Sign in to follow this  
GOKUPP

Most memorable event moment and a chance to win item rarer than Armguards of EARTH!

With the end of the Trendy-sponsored PC Community events for DD1 approaching we decided to see what your most memorable moment in the events was.

Good or bad we would love to hear it.

We also have some prizes . We have cubes and old event items as part of the prize pool.

What is it you ask that could be rarer than Armguards of Earth?

On occasion there are prototypes of event items maybe an error in the item things like that.
Any surviving items are kept by hosts only and are deemed to be NEVER sold traded or given away.

These 2 items fall in to those categories.

The Care Bear pet took some work this is the prototype Care Bear.
Differences are SUPER slow attack speed and a level ZERO hero requirement!

The second item is the Dwarven Miners mask . Due to a simple miss communication .The first batch of masks had the descriptor as the name of the item. NO one person was responsible for the error it just made for a fun Host exclusive.

There will be 2 grand Prize winners chosen by the event team. Each grand prize winner will get 1 of the host only items we choose who gets witch one.

There are Currently ZERO of these items in general circulation after this contest that number shall rise to ONE of

each making it even rarer than the Armguards of Earth!

I will edit and add pictures later Steam is being a jerk at the moment and not displaying the pictures for me.

All event goers may submit there most memorable event moments regardless of platform played on.

However only PC players in good standing can obtain items for the obvious reason that you have to be able to play the game to obtain items.
Good luck one and all!

EDIT: I added the photos despite Steams objections LOL

EDIT: Keep those memories coming gang this is a great chance to spread your favorite memories and maybe win some cool swag to boot!

EDIT: Contest portion of this thread has now ended.
Keep the great Event Memories flowing

EDIT: I went over this post and realized an error in wording the give away was mistakenly labeled contest in my steam Post my bad gang.

For those not receiving "event items" as prizes fear not there will be other opportunities to obtain them some how in the future.
In spite of popular Opinion A cube is not a bad participation Prize either

Ill Start things off! my most memorable moment was when I got a steam message from Dredd wondering if I wanted to be an event host was like Christmas a thousand times over.

The event from wich i ahev the best memories is Dragon of the North.
That was a ton of fun, just hard enough to be interesting and challenging, with lots of cool stuff, a big map and a soooo badass event item ! :D
The map was long to complete but never boring, with lots of different things to do to preogress, even a boss !
So for me it's the best event map i played, without a doubt.
And i don't know if it was because the host was really cool or if for once i ran with people who didn't cared of the reward, but everybody was chatting and that's just my best event memory :)

For all the job you did, thanks a lot Event team, your hard work and creativity will be missed !

Most memerable event moment...Hmm.
I started playing events quite late so I didn't have a chance to take part in most of them but anyways:
Best moment has to be our run in tavern incursion. After countless practice runs and time spent in learning how to beat the xx_megabadass_xx old one, that bugger decides to glitch and instakill us every time we go trough the portal. Alright that wasnt too bad, lasted only like 3min. After that he decides to hide his hitboxes permanently. We couldn't do any damage on the face level :( It was so darn hilarious. And that's how rest of the game went, we dying constantly because old decided not to give us an extra party hat :D
Well, that's about it. Huge thanks to every host and who is/was part of the event team!

My most memorable moment was being able to participate in the last dd event ever as my only event ever.

Edit: When based Goku let me run in my first/only event with some people I've made friends with in the game even though based Middo already ran me.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

My most memorable moment was probably my first event, the one for armguard of poison. Just jumping from one tower to another playing the child game avoid lava was ton of fun. I really enjoyed the concept of that event and I always thought it should be revisited.

Revenge of the Turkeys was my most memorable event - They got their revenge alright, my character was poorly equipped for battle and I was more trying to flee for my life rather than attempting any assault. I was trying to conserve the Team's Lives as much as I could! Those turkeys, such nightmares.

My most memorable time was trying to find the events. Had no clue about the events until EC was all excited about the Vile Lord event and asked me if I signed up. I didnt even know about it. So sad. I finally found out where to find the event signups and the first one I signed up for was the Lava Bowl which ended up getting canceled. Got the lava cuffs still.

Then I signed up for the star race and that one got canceled. Wasnt looking good for the events. Not sure if I had just missed all the good ones and if there were going to be more. Finally more started coming and have enjoyed playing each of them. Getting a new map to try and practice on is hard to beat in my opinion. Always fun to try the next challenge.

I did go back and played many of the maps I missed. So sad to have missed so many events. So happy about the ones I did get to be a part of though. And we the freeruns group started it was fun telling new players and getting them ready to run an event for the first time.

I have been telling as many people about events since. Thank you to all the present and past members of the event teams for what you have done for the community and to Trendy for the items. The events will be greatly missed.

I think my best event memory was getting the Rockshatter. I think the host was GOKUPP.

A room. A man in the corner. Hooded and cloaked.
He tells the tale of how he obtained a gun. A Golden Gun.

That map... I tried to solo, then with a friend and we were by no means descent, was just hilarious seeing her trying to run away from a platoon of angry turkeys. So funny i had to wipe the tears away.

But then...but then... running as a group of 6 barbs all turtle stancing, we met that huge turkey in the battle. We activated our green bubbles of protective slime, and we swung our gladi as fast as our meaty Tavern Keeper arms could! Chopping away at the feathered beast, we resisted ground slam after ground slam, nibble after nibble and egg bomb after egg bomb.

And did we slay the fell beast?! You bet your *** we didn't. We got pwned.

BUT THEN! When all hope was lost! We summoned 6 jesters to our aid, and we delivered Clava and Crested magic blasts, flying pawns and melee swings at the Turkeys fugly face. We lept, strode, flew and bounced like hell around in a circle! (It was hilarious)and we brought its hp down by a chunky 1% in like 10 mins. We would have been there all day, like seriously.

BUT THEN! When even more hope was lost...we rendezvoused at GOKUPP's tavern. We drank, we laughed, we belched with merriment. We twanged our beards and adjusted our party hats, and came up with the plan of all plans! Gokupp lay down his mighty gladi, and reached for his trusty sparus! We peons chose the hero best suited to our name, and charged into that hall of heroes once more.

With the purple warmpth of a hero boost at our feet, we chopped, we sliced, we shot, we hawked, we lept, we fired, we died, we sprang, we dodged, we died, we spawned, we died, we made tea during respawns, we chopped, we drank, we ate. And then... We was out.

2 lives left, 5% hp. What to do? We have swung many a swing, and roasted many a turkey. But it was not over. The fight... Is never over. The one in front, and the one in our hearts. Slow motion I raised my hawk, the turkeys neck was exposed, the roasted victory, was all to close!!!...

But then...
I died.
:<

I watched, twiddling my thumbs. Browsing the net while I could watch no more!! Only to switch back to the game and what do I see?! 0 live, 2 men left, 1% hp. With hero boost still doing strong, sparus in hand I saw a majestic event host, lay waste to the turkey like nothing I have ever seen! We respawned, happy and merry, with another event Item fo fill our cobwebbed boxes filled with myth glads and TDPS kobolds.

In the tavern we regrouped, to drink once more! as we lined our jesters pockets with the best stat stick the game had ever seen! The glistening gold, shining in the tavern as we shot the **** out of the tavern dummies! With enough bowling balls filling the tavern, to allow Eagle to bowl for eternity.

I cried with laughter, and nearly broke my keyboard that day. I skipped dinner, and probably a birthday or 2 while watching that turkeys health drop, little by little.

So heres to you, Eagle.
Next time you bowl and it makes you smile. Think of Aero, and that good old Shatter.

The most memorable mission IMO was Dragon of the North, because it was this amazing adventure with a puzzle, a labyrinth, a boss, both fighting and building, and more. Besides, I love snow biomes.

The most memorable moment might be when I figured out how to start the Incredible Pet Race back when only the event hosts were supposed to know, I thought that was pretty sweet. ;P

My most memorable event moment was the creation and execution of the Princess Quest. To create a story/mini-rpg within the game, something that hadn't been done before, with Unique characters, dialogues, puzzles and a "Quest" to save a beautiful princess... It was a pretty awesome Event ^^ and creating it was very satisfying.

That would definitely be Revenge of the Turkeys for me... I had a horrible connection at the time and was (as usual) lagging like crazy. The first death or 2 registered for me.. normal respawn and all, but after that it appeared (to me at least) that I was running around shooting. However I noticed my available lives had dropped significantly after a while and realised that I had been dying repeatedly the whole time and not realising it because the lag was causing me to skip the respawn mechanism. Defintely a derpy moment on my part but I still managed to finish it with one life remaining :p

I didn't get to play in many pc events, but the one I remember most is Tavern incursion (I think was the name). I had no time to practice and I was so confused. I didn't die but I had no idea there was even a fight with the old one. I kept thinking to myself "where in the world is everyone going".

I'm very thankful for all the time and effort the event team and the team at Trendy put into the events.

I haven't done events for a long time - but the second polybius event (i think it was), on that crazy porting map with all of the mecha droids as the boss.

KeenJamming was hosting and I was lagging like crap to his game but couldn't see, but somehow we managed to win despite the fact that i think on every level a minion got stuck in midair and I would use a booster pad into it and die LOL

The Maze one , I can't remember the exact name but the fun of practicing to go one route in the endless maze and make your way out and face a boss was so satisfying. My 2nd most favorite of course was the Dragon of the North just because I got to play with a buddy for the first time that I met online while playing Dungeon Defenders one day who is from Canada. I also like visual art where people can create snowy and desert landscapes , so def. my favorite.

I liked Dragon of the North so much also because that was when this game was still at its peak for the start of end-game grinding at its best for the desire to get the best gear, the best weapons and grind lab assault till your bored as heck. After my resurgence in early May of 2013 I feel that Dungeon Defenders would only last a few more months before some players would maybe leave and others would come. I think you get my point now.

The disco event was by far my favorite event. No idea why but every time i think about events that is the one that comes to mind.

Last years halloween event. The new halloween spooktacular finally arrived. My mates and I were ready to jump into the action. The first part of the map was easy, however, the bosses were something else. In practice they kept obliterating us, and we practiced for hours.
Finally, through a misture of confidence and frustration, we plunged into the chat to get an admin. It was even harder getting an admin then beating the bosses, and hours seemed to go by but finally we caught one by the name of M1LLER. When we joined and saw that we had 30 lives, we beat our heads against the wall. We were practicing on hardcore mode. After we recovered, we all got ****y, with just 3 people we could get the monk down to 50% hp with 6 and 30 lives... possibilities were limitless.
M1LLER was extremely nice and joked around, told us about how he hasnt died in a few hours, boy did he jinx himself...

Huge thanks to the event admins and community helpers for all those great events, I will always keep them in mind.

My most memorable event moment was playing both The Princess Quest and Dragon of the North events. The both if them were fun to play and made me come back to see the next crazy fun things the event team had in store.

My most memorable event on PC as a player would have to be my 1st. I was but a wee lad on that fateful day when I attempted to take on Blitzkrieg. My characters were all in there 80's here on ranked. I went to open where I could port them to a 100. However, all of my gear was still trans. I got my numbers up to 2k and thought I would be fine. I built a strong defense to handle the summit and we clicked start. It took 15 minutes to build everything. 5 seconds later Dredd was saying good game and we were meeting him on ranked.

The Star Race. I had so much fun practicing for that event, my one and only event, over and over, that Rainmaker would be mine! I knew from other posts that my time would be good enough for a top 10 spot...

As one of the last to run the track, as confident as one could be, Eagle started me out and I was off to the races. Sitting at the finish line was my brand new Rainmaker... Through the first arch, through the second, snickering to myself as I see Eagle fly over my head knowing I'm lining up my first shortcut jump, only to jump too early over the open square and plummet to my death.

In the bitter silence I write: "I'm dead" only to get in response: "LOL"

Back to the tavern I go, drowning my sorrows and hoping to live another day...

My most memorable event would have to be the 2nd birthday bash event (my second community event).

Some background info: I started playing the game when me and 3 others bought the 4-pack during a Steam sale. We each decided to play one character only, and I chose to be squire. I've stuck with squire as my character of choice, and even now, more than 1 year later, my only level 100 is my DPS squire.

When I started practicing the map solo, I obviously chose to use my DPS squire (I actually had no other DPS characters at the time). After a few failures, and noticing how difficult it was (I had ~80% resists in NM and ~4k attack), I got the brilliant idea to use a fairy. And man, did it work. I could attack for a while, then block (yay 100%+ block!) and let my fairy heal me.

'This would finally redeem squire as a DPS character!', I thought (I was still very fond of squire). I thought that because the map was so difficult, people would be forced to utilize blocking and other strategies instead of just relying on pure DPS. I could imagine a team full of squires completing the assault part of the event!

When it came time to actually do the event, I was in a group where it was still only barbs and jesters besides me :(. Never mind that, I thought, surely they'll die and I can be useful! ...That didn't happen. The sheer number of people meant that clearing the area was quite easy, whether you could infinitely heal or not. The crystals were quickly destroyed, and with them, my hopes of the resurgence of DPS squires.

And to top it off, the Turkey boss 1HKO'd our crystal when it was nowhere close to it :'(

It was still a great event that I enjoyed participating in, and the community and event hosts made it even better. Of course, the reward helped too!

Great job every one!

I updated the OP to include photos of Care bear 1.0 and Miners Mask 1.0 feel free to check them out.

Remember ZERO exist in circulation so Quite the opportunity is at hand.

Remember win or lose the contest portion we all win by sharing our most memorable event moments.

Keep those memories coming gang.:squire:

Great job every one!

I updated the OP to include photos of Care bear 1.0 and Miners Mask 1.0 feel free to check them out.

Remember ZERO exist in circulation so Quite the opportunity is at hand.

Remember win or lose the contest portion we all win by sharing our most memorable event moments.

Keep those memories coming gang.:squire:

There are actually 2. I have one of each that I got from EC when he quit.