Most memorable event moment contest RESULTS

The results are in for contest portion of the Most memorable event moment and a chance to win item rarer than Armguards of EARTH!

All posters of the thread were placed on a spread sheet .

The sheet was then alphabetized in standard A-Z form.

Winners were chosen by using the random Number generating web site http://www.random.org/

Every one who posted is a winner.
The 2 Grand Prize winners are

absolute Dwarven Miners mask version 1

rcdm462 Care Bear Version 1

Once you receive your prizes there will be only 2 of each in circulation making them even rarer than the Ultra coveted Armguards Of Earth!

The full list of prizes and there winners can be found here on the Spreadsheet.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AusYNIqZ07z-dE11R3p4d0xlTklSUGI3a3ZodUQ1aEE[[479,hashtags]]=0

I will be iteming players
I will be in the PC event group Saturday and Sunday Between 12pmEST and 5PMEST winners can stop on by and get there goodies:squire:

If you NEED an other time please let me know.

Whilst I appreciated your charity and good will Gokupp, I would like to point something out:

Definition of contest from the Oxford Dictionary:

[QUOTE]"an event in which people compete for supremacy in a sport, activity, or particular quality."[/QUOTE]

if this was truly a contest I should have won something better than a cube... I wrote a good essay that I poured time into, whereas several people such as xGrimorgx (sorry for calling you out, its not your fault) won an item worth significant amounts of currency for doing next nothing.

Botched "Contest"...

Heres xGrimorgx's post:

One of the most enjoyable moments I remember was getting thrown around the place on the akaturkey map. That knockback was...............LOL

I doubt my entry was even read to be quite honest. This should have been on a merit basis, as the word "contest" denotes, yet it was based on sheer luck! Guess what xGrimorgx won? A Greater Magicite of Wind...Yup.

How appalling.

it is very frustrating when you actually try to earn something yet get nothing in return and your entry isn't even judged. I spent my time creating an entry for what I thought was a "contest," only to find out it was done by random. It is even more aggravating to find people who probably didn't spend 5 minutes on their entry win prizes that they do not deserve. It infuriates me to know that I could have written something much more lighthearted and brief and have won the same thing.

Please avoid such mislabeling in the future.

Thanks,
Starman

Whilst I appreciated your charity and good will Gokupp, I would like to point something out:

Definition of contest from the Oxford Dictionary:

if this was truly a contest I should have won something better than a cube... I wrote a good essay that I poured time into, whereas several people such as xGrimorgx (sorry for calling you out, its not your fault) won an item worth significant amounts of currency for doing next nothing.

Botched "Contest"...

Heres xGrimorgx's post:

I doubt my entry was even read to be quite honest. This should have been on a merit basis, as the word "contest" denotes, yet it was based on sheer luck! Guess what xGrimorgx won? A Greater Magicite of Wind...Yup.

How appalling.

it is very frustrating when you actually try to earn something yet get nothing in return and your entry isn't even judged. I spent my time creating an entry for what I thought was a "contest," only to find out it was done by random. It is even more aggravating to find people who probably didn't spend 5 minutes on their entry win prizes that they do not deserve. It infuriates me to know that I could have written something much more lighthearted and brief and have won the same thing.

Please avoid such mislabeling in the future.

Thanks,
Starman

I hate to burst your bubble however your response is exactly WHY random was chosen.

My post is better than yours NO your wrong Mine is better than yours. There is no place for bickering .

The contest was NOT botched it was handled fairly and with out any form of Bias what so ever.

As for random choices honestly the Vast MAJORITY of modern contests are chosen Random / pseudo random.

Every post in the thread was read in it's entirety. NONE were skipped not even those by other event hosts.

I am sorry if you dis like or disagree with the results. however FAIR IS FAIR LIKE IT OR NOT!

EDIT: Sorry if I sound harsh in my response. My point is still valid. The contest was judged as fairly as humanly possible.

Grats to the winners though I didn't enter, I did read them cause early DD memories are always a fun thing to recollect. It's hard to give back to the community as you all have done when you don't please everyone but hey, it's impossible to please everyone. Thanks for all the events as it took plenty of your time away, but were very enjoyable. :)

I hate to burst your bubble however your response is exactly WHY random was chosen.

My post is better than yours NO your wrong Mine is better than yours. There is no place for bickering .

The contest was NOT botched it was handled fairly and with out any form of Bias what so ever.

As for random choices honestly the Vast MAJORITY of modern contests are chosen Random / pseudo random.

Every post in the thread was read in it's entirety. NONE were skipped not even those by other event hosts.

I am sorry if you dis like or disagree with the results. however FAIR IS FAIR LIKE IT OR NOT!

EDIT: Sorry if I sound harsh in my response. My point is still valid. The contest was judged as fairly as humanly possible.

Still not a contest, you can keep my prize I don't want it. Don't label it a contest if its not one.

A judging staff could have easily been assembled, especially for something like this. I for one would have been happy to help.

I don't get the point why people are entering anything with the reckon that they will win. It sounds very conceited and overbearing by you Starman.

I personally love such a decision they did. Written things are so hard to decide about because everyone has his own opinion and preferences. If you can't 'loose' (you didn't lost) you should probably do your own events with a single participant ... yourself.

As I said already thanks a lot to GOKUPP and the other Event Hosts for their effort.

I don't get the point why people are entering anything with the reckon that they will win. It sounds very conceited and overbearing by you Starman.

I personally love such a decision they did. Written things are so hard to decide about because everyone has his own opinion and preferences. If you can't 'loose' (you didn't lost) you should probably do your own events with a single participant ... yourself.

As I said already thanks a lot to GOKUPP and the other Event Hosts for their effort.

I would have at least liked to have seen how my entry stacked up against others so I could see where I went wrong. I entered this as a writing exercise not as some lighthearted giveaway. If its not a "contest" don't label it as one. I didn't think I would win, rather I thought this would be a ranked contest. For me to think I would win is a foolish assumption, rather I merely thought I would be at least placed. Setting yourself up for victory also sets you up for anger if you lose, so I never try to do that. Honestly I could have cared less where I was placed, but the fact that I wasn't placed at all is what makes me angry.

Literary journals work in a similar fashion where people get together and vote on what should be put in and what shouldn't be. It wouldn't have been too hard to organize something like that.

And even if the top entries were too close to call, two of the top ten entries could have been randomly chosen rather than drawing from everyones.

I don't like such a vote system, because it can be bypassed easily. People always try to boost their likes e.g. as an additional criteria to trade with. Something like 'I will give you a discount on this item if you like my post'. Also it is obviously that in this case people will win which have much contributed to the community because they are well known guys so they have much more 'groupies' :)

I don't like such a vote system, because it can be bypassed easily. People always try to boost their likes e.g. as an additional criteria to trade with. Something like 'I will give you a discount on this item if you like my post'. Also it is obviously that in this case people will win which have much contributed to the community because they are well known guys so they have much more 'groupies' :)

I see your point, but I think including people from all corners of the forums on the theoretical voting staff would diminish this chance. Even then the staff could have avoided this by just going through each entry and voting whether or not each was a quality post. All of the "quality" entries could then be entered into a drawing for prizes. I think that would have been a much better way to do things.

I suppose people would have been left wondering as to why/why not theirs was chosen as a quality post, but I would think it would be obvious why if enough people voted for theirs.

If there was some way to make each entry anonymous that would have been a plus too.

I can't change what has already happened here, but I would be happy to see different "contests" in the future.

Congrats to all the Winners! Use them wisely!

~

uhmm I stopped playing after the final event so I don't really care about the results, I just did it for fun and bored..ness, but I have to be honest and agree with starman, this was more of a Giveaway than a contest.

I also got the impression that it was going to be judged based on this part of the post, so I do understand why some people who put a lot more effort in writing long essays about their experience to be not happy about the results:

With the end of the Trendy-sponsored PC Community events for DD1 approaching we decided to see what your most memorable moment in the events was.

There will be 2 grand Prize winners chosen by the event team. Each grand prize winner will get 1 of the host only items we choose who gets witch one.

Still though, I think having it random based was a better choice as its fairer for everyone and theres no bias in terms of judging, but it should have been mentioned in the post.

Hi Starman, just to say that english is not the first language of everyone here in the forum, so i'm REALLY glad they didn't choosed by quality, that wouldn't have been fair at all... :/

GOKKUP i don't have internet actually, i'm posting with my phone, can i grab my price later? (around 5 march i hope)

Thanks a lot to the event team and gratz to all the winners !

Sweet. Thx to the events team,map makers, trendy, my friends, my kids(esp my son who ran events w me) and everyone who plays this game. Long live dd1

I agree that a contest suggests that there are guidelines by which posts would be chosen but the specifics on how they would be chosen were not specified. A contest of luck has been the basis of how we have received the rewards from a game we have enjoyed. I am sorry to see some didnt enjoy it. I really enjoyed reading all of the posts. Thanks to the events team for giving the community another way to enjoy the game by sharing our stories.

Starman,
If you are not happy with your reward then you are welcome to have mine. Enjoy.

Hi Starman, just to say that english is not the first language of everyone here in the forum, so i'm REALLY glad they didn't choosed by quality, that wouldn't have been fair at all... :/

GOKKUP i don't have internet actually, i'm posting with my phone, can i grab my price later? (around 5 march i hope)

Thanks a lot to the event team and gratz to all the winners !

That is no problem at all.:squire:

I agree that a contest suggests that there are guidelines by which posts would be chosen but the specifics on how they would be chosen were not specified. A contest of luck has been the basis of how we have received the rewards from a game we have enjoyed. I am sorry to see some didnt enjoy it. I really enjoyed reading all of the posts. Thanks to the events team for giving the community another way to enjoy the game by sharing our stories.

Starman,

It's my bad on the wording in the Steam message I called it a contest.

The actual post until the prize phase was ended never actually called it a contest just a chance to win.

This was meant to be a Chance to win NOT a full on knockdown drag out competition.

I miss spoke in a Steam announcement I am human Deal with it gang!

This is exactly why random was fair.

Penalizing players due to grammar or spelling weaknesses would not be fair!

Not every player has English as there first language.

Also not every player has the same level of education.

Pitting a college English professor against a 12 year old non native English speaker and expecting the same quality of work to be presented would be ludicrously UN fair.

As far as players always complaining about getting "ONLY A CUBE" Please do try to remember that Cubes are rewarded only once per Steam account!

Thus they are still in spite of becoming an absurd currency significantly rarer than an average item drop.

We have more items as well as my having more cubes in stock as well. We will be at some point in time distributing them in some way shape or form of OUR choosing.

So please keep your eyes open and you may at some point obtain some more items gang.

Yay!!!. More chances to win something. I look forward to it Gokupp. Thanks.

Yay!!!. More chances to win something. I look forward to it Gokupp. Thanks.

Your quite welcome:squire:

I am in steam chat now since I have some free time. Probably only going to be in today for an hour or 2 but feel free to stop by for your item gang.

Thank you Gokupp for your time again.

Everyone will have read the original post differently but I just thought this was a nice chance to share some funny short stories. I enjoyed reading them all as so many reminded me of some of my own early experiences.

Starman,

Thanks for the offer ddace, I appreciate it; but I don't really need it. You should give it to someone who does (or keep it if that appeals to you) =).

I am sure I will have plenty of other opportunities to win event items (according to gokupp's post).