inexperienced people think they need it to be good. Any half decent Crested Eagle will work too. It's again those thinking of "I need, I need, I NEED"
  • Vamps Delight – By far it isn't one of the best 'ranged' weapons. Probably stats-wise but again those thinking of "I need, I need, I NEED"
  • Celebration Hat – It looks ****ty I don't want them. Again those thinking of "I need, I need, I NEED"
  • Howling Werewolf – Pretty bad as 'Mana gun' due to its extremely high damage compared to an original Lupine bow. Dead Enemies doesn't drop any Mana for you. Again those thinking ... and so on.
  • Mana Master – Most players use it on a Jester in combination with a lupine bow although any 10k Genie would be already more than fine with a lupine bow. So just stats-wise and again ...
  • Amor – No clue why it worths a lot but indeed its DPS isn't good. Also the healing is still pretty low. Either choose DPS or a Fairy ;) First item I see which doesn't match the thinking of ... you know what I want to say.
  • Boneyard Blade, Aladdin’s Wish – Nice to have, nothing else. Gladius for a betetr tower weapon and a Huntress doesn't need high stats compared to other chars.
  • Glacier’s Demise – One of the top for specific usage. Only of interest for a single high damage output such as for the Dragon or similar bosses. Its overall DPS is worse than of the Gladius. Steam Saws are working well too for a Hawk Stance Barb.
  • Admiral Djinn – It doesn't have any DPS. Any regular 5k Djinn has a better DPS. So it's again stats-wise and the thinking of ..... a bit tired :(
  • Greater Magicite of Wind - Doesn't worth anything more than a regular diamond. Quap-cap, tripple-cap or non cap, doesn't matter for diamonds. Just stats stats stats. Also it isn't obvious that it gets sold for more than 20$. I actually don't get the point to virtual in-game items for real money at all. I'm freaking old fashioned I guess, I play a game to actually play the game not to buy items for a game.

So after all explanations I see only the stats side. You seems to be a player who is highly in demand of stats :/ If people want high stats they have to work for it. You cannot tell me that you will not quit the game once you have reached these high stats. That's your only goal for your whole discusses here and at the other thread and I'm pretty sure the only reason why you are still playing the game.

I do have some friends who thinks like you. They always crying and whining that they don't have the ''best'' gear. Although they already can do everything and if not it's their lack of knowledges/experience. This sounds maybe a bit harsh to talk that way about my friends but all of them know my opinion about the stats, so no worries that I'm struggling with anyone of them :)[/spoiler]

Unban all hacking players will kill the game for sure. I guess nobody of the non-hacking and honest players will play the game anymore. If you wanna hack you are better suited with Borderlands 2 as you stated. That's also a game without any anti-cheat-tool since all your game progress is locally saved.

People who hack doesn't have any clue about the game instead of learning to be better and to understand the game mechanics they just want a grind of farming for their 7k stats :D All of that doesn't make you experienced nor a master builder. It's very easy to progress into this game if you do not start with the hardest maps on NM. ;)

I think hes trying to say unban players who traded for hacked gear that did not have insanely hacked numbers not actual hacker

Lets keep this thread clean, please. No discussion of bans is to take place on the forums. You need to email Trendy to settle such issues. this thread is about issues you would wish Trendy to take a look at in DD1. Let's keep it to that, thank you.

this is what the current rng and exclusive items is generating I googled event items stat and got a store offering
mana weapons pets and coal 5-25 usd
no wonder some players dont want the system to change

We’ve got some event items for sale. I’ll do my best to explain what they do, and their level requirement to do so!

RainMaker – Level 90 – One of the most popular event items at the moment. Why? Because it’s the BEST DPS in the game at the moment. It’s a staff, so must be a jester/apprentice/Ev to hold such a beauty.
Vamps Delight – Level 93 – One of the best Monk DPS weapons in the game at the moment!
Celebration Hat – Level 100 – An accessory item that has the best stats an accessory item can have, of course people want this!
Howling Werewolf – Level 90 – A gun that returns mana to you as you hit, it’s a ranger type gun so make sure you equip the right class with this badboi!
Mana Master – Level 93 – A really strong Genie pet, extremely high mana gains and damage!
Amor – Level 83 – Worth a lot, it’s not a bad event item but not the best. Still a worthwhile companion!
Boneyard Blade – Level 90 – Strong sword/blade that also has 666 in each four tower stats!
Aladdin’s Wish – Level 70 – Best weapon for tower stats for the huntress/hunter class! Finally!
Glacier’s Demise – Level 70 – Great damage sword, it’s extremely strong and still needs testing to see exactly how strong, but it’s one of the top for sure!
Admiral Djinn – Level 70 – Another good DPS pet, the Djin. Click on it in the menu above and it’ll show a picture with some stats!
Greater Magicite of Wind - Best tower pet at the moment, 800 in ALL tower stats, look at the picture after selecting it in the menu. This is the ONLY event item that costs more then the initial 20$ for obvious reasons!

Removing events items is like saying we should remove ult ++ drops, since its not fair that everyone will have a chance to ever farm one. I have paid my dues playing lab assault and have never farmed one myself. Is this fair. Prob not, but life isn't fair. Either r video games. Not everyone has the same computer. Does this mean we have to make this fair as well. Having a map that drop items w similar stats to events would ruin the game. No more farming any other level but this then. If you want an old event item then farm some good gear on lab and save up the cubes to buy it. and as for the have and have not's, you will have this in every aspect of life. The have did not start the game out with every item. They should not b punished because they put over 2k+ hours in EARNING their gear. Maybe to make everyone happy trendy can make up a new event item that comes with the new patch/fix/update. This way ppl who missed all the events could at least have one event item. Maybe make up the armor to go to the selda set.

We’ve got some event items for sale. I’ll do my best to explain what they do, and their level requirement to do so!

Yet none of these items are required to complete and enjoy the game, and all of them, with the exeption of the rainmaker, can be farmed in the game with better stats/dmg. The people who wrote those description are your typical USD items sellers, AKA complete clueless idiots, who havent given the game a single thought.

Let's put this arguing about event items to an end, it seems to turn in an endless discussion that almost deserves its own thread.

A suggestion from a relatively new player ~

2 new difficulties, one between Insane and Nightmare(The gap between those 2 is ridiculous, insane can be done with 5-10 towers and afk, and can barely survive round one on nightmare of any map) and one after Nightmare, where certain towers that are useless become more needed(Apprentice seems wholly unwanted for towers, and for the most part, only the Harpoon on squires is wanted, where as on early content and insane blockades were needed)

Perhaps a "Fearful"(between insane/nightmare) mode that has the same spawns and rates as Nightmare(for mobs, not drops/exp) but the same difficulty as insane statwise. Allowing players to transition to nightmare a bit more smoothly. Get used to dealing with spiders/djinn/sharkwrestler/etc on a more comfortable mode, then transition to nightmare. But going from Insane to Nightmare is freakishly hard for a new player, just the mob difficulty alone makes it hard, but adjusting to all the new mob types as well makes it even more so.

Apocalypse - after Nightmare, this should be a mode meant for end game players in ult gear, and the difficulty adjusted accordingly. All non blockade defenses have their health reduced by 50-70% or so, damage increased by 20%, destroyed defenses leave "wreckages" which prevent things from being built there until you can clear it in build phase(a 3-5s action) perhaps buff some of the less used/needed towers in there, such as mage towers/slice and dice blockades. Increase blockade health by 200%, increase mob damage against defenses to the point that blockades are actually needed. Players do about half the damage that they do in nightmare, overall mob strength increased by maybe 200%. Ogre spawn rate reduced slightly buffed by additional 50%. The normal ogre spawns, (those end of map, 1-2 per round ogres from earlier game) could be replaced with mega ogre, veteran ogre, elite ogre, etc. With 500% hp/dmg that take half damage from towers, throw poison faster(projectile speed) and are actually something to worry about instead of the "ogre has spawned * 10" that players can basically ignore now. These ogres should do 100% more damage against nonblockade type towers, perhaps a rare Djinn spawn(one or two per round) that have 5x the hp and "smart cast" choosing to give golden buff to ogres/mega ogres first, or delete blockades. Also on apoc, maybe increase mob speed by 50-100%, and lower the mob count by 50%? Or further as needed, Nightmare is just.. a few min long stream of zzz as everything is eaten by towers, and it goes slowly enough, and there's so many, that actually being a hero dps on late rounds doesn't seem worth it. It would be great in my opinion if they were more viable/if not flat out needed for Apoc due to short yet difficult rounds. Due to the changes this difficulty may need a level cap raise with new item types? Would be great for an expansion, or perhaps a celebratory "Yay DD2 is out" free expansion, to leave DD players something to do, as end game players seem bored as things are.

Not sure what you'd do for Bosses, maybe give them the same stat buffs as Mega Ogres and call it a day? New abilities if you're feeling fancy.

Increase Apprentice/Adept hero dps capabilities, or give staffs with better effects, as they are rather unloved as dps characters atm, and with mage towers being shunned in favor of monk/series/summoner/occasional squire, the Apprentice/Adept seem pretty unpopular in late game.

Perhaps a nerf to summoner damage may be needed? I saw a summoner the other day who had archer minions doing 8 digits of damage per hit, with attack rates so high they didn't have an animation anymore, the match would start, there'd be a minute long lag spike as the archers twitched, then the round would be over. I just think that doing 38 million damage per hit with a tower is a bit overpowered, even if he had full ult++ gear that seems like a bit much.

Eternia Crystals with effects, if you complete rare/difficult/challenging/etc achievements you could unlock ones that heal 1% defense health every few seconds, or increase hero damage by 10%, or cause mobs to spawn already missing 5-10% hp, nothing major, but enough that it would be worth doing.

This may be a bit too big for a minor update, but if there's another expansion or something then please consider some of these, especially the difficulty settings, as Insane -> Nightmare is a huge transition that is really difficult for newer players, I've been told to simply tag along other players runs and get carried until I overgear things enough to do it comfortably, which sounds rather bland. Also seeing some of these players do end game on NMHC so effortlessly is almost depressing, having an apoc mode could potentially be really fun(or everyone will hate it, but I think it sounds fun!)

have a icon for people who hacked a item but doesnt seem hacked on that gear piece to try and avoid people being ban for such type of things
performance improvement with app.(fireball tower and missile tower for the most part cause a lot of fps problem
lessen hp drain of auras (strength for the most part)
buff to pets stats and dmg
lower the mana cost to upgrade things
have everything to be able to lv if you are using them/have them equipped in a game(much like Pets)
increase mana bank cap to 1-5 billion
able to make larger mana crystal/token
resistance go up to 95%.. maybe?
5% increase hp to the current NM mode
get rid of unneeded detail/texture/parts in a map
give all shop full(most) control over prices
Pathing AI on DLC and/or old map of enemy running into a wall
buff/change Spike Blockade on Squire cause the thing become pretty worthless (unless ur making the great wall of China but backward)
buff the amount of "hp" traps has (base hp)(mostly the prox mines)
improve fire rate and range of the summoner minions
increase hp on EV beams (dont touch buff beam in any ways whether its a buff or not)
able to equip 2 pets like summoner after reaching say lv 90 or hitting lv cap (except summoner can then equip 3 to keep it slightly equal)
buff loot rank/stats of myths and up (meaning if say your doing misty forest NMHC survival and you've passed the original amount of waves then the loot should not show any negative and only myths and higher)
increase xp gain on all DLC maps (mostly cause they are harder)
buff tavern defense loot drop overall
make it possible for having endless survival to see how long your setup can actually last while also getting 3xs better loot then the normal survival after u pass the final wave in normal survival (but enemy still scales the same)
debuff all enemy speed by 10% on NM and debuff 15-20% enemy speed on insane (their speed tends to bug them out)
nerf dark elves damage and slow down the attacks by a bit

I don't know if this is to big but, on longer maps (CD, WW, Survival maps, etc) I always have a problem of my internet not handling it at random parts and dungeon defenders crashing, my fiends have thought that it would be great if you could have a "host migration" like in call of duty. Another thing could you fix the spider movement paths, ogre movement paths, most maps have one or two places with a "blockage" and it really slows time.

Boost the challenges difficulty of original campaign and four shards DLC along side with rewards given so they are at least enjoyable/rewarding

i dont really know how to explain this bug, but sometime while playing my keyboard loses its ability to use hot keys. i use a controller and also use certain hotkeys on the keyboard as well. was trying to speed run moraggo and every time i play that map this bug occurs. but it has happened in a couple different maps. validating fixes this, but having to validate after every map to b able to use hotkeys is getting annoying. maybe its just me though, i am not computer savvy.

Boost the challenges difficulty of original campaign and four shards DLC along side with rewards given so they are at least enjoyable/rewarding

I like this idea combined with a new mode of difficulty. I think new players need the original maps and shards as is since they were designed to aide in progression. The jump to NM is already daunting to inexperienced players.

I like this idea combined with a new mode of difficulty. I think new players need the original maps and shards as is since they were designed to aide in progression. The jump to NM is already daunting to inexperienced players.

Daunting? On insane ramparts survival, I spent 3 rounds setting up defenses comfortably, capping MU and DU because yes.

I then afkd(tabbing back in to hit G) on my monk until wave 23(got bored and left)

I didn't need to upgrade or repair once, nothing important broke(one lightning tower aggroed an ogre, oh well), nothing above godly dropped, I got maybe 15% of one level(73 to 74)

_
I go to nightmare, suddenly there's new mob types, Djinn(what are these?) Spiders(Eww) Sharken(Moves my defenses..) and now I suddenly have a ton of hp. Ok, that's neat, but now it takes a ton of mana to self heal, I went from 1-2 shotting everything to taking 3-5 hits for a spider. Oh, I also struggle immensely or fail outright to past wave one on the easiest of levels, Deep Well? No, spider - gummed towers - gg go home.

So, I can afk through insane without repairing/upgrading almost until giraffe on a treadmill level(maybe even to that, didn't try) but I can't actively get past the starting waves on NM. I can't get enough mana to start with to get all my defenses up, and I usually just hold a lane myself as needed or partially block it, but one single spider will hit my turret and it's useless, I can't hold a lane by myself at all, and suddenly my squire doesn't even seem wanted. Everyone just uses series/monk/summoner and I got through using squire/apprentice.

On nightmare you need entirely different build setups from insane, most towers are rendered obsolete, like blockades/mages, everyone just gets enough gear to pewpew kill everything before it gets to you, I'm used to having to hold ogres off with blockades. I really think that adding those 2 difficulty settings I suggested would make a huge difference.

I go to nightmare, suddenly there's new mob types, Djinn(what are these?) Spiders(Eww) Sharken(Moves my defenses..) and now I suddenly have a ton of hp. Ok, that's neat, but now it takes a ton of mana to self heal, I went from 1-2 shotting everything to taking 3-5 hits for a spider. Oh, I also struggle immensely or fail outright to past wave one on the easiest of levels, Deep Well? No, spider - gummed towers - gg go home.

I know what you mean. It is like having to learn the game all over again in a way and build completely different. I loved it though. I learned that reflect walls were very worthwhile to have because of ogre balls, spider webs and copter rockets. I also learned to use a genie on a char that can upgrade really fast and then switch to a different char later if I wanted once things were upgraded.

Lab makes it easy to get the stats you need to beat NM, but you do have to learn a different way to build and utilize some key characters that you may not have used or needed before.

make armor has same drop rate of weapon at least
make supreme actually drop when its a tier lower than ults (armor) (help lower shop keeper price a tad bit)
make Pure Strategy mode give you better things then NMHC survival (since you can't repair anything, only upgrading them last i remember)
improve performance on every map (including DLC) (specially Tinker's)

A few people have said to amp up the difficulty of the original campaign and challenges, so we can get better rewards. This could be cruel to the newer people, so if there's no new difficulty, maybe you could put a welcome messege when we run the game for the first time after the patch. Something like: "Are you ready for the Challenge", if we accept, the original campaign and its challenges are bumped up to Akatiti standards (or whatever). Newer users can still experience the originals untouched, and change when they're ready, using the menu.
If you do an all new harder difficulty, then this won't be necessary. I really want to see some of the older weapons have a chance to be better, blasters are cool and all, but I want my Ult++ Blasticus! :P:P:P:P

First a BIG BUG for coop on the same computer it does NOT show any interface all you see is the background for the menu its fine for single player. I have tried reinstalling but it did nothing.

Second a nicer/bigger tavern I feel it is to small.

Third a better loot system I don't like how it judges how some things are better then the thing you have on I have seen many times it has recommended I equip something that was worse in every way.

Hi Again Defenders!

In my previous post I asked you about small quick changes that would better your Dungeon Defenders 1 experience.

Ok now I'm felling pranked
How is it with releasing first a patch that fixing the other problems since over 3 months of collection nothing happens there!
With all that major problems it isn't done with only 1 patch.

I can say I quited now after 2 years of playing DD for 2 main reasons.
1. It happens nothing on DD1 (no patches/no releases)
2. Its a pure waste of time continune playing with such a RNG
If there is an Award for getting the worst drops I would always win it.
This is a Reward Game so the players who spend thousand of hours gaming should get really better rewarded than a "Noob" with only 300h who got his 10th Ult++ Armor

Its nice you gonna make a second part of DD but you shouldn't ignore for that long time the main title.
When you annoying the players so long they not gonna play DD2 or will be interessted in it.

Regards from all players that quit for that reasons