Opposite Gender Return

Not sure if this has already been posted or not, but is there a possibility for the return of the opposite genders in DD2?
Even if a DLC after launch.

Right now, the only heroes in DD2 are the 4 main heroes. I would be great to hear what you liked and didn't like about them.

Between genders, didnt like:
Massive differences in runspeed
Massive differences in health.
In fact any differences except visually. Choice of aestethics should not be hampered by performance.

Between classes, didnt like:
monumental differences in HP(/EHP/mitigation). While it is frequently true that melee are more in the reach of enemies, ranged get hit with **** too. Its not like the enemy makes exceptions for them - folding like a paper hat under a hippo is not fun. Same for runspeed, being way too slow compared to teammates is very detrimental to fun.
Huge differences in damage scaling. Melee should all scale the same, ranged should all scale the same, though melee and ranged should not necessarily scale equally.

Liked: looks. Big thumbs up to the sky captain, super job, but running animation is complety mistuned, bobbing up and down painfully fast, way faster than gravity would permit, tbh looks like it should result in almost instant concussion and 'boxer brain'. Big fan of the mermaid countess too. And the indian and angel huntress skins, and monk ninja+conquistador skin. Summoner. Apprentice santa skin.
The 4 default skins we good, except the LACK OF PANTS squire. Srs, had to get the countess because of that and his horrid runspeed.

Didnt like the huntress and apprentice 'legendary' skins, monk one was so-so. And the legendarys felt far too large in general, making them feel slow and unable to jump according to their size.

What I didn't like:
I'd have to agree largely with Tydo's point about runspeed. Differences between genders and some classes were simply ridiculous. Worst offenders: Base Squire and Base adept. It's no fun to get a skin simply to improve the runspeed. Otherwise people would hardly have bothered with their squires looking like Mitt Romney.

I actually liked the Idea of different classes separated by gender, but it should have changed their defenses as well, not just abilities. This way it was a bit of an overpriced skin package.
Small stat changes would have been interesting, not necessarily well balanced and people would've argued for hours which was better, but hey. So for example: More charges for the ranger's traps, but less range. Initiate, more range for her auras, but a little less rate.

In terms of what I really liked:
1) My monks never were anything but ninjas, from the moment the first halloween update hit. I loved the way they moved, the sommersault jump, the way they used their weapons, it was just awesome. All other skins felt a bit boring in comparison.
2) I actually liked the attack animation/combo of the countess more than the squire. Her overhead swing was a nice touch and made her less "lawnmower" than the squire's attacks (base skin).
3) The huntress skins which weren't too sexy, Native Princess and Santa's Helper. She was way to sexxed up in some skins. To quote a friend: "The traptress skin looks like it was designed by a pedophile." The huntress as she is in DD2 would be an awesome batgirl, but back then... it was just kinda weird. Same for the angel costume. Witch was okay.
4)Apprentice: Mummy skin, Vampire Skin, GW skin. I really liked the creativity on those. Especially how the hat always managed to stay too big for the apprentice's head.
5) Summoner. Hands down, my favourite character. Both skins, the animations (especially the books with the floating runes) and the way they were similar yet very different (flying motion!) was simply great. Not to mention his minions. I would have loved if they had been not just the enemy in crystal shape, but hey, having a (actually a few) big bright green ogre on my side, nothing beats that.
6) EV. Another great package of animations (her reloading animation was cool, which says it all) and brilliant abilities and defenses, although I can say I have only ever used the decoy about 10 times. I also have to mention her sound package. The clanking sound she made while running - brilliant.
7) Barbarian. Great overall package again, all brilliantly mashed together (except maybe lightning stance, which nobody I know ever used). Only negative: Kinda clichéd.

Actually that was one thing I really liked about the MOBA. The imaginative characters with their wondrous abilities and backgrounds! What was the guy who basically sat on a big robot? He was my favourite.

• 1 year later...

I like the idea of giving a player a gender option that doesn't affect the performance of a class. A lot of my favorite characters from DD1 were the opposite gender of what they originally were.

@DeadAsh745 quote:

I like the idea of giving a player a gender option that doesn't affect the performance of a class. A lot of my favorite characters from DD1 were the opposite gender of what they originally were.

necropost.jpg

So you say that "necroposting" is bad...others say not to post something that already has a thread...I think I'll go with the one that makes sense and use a meme in place of logic. This is legitimately something I want to see implemented and this is the best place to make that point. Now back to the topic at hand, like adults.

I'd be more for new classes that are specifically Male or Female (Different races/creatures?) so that each can have their own personality instead of just a re-model and sell it. Warframe does this right, and while the same question has come across for gender switching option for each Warframe, people still settled on every new character is different. Which is probably why Fighting games and MOBA games thrive with diverse characters.