Sign in to follow this  
xFuNz

What Keeps You Playing?

For me im taking a break from this game,im at the point where farming is becoming a chore but i just want to knw what keeps u playing this game?

Friends!

This. And the fact that I'm happy with my equipment. Sure I could go out and farm my eyeballs into liquid until I was completely geared in Ult armor, but I don't really feel the urge to. The only character I'd like to boost up in Ult is my Monk, mainly because my goal for him is 10k Tower Boost :kobold: and the only other character I'd like to improve is my Barbarian. My goal for him is 2 ult++ TInkerer's Perfections in the 130-140k range.

The other thing that keeps me playing is the occasional break from nightmare with a little Insane at level 1. Such a scramble to build and survive! Well, Insane and the frequent Winter Wonderland/Crystal Dimension runs (friends are cool, ya).

I get that playing with friends is fun, but ur playing the same thing just with another person. Does playing with friends take away the boredom that comes with farming for hours?

Playing with friends or solo whilst looking for a better piece of equipment or weapon is what keeps me playing. To me DD has yet to get boring, love it more than almost any game I have ever played but I'm weird like that :)

I get that playing with friends is fun, but ur playing the same thing just with another person. Does playing with friends take away the boredom that comes with farming for hours?

That's just the thing, we don't feel like we're farming since we're not actively trying for better gear. We don't know every setup, have the best tactics or the top-tier gear, we just do challenging things for the fun of it. Plus it's hilarious to host survival and give your friends "open dibs" on anything that drops. Hilarious conversations on voice will ensue almost every single time. I just wish there were more challenging, phase-oriented boss fights in the same vein as the Old One (just without the ridiculous build up beforehand).

I don't farm anymore. I've got everything I need to play the game and I don't have 8k stats :)

The goal of it is to have fun, nothing else. If you are playing and chatting/talking with a friend then the game is more like casual than anything else.

Playing with friends while using VoIP as EagleOne said. I enjoy this as it is a great time to just relax and have fun. I hate typing to chat. So skype saves my fingers a great deal of work.

This game has a unique quality to it, in that you can always seem to get stronger. I remember when the game first came out, I thought my apprentice with 200s in his tower stats was awesome. And he was!

Fast forward to today, my apprentice has 2300-2600 tower stats, cept range, which I cut off after a certain amount. And, guess what, he's still got a long way to go.

I enjoy progression the most in RPGs, so when I've always got room to improve, I'm going to have fun getting there. If this game had level scaling, I'd soak this forum in tears and quit :P

It's rather sad, I've already got my hopes very high for a level cap increase in this patch that might be coming. More power! More! Breaks my heart to see a level 100 character not gaining experience :P

Long story short, it's the great sense of progression and continual character improvement that keeps me coming back for more.

Veto

For me im taking a break from this game,im at the point where farming is becoming a chore but i just want to knw what keeps u playing this game?

Buddy, you're just now coming off of like, what... 1000 rounds of Lab Assault? LOL Of course you're burnt. Take a few to relax and then come back and rejoin us all for some Ogre crushing, beer guzzling, co-op fun!

Buddy, you're just now coming off of like, what... 1000 rounds of Lab Assault? LOL Of course you're burnt. Take a few to relax and then come back and rejoin us all for some Ogre crushing, beer guzzling, co-op fun!

Yh lol thats true, trying out different games like Dota 2 and csgo. When im ready i will hop on DD and do more runs xD

What has kept me coming back is beating everything this game has to offer on NMHCMM ~ Solo. I have all but 12 Achievements since coming back two weeks or so ago from a 10 month brake and another few month break before that. I believe it can be done and I'm not going stop until I've accomplished my mission... Unless I'm not finished when DD2 comes out at which time I'll just play DD2 until I have everything and then come back to finish!

^.^

Delete all your gear and chars and start from scratch. The early content of DD is amazing. Endgame farming sucks.

Damn im not that bored lol. Even if i were to quit DD i will never delete or sell my stuff :\

Its pretty sad that you can't take the gear you have farmed in this 2 years with you in DD2.

So all the work you have invested in that game doesn't matter :(

Would be cool if that was gna happen, but still taking a break doesnt mean im quitting. Might be a while before i come on , counter strike and dota are really hard games. But anyways wen i feel like it i will hop on DD

Level up a fresh batch of builders in odd ways; e.g. only bonus maps (on easy or medium), challenges, etc. No classic maps!

Using fresh builders, try to break into nightmare without shopping any items.

Play permadeath; anytime your character dies, delete it and the gear they were wearing.

what keep my playing is my dd friends. once i lost a map for us cause i was laughing so hard i couldnt see. couldnt up, couldnt repair. couldnt see my eyes were all blurred from the tears rolling down my cheek. if i told u guys why i think i'd b banned from forums cause well lets just say it involved some orges, "uurg my back," and a certain movie title. face still hurts from laughing. thx to all the ppl i have met during my travels. you have made my gaming a great experience.