Sign in to follow this  
LaurawantsaCow

Name one cool thing about where you live?

I love to travel and thought it would be nice to name one cool think abut the city I live in.

I live in Gainesville, Florida and it is the home of the University of Florida. Go Gators! :)

How about you all? What is one interesting or cool thing about where you live?

I love to travel and thought it would be nice to name one cool think abut the city I live in.

I live in Gainesville, Florida and it is the home of the University of Florida. Go Gators! :)

How about you all? What is one interesting or cool thing about where you live?

I was there in 2006 for nations in speech and debate! I went for a run and I saw this lake and I wondered if I would see live alligators. Let's just say the university has about 1,000 mascots! Named gators for a reason.

I live in Las Vegas now and 1 awesome thing is..... It's LAS VEGAS! But seriously Las Vegas is close to everything...camping and national parks, California, crazy party life if you want (the strip feels like a city inside a city) and wild mustang! By far the coolest!

Sent from winterfell

London. I think that's self explanatory.

What if I'm there for a short time and I can only visit/do one thing? There are so many awesome things in London that I've read about on the internet. I wouldn't know where to start.

I live in small town USA.....Burkburnett, Texas. The population is a little under 11,000 people. The town was known as "Boomtown USA" back during the oil boom because of all the oil derricks/pumps. So, you can see tons of oil pumps in and out of town.

I also live 10 miles north of Wichita Falls.....they have a water fall that was restored in 1987.

Eerie thing about these falls is that above the falls is a cemetery. o.0

I live close to the indy 500 track is that cool ???

Thats really cool, i wish i lived closer to the Talladaga speedway myself

Keep Calm And Love Ponies

The storm chaser guy from the weather channel, Jim Cantore, lived here and his brother owns and operates a pizza shop 5 minutes from my apartment.

That's a fact I just learned today. Lol Ya this part of nh is boring.

I live in upstate (Plattsburgh) NY. Winters are my favorite here and I have the luxury of skiing at Whiteface mountain. Which they claim to have the highest vertical drop on the east coast, or something along those lines.

Detroit, Michigan, USA. I think one of the semi-hidden gems in the city is the Heidelberg Project. They've dealt with some arsonist destroying houses/art installations over the last year which is really unfortunate; welcome to Detroit, I guess?

We are home to one of only seven Pratt and Whitney manufacturing plants in the US. With a population of under 5k, I'd consider that just about the only interesting thing.

We are home to one of only seven Pratt and Whitney manufacturing plants in the US. With a population of under 5k, I'd consider that just about the only interesting thing.

I don't think I've ever lived in a place that had a population of under 5k.

I live in Hawaii, so just about anything you see on TV about here being paradise and beaches and sunshine/rainbows is actually kinda true. Aside from it being perfect weather all the time. It rains... a lot. Which is perfect weather to me, personally.

And I see Dog the Bounty Hunter around the town every so often. Other than the beaches, volcanoes, sightseeing and the like, it's pretty boring and dead.

I don't think I've ever lived in a place that had a population of under 5k.

That was according to the 2000 census. I think we're actually around 8k now! :D

Long Island, New York!
Great thing is it's the suburban island where an hour long train ride takes you to the city that never sleeps!

the city that never sleeps!

I honestly thought that was just a fun witty saying until I went to visit NY. I was there for a total of 5 days and I think I slept around 2-4 hours a night. It was a lot of fun though!