Sign in to follow this  
GOKUPP

Most memorable event moment and a chance to win item rarer than Armguards of EARTH!

My only memorable moment was from the last event, the only one I participated in...it was watching GoKupp never dying during the antihero and monk fights, while I would get melted by fire in all of about 5 seconds.

This last event is definitely my most memorable. I'm a bit late in really getting into the game, and I missed all the previous events. But this one was a lot of fun, and I got to practice and play with some friends. Thanks to everyone who made it possible.

I would have to say that my most memorable event experience was during the halloween event- Halloween spooktacular 3.

I had come into the event with no knowledge of the map at all, and similarly not much experience with building at that point in general. As a team my group had decided to build in the middle. So we ended up with a conglomeration of buff beams, minions, walls, harpoons, auras, the usual culprits of mob destruction, in the middle. Once everything was built my team simply sat there and upgraded the towers while chatting away. The discussion eventually wandered over to the discussion of armguard prices, at which point I wondered how much my lightnings were worth. I was told that they were probably worth around 25 cubes at the time... so I decided to auction them. Well, more or less I was convinced to auction them by the combined efforts of barehugs and another member of my team whose name I forgot. They told me all about the prices and market situation and We won (thanks to them for carrying me lol!). I claimed my reward and wrote up my WTA thread.

The significance was not really that I decided to sell my armguards, but that I experienced the honest and respectable portion of the community. This was back when hacking and scamming was blowing up, the dungeon defenders community was quite honestly a hopeless mess. With all the accusations I was seeing on the forums I had serious doubts about it. However, the admirable group that I ran with for this event restored my faith in the community. Quite honestly if it wasn't for barehugs my thread would've gone over the edge. People kept claiming that I had hacked the armguards, but barehugs vouched for me. If my faith in the community had not been restored by that event and the people I met, I would probably not be typing this here today.

On the basis of that story I encourage all players to act with honesty and with the good of the community in mind when participating in an event. Everyone was a noob at one point, everyone deserves respect, and everyone deserves an honest answer.

This is not event, but I found it the most memorable:

On the Trendy Friday Fun streams, there was user named "kimmy gibblers ****" who would participate the chat. Whenever Icearrow was there, he could never bring himself to say their full user name and would giggle like a schoolgirl.

My best memory and the most excitement I ever got playing events would have to be the Star Race. I was late in finding out about events (even having the game since almost release) and I was so excited to be involved in another race. With the top 10 winners getting a rainmaker, I was driven to practice and practice until I felt like I could do it. After I felt like I had plenty of practice I remember hosts saying what the best time was for the race and all my confidence went away. With no surprise the internet has, there is always someone faster than you, in that case way faster. I though I had no chance of getting the amazing rainmaker. I remember that it was Siimon_Sama that hosted the event and so it began. It was the most amazing thing ever, I hit all the gates just like I wanted, took the fastest lines I knew and finished with a time of 407. I was happy for that time, it was the fastest time I got. Once they posted the results I couldn't believe my eyes, I WAS 9TH!! The people in the room over thought something had happened, but no, I was just very excited to actually do what I though was outside of arms reach. With all the events I participated in, that will forever be my best memory.

My most memorable event moment as definitely getting Amor (the event pet I designed). It was the best feeling to have something special in game with my name on it. I told Eagle to make it as big and he can and it ended up being massive which was amazing. Its been my primary pet ever since.

Close second is definitely the Princess Quest event, it was by far the funnest and funniest event ever, the dialogue, the ogre princess, the wedding, it was sooo funny and witty and unexpected, its one of the few event maps that I did over and over. Props to Daniel Sound for always making awesome maps.

My most memorable event moment as definitely getting Amor (the event pet I designed). It was the best feeling to have something special in game with my name on it. I told Eagle to make it as big and he can and it ended up being massive which was amazing. Its been my primary pet ever since.

Close second is definitely the Princess Quest event, it was by far the funnest and funniest event ever, the dialogue, the ogre princess, the wedding, it was sooo funny and witty and unexpected, its one of the few event maps that I did over and over. Props to Daniel Sound for always making awesome maps.

Those map makers never stop amazing me.

Daniel/ Mischief /Alhanalem/ Bamboo Bear/ Commish.

Even Eagle got in on the action!

Don't worry Simon my friend I did not forget you.

Simon Sama's Star Race was such an epic first map.

You have all done such amazing work my friends.

Those map makers never stop amazing me.

Daniel/ Mischief /Alhanalem/ Bamboo Bear/ Commish.

Even Eagle got in on the action!

Don't worry Simon my friend I did not forget you.

Simon Sama's Star Race was such an epic first map.

You have all done such amazing work my friends.

Yeah, I feel the final event had a bit of everything in it too. I didn't know Bamboobear made maps tho.

Hopefully they'll continue making event maps in DD2, trendy needs to hire them or something.

Yeah, I feel the final event had a bit of everything in it too. I didn't know Bamboobear made maps tho.

Hopefully they'll continue making event maps in DD2, trendy needs to hire them or something.

Bamboo was the originator of Lord Vile's Arena.

Then Daniel and her worked there magic together in making it ever so awesome.

She also helped with other maps with miscellaneous this and that's like monster placements.

I'm sure I'm leaving something out.

She does great work Bamboo is just the quite type...

Any one who likes the image I found it with a simple online search for ninja panda.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=ninja+panda&FORM=IQFRBA&id=12990ACC72ACC3532E822082FAB75C13B6947448&selectedIndex=0[[4377,hashtags]]=detail&id=12990ACC72ACC3532E822082FAB75C13B6947448&selectedIndex=0

My most memorable event moment was the last event. We started off by killing the crystals in less than 5 minutes, then someone g'ed up early and we instantly lost.

Bamboo was the originator of Lord Vile's Arena.

Then Daniel and her worked there magic together in making it ever so awesome.

She also helped with other maps with miscellaneous this and that's like monster placements.

I'm sure I'm leaving something out.

She does great work Bamboo is just the quite type...

Any one who likes the image I found it with a simple online search for ninja panda.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=ninja+panda&FORM=IQFRBA&id=12990ACC72ACC3532E822082FAB75C13B6947448&selectedIndex=0[[4377,hashtags]]=detail&id=12990ACC72ACC3532E822082FAB75C13B6947448&selectedIndex=0

oh wow, she used to host me for most of the events that I did so I talked to her a lot and she has never mentioned that, I know shes close with Daniel and test out his maps but she never mentioned being that much involved with them. Thats awesome that she did all that work, and more awesome that she doesn't try to get credit for them.

oh wow, she used to host me for most of the events that I did so I talked to her a lot and she has never mentioned that, I know shes close with Daniel and test out his maps but she never mentioned being that much involved with them. Thats awesome that she did all that work, and more awesome that she doesn't try to get credit for them.

Bamboo is very quite and layed back but gets the job done with the best of them.
Hence the walk softly and carry a big stick reference from the panda picture.

Once again 2 thumbs way up for all the map makers its amazing what this team of talented people have cooked up.

If you all have enjoyed the event maps check out the Steam Workshop.

There are so many great maps from countless talented people just waiting to be played.

One of my most memorable moments in Dungeon Defenders is probably when I first was bought the game. I was playing along two of my brothers, and it was probably one of the very best and memorable moments for me, one that has never been matched by any other moment in this game.

We are now Cutting off the Contest Portion of the thread.

Any posts from here on will not be entered in the contest.

We will choose the winners and post soon.

Keep those Memories flowing though always great to hear them

we are now cutting off the contest portion of the thread.

Any posts from here on will not be entered in the contest.

We will choose the winners and post soon.

keep those memories flowing though always great to hear them

Good Luck!

My favorite event to host was the quick sand event on summit. I remember just standing behind many players as they summon a tower and I would sell it before they could even turn around.
Had several bring out a squire in build phase, lay some slice and dice, switch characters and begin wave. Needless to say the squire towers were sold in a matter of seconds lol.
Good times, most of the players had some really good laughs in that event.

Most memorable event moment and a chance to win item rarer than Armguards of ...

My most memorable event pn PC was probably the halloween event, because it's was the first times that I was really participating in an event as a "good player" Because on previous events, I was a noob on PC xD so I did'nt really helped my teams :/ But on the halloween event, I did helped and I'm really proud that we won :3

Sent from the depths of my mind

It was my first event that i did, I belive the second one. It was in the polbius series, and I set up at least 50 harpoons, and 100 archers aswell as buff beams. The best part was the lab, all the lab in the world was on that map that day. So wonderful that was, worth the item though haha Barehugs was my host and she/he was so helpful and kind. Made me even more supportive to the community

One thing that always warmed my heart, with regards to the events, was how much we all truly enjoyed being part of them. No matter how often or infrequently they occurred. Whether we were hosts, content makers, or entrants. On one side, it was our map maker spending every waking minute of their week to get a map up in time. Refusing to simply "phone one in," because they took pride in what they were making. It was gonna bring joy to them and to the community; it had to be the best it could be.

Then it was our Trendy Community Team taking time out of an already-hectic schedule to make special reward items for us. They weren't just performing their job; they love this game and this community just as much as the rest of us. They are PART of the community, and that's part of why we're so strong. They went above and beyond the call. Trendy as a whole is a unique example in the gaming field, from the programmers to the artists to the community and PR teams. It shows.

And after all that: it was the players practicing the map all weekend so they could be sure to win when the big day finally came (to be hosted.) Even when winning was not a requirement to get the reward item, people would practice their hearts out anyway. There were a number of times where Steam connection issues forced us out of a lobby right before the end of the stage. The host would say how people had earned their items by getting that far, and were welcome to come pick them up in Ranked mode. And most of the time, you know what the players would say in response? "I wanna beat this map! We were so close, and I know we can do it!"

There are many cynics who used to say that people only came to the events for the special reward items, etc. Plenty of times this was true, sure. In an open forum, you'll always find plenty of that sort. Most of the time time, however, the reward item was simply the icing on top. The cake itself: it was the camaraderie and fun we shared playing these unique stages and meeting new people every week. We will carry that forever, and this community will never fade away. ^_^

One thing that always warmed my heart, with regards to the events, was how much we all truly enjoyed being part of them. No matter how often or infrequently they occurred. Whether we were hosts, content makers, or entrants. On one side, it was our map maker spending every waking minute of their week to get a map up in time. Refusing to simply "phone one in," because they took pride in what they were making. It was gonna bring joy to them and to the community; it had to be the best it could be.

Then it was our Trendy Community Team taking time out of an already-hectic schedule to make special reward items for us. They weren't just performing their job; they love this game and this community just as much as the rest of us. They are PART of the community, and that's part of why we're so strong. They went above and beyond the call. Trendy as a whole is a unique example in the gaming field, from the programmers to the artists to the community and PR teams. It shows.

And after all that: it was the players practicing the map all weekend so they could be sure to win when the big day finally came (to be hosted.) Even when winning was not a requirement to get the reward item, people would practice their hearts out anyway. There were a number of times where Steam connection issues forced us out of a lobby right before the end of the stage. The host would say how people had earned their items by getting that far, and were welcome to come pick them up in Ranked mode. And most of the time, you know what the players would say in response? "I wanna beat this map! We were so close, and I know we can do it!"

There are many cynics who used to say that people only came to the events for the special reward items, etc. Plenty of times this was true, sure. In an open forum, you'll always find plenty of that sort. Most of the time time, however, the reward item was simply the icing on top. The cake itself: it was the camaraderie and fun we shared playing these unique stages and meeting new people every week. We will carry that forever, and this community will never fade away. ^_^

Yes!