Councillors! What would you be willing to pay for?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do they sell this stuff? pay shop in-game or is it on a website?

You buy packs of points on the website or through amazon. Then you can purchase the effects or stash tabs in the game with they points you purchased. Works decently well enough.

Stash tabs I don't like the sounds of. Maybe if you get the original 250 slots for items and then have to pay for more, that'd be cool but I would hate to only have like 2 tabs of 12 slots each and have to spend $15-$20 just to get 150 more slots. Yea that's not a bad idea.

Stash tabs I don't like the sounds of. Maybe if you get the original 250 slots for items and then have to pay for more, that'd be cool but I would hate to only have like 2 tabs of 12 slots each and have to spend $15-$20 just to get 150 more slots. Yea that's not a bad idea.

Oh Trendy would have to adapt it of course. They could set up your inventory to hold 200 items and let you pay to add increments of 100. Or they could start your shop with 20-30 item slots and let you pay to unlock more. This gives players who want to invest small advantages, but keeps the game mostly true to itself.

I like the 200 items to begin with more than the 30. It just seems like bullying to drop it so low. That's just my opinion and you are right, it's up to Trendy to adapt it. It would be nice though to be able to expand the stash for the purposes of AFK shops and/or Auction House... whatever happens with that.

Really saddening that cash-shop is even being discussed as possible for DD2. Please do not ruin the game by bringing in a cash shop, and for the love of whatever deity(s) you may or may not revere, do not even consider P2W.

Really saddening that cash-shop is even being discussed as possible for DD2. Please do not ruin the game by bringing in a cash shop, and for the love of whatever deity(s) you may or may not revere, do not even consider P2W.

It really depends on what is in the cash shop though, right? I mean just because a game has a cash shop doesn't mean it will ruin the game. It is the products sold that would. Why are you against this? what don't you want to see in a cash shop?

It really depends on what is in the cash shop though, right? I mean just because a game has a cash shop doesn't mean it will ruin the game. It is the products sold that would. Why are you against this? what don't you want to see in a cash shop?

Because in almost every situation (I've yet to see a time where this isn't the case), the cash shop consists of things that would otherwise be there already. Limited storage? Contrary to popular belief, (and what blizzard would have you believe, *cough d3 stash*), it doesn't take much to store data, especially something as simple as items in relation to a characters storage. Yes I know DD1 had some upper limit, but you could hold a pretty large amount. And I know that storage isn't the only thing often sold, but the same situation applies to nearly everything else. Costumes/Skins? Why can't I just earn those myself?

Some clarification, I am NOT against paying for more content. I.E. DLC / Expansions. But for stupid little things that should be there anyway, why the crap should I, as a player, be limited because of a cash shop? I would much rather buy the game, and enjoy the crap out of it, without some shop there to buy basic game play features.

Very good points. I agree. I just think that a cash shop should only sell stuff that looks cool and little added benefits to non-game play features.

In LoTRO (Lord of The Rings Online) you have to spend money just to use an in-game auction house that only uses in game currency. So you spend $$ to make in game gold... that is easy to generate. I think that is a crime. I agree with you a bunch and you definitely swayed my thinking on Stash Slots being sold in a cash shop. Screw that.

If it is only cosmetic items to be sold then maybe there should not be a cash shop at all. Maybe they could just have a button "Change appearance" on the hero specs screen and it will open a web site that is the DD2 shop so you can buy ex-pacs and skins there.

I have no problem with DLCs, but an ingameshop, would not be cool. If I play a game I normally want everything from it bought, like in DD were you can easily buy all content, for a fair price. I do not want to spend money every month or day. I want DLCs, but no ingame shop
g Postea

I have a feeling that Trendy is setting up the Hero deck to have additional slots bought with real money. I don't think this is a good idea either. I am hoping they will just unlock as you progress through the game (please PLEASE be opened with progress).

Cash Shop's aren't necessarily bad. It ultimately decides upon how Trendy wants to implement everything. We can't have this fantastic RTS-RPG game for free with no support.

In my opinion, here's how I would like a Cash Shop to be setup:

Sell Cosmetic items, emotes, any sort of "Limited Edition" item for reasonable prices.

Have Bundles, because who doesn't like bundles?;

[Bundle Name Here] - $[Price Here]
[Description Here]
[Included Content Here]

Bundles, in my mind, should work like this: Include enough content to justify spending x dollars so that people would be more inclined to buy it. This ultimately will separate who is going to support the game, and who's going for a free ride (no offense to anyone who is unable/doesn't want to spend money on a game).

Here's an example:

Scraggy Desert Bundle - $7.99
In the Scraggy Deserts, just south of Etheria, lay an eternal sand filled quarry. Lying in wait, however, is the Genie King's Father awaiting to exact his revenge. Gather your friends for help to try and stop the master of the Djinns!

Scraggy Desert Bundle includes;
- Scraggy Desert Cliffside campaign map
- Scraggy Desert Crypt challenge map
- 3 new costumes for 3 different heroes (1 costume per hero)
- 1 Brand new hero called: Sand Ranger
- Also introducing a brand new enemy type, along with a brand new boss
- Includes 5 new weapons

The above is how I would like to see bundles of any kind be handled. Of course, they make a bundle with 3 or 4 heroes, or have a "Theme Pack" with a bunch of different cosmetic items for a certain class.

Limited Edition items are rather tricky, but they should be built around the current damage/max stats available on the best weapon(s)/Armor(s). This way players could still opt to farm for their item, or grab the new Limited Edition item and equip it when they can use it. The purpose to L.E items is it helps to balance out the economy as far as trading goes, and makes the in-game currency effectively cost more (i.e, think of conversion rates. Taking U.S currency and trading for Euros or Pounds.).

See I don't think there should be "bundles" per-say. I think any ex-pac needs to be all inclusive so they don't do exactly what we already brought up which is selling fragmented dlc. If they make a new quest with a hero required to beat it, then they NEED to sell them together. Only bundles I want to see is a bundle of like two dlcs and three skins for one low price. And I sure as heck don't want to see any bundles like "Buy all heroes for one price!"

I voted for the first 4 only, as they don't effect gameplay whatsoever and would be bada**. I think all of the other options create a pay to win atmosphere, which would be an enormous deterrent for me and my group of friends.

Alright, whats the ending? Which champion wins? I must not have gotten to the point where credit roll and you see that your efforts haven't been in vain. You obiously save some damsel... Caitlyn? Or is it Ashe? maybe Teemo, that ugly midget... Please tell me the ending. Tell me how playing a PvP game has an ending.
I mean, there are lots of runes to collect and rune pages to buy, that cost tons. You will have sufficient amounts without paying only after like 500 hours. That's what I mean.

• 4 weeks later...
As Lummy said, this thread is relevant and the top one I saw. I am in favor of a League of Legends style-ish cash shop, since Trendy has said this is a Free To Play game. I personally think that the free to play gamer should have the ability to get everything in game that affects game balance without spending a dime. For example, a F2P gamer starts out with the initial four heroes, and Trendy releases the Summoner. The Summoner should cost, let's say X mana, this should be set by Trendy as I have no idea how to price in game currency as of yet. However, he costs $10 (base price for all heroes, or $5, in my opinion), so there is a way to get him through real currency and in-game currency.

I do think that the main money maker for Trendy should be through cosmetic features, such as giving all the initial four heroes a opposite gender skin. That costs $5, or a price that is reflective of the work that went into it. The Frostfire Tower could get a skin that shoots green flames, or purple, that costs $5. Something extra that doesn't overtly affect game balance.

I am personally fully against minor map packs. I would prefer seeing ALL maps being able to played by everyone, but I know that may not be the case. If it were to have map packs, I would prefer them in a expansion style "bundle", so that it feels like its adding more content.

If we were to look at another game for comparisons, I would actually say look at Dungeons and Dragons Online. It is relative fair for using dungeons. Converting this to DD2, I would say that if a person owns a map (or x-pac), then they have Guest Passes which they can use to give other people access to that map with them. (Personally, I rather have it so only one person has the map and everyone can play on that map with them, but not on their own.) This would work better in my opinion because it makes it so that the players that don't spend money on the game can access all the features of the game without having to pay a cent.

The cosmetics and heroes could cost from 5-10$ or even more, but they should have at least occasional sales. From 25 to 75 percent off of some item every day or something.

So, I never want to see any boosts like exp boosts.

My two cents:

1. Let us BUY the game with a "Season Pass" for perhaps 25 Euro. This will include story-based DLCs.

2. Let us buy costumes - I am fine with that.

3. Let us BUY a limited edition for 40-45 Euro, including the game itself with the "Season Pass" AND the suggested joke weapons you can begin with. Make the limited edition really limited (available for a specific time).
I don't have other Limited Edition options now. Perhaps one extra costume for every character.

4. Let us buy extra maps that don't belong to the story. Let people which did not buy the maps join the game anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't agree with limiting maps to buying. If you sell maps I would treat them like league champions and allow your in game currency to buy them as well. Especially if you follow the discount over time pricing they have currently.

The problem with selling stash tabs is how you go about it. In marvel heroes I felt gazillion was incredibly money grubbing. They gave you like 100 total item spots then added a ton of things you need to constantly collect like runes and if you don't have enough characters to use them all the relics. This is in an rpg diablo style clone. They also charge outrageous prices like 5$ for a stash tab. I would of been fine if they went the mcdonalds route and offered them for .99cents I mean they have like 45 tabs you can buy and a new one comes out with each new hero. This is on top of the standard dota / lol style of cosmetic skins and champions. Even the mcdonalds way still feels slightly money grubbing but it is at least tolerable. I quit marvel heroes because I'm not dropping 25$ for what should be the base amount of space. I was fully about to buy a storm skin until I noticed all the little ways their game is set up to grub up your cash.

Personally dota2 and league are the only games that got f2p right. A lot of games sell direct items or random lottery style things that can have good loot in them. When I first started playing league I thought they were suckers. I fully planned to play the game with out spending a cent. Over time I broke down and bought my first couple of favorite skins to support how awesome their game was. Now I keep about 20$ worth of riot points on my account to gift to friends or To buy a new skin on sale that I really love the look of. I put 20$ in about 3 times a year. Mostly in December. I never bought a single thing in any other f2p game ever.

World of warcraft released the revenue of one of their pets they were selling for charity back during wotlk. Their take after giving to charity was like 2million dollars in one weekend. How do they get away with a subscription still. Crank out mounts and pets once every couple of months and remove the subscription. I would still play wow if they did that.

I don't see buying maps as being any different than the Lost Shards pack for DD1. You cannot host a map you don't own, but you can join a random game in progress. As for purchasing Heroes, I would again refer to the original DD model. Available free during the first week of release, periodically bundled together with other stuff as a Pack, otherwise available for single purchase in the realm of $2-5 USD.

The only thing I am very keen to see handled extra-carefully is XP boosts. If a player can boost his first Hero, he will be lacking critical knowledge and skills that comes from leveling normally (learning the game), leading to all kinds of trouble. If XP boots are available, make them locked until the player has at least 1 or 2 Heroes at max level.

Exp Boosts for me. As a general rule, I am adverse to there being items in F2P games that end up making it a Pay to Win style of game, for example, exclusive armor/weapons that make the game a lot easier, but only if you pay for it.

I have split out how I view each one, as each have possibilities.

Yes

• Hero Skins - Purely Cosmetic. Lets players add value and personalize their characters.
  • Tower Skins - Purely Cosmetic. Lets players add value and personalize their towers.
  • Cosmetics (Hats, armguards, etc...) - Once again...Lets players add value and personalize their characters. I also think these should be tradeable (but not the other two.)
  • Exp Boost/Other - Yes. This game is PvE. If I buy an experience boost and I only play solo, it affects no one. If I buy an experience boost and I play with others, it is only a positive effect for others. I know there are concerns with people using it and not knowing how to play their character, but that is a completely separate issue. This happens in DD1 and it isn't because of experience boosts. At this point, you are not in any kind of direct competition with another player, so there is no way that this gives them an unfair advantage.

Yes With Concessions

• Hero Animations/Attack Animations - If you mean custom taunts/emotes, then yes. Actual attack animations, no. This could most definitely affect gameplay as attack animations could be faster, longer, etc.
  • Maps - Yes, but also make them obtainable in-game. Since this game is F2P (haven't heard different yet), placing additional maps behind a Paywall both splits the community and in the end doesn't make it actually F2P.
  • Heroes - For the most part, same as above. To place this solely behind a paywall will once again limit anyone who is considered F2P. It would be like playing an MMO and only being able to select certain classes unless you pay (Yes, I've seen it done and yes...it sucks.)

Rather Not

• In-game Currency - Most games that try to implement this never are able to use it for what they really want. It is always a balancing act between people trying to abuse it and making it still be relevant (especially in late game maps.)

No

• Weapons - No. Nope. Nada. HOWEVER - Weapon skins/color options could be cool.
  • Limited Edition Items - I'd rather see these gameplay related.

Here's another idea:

- Item Renaming

In DD1 when you fully upgraded a weapon you had the option to name it. One service I'm sure people would be willing to pay for would be the ability to rename it again later. Spelling mistakes or better name idea or whatever. 50 cents to rename an item? I'd pay that.