'G' crystal activation during local co-op

Heeeeeeeeeey!

Me and the girlfriend play splitscreen with controllers, sometimes joining in on online matches together to help with levelling.

When doing this (online match with us playing split screen), pressing 'G' to activate the crystal only activates it for one of our local characters. Anyone know of a way to get the other character activated? Its a pain, especially if playing a hosted match being run by someone with little to no patience.

Thanks!

Dan

Either go close to a crystal and press X if I remember correct or change your pad configuration at the splash screen.

XboxB from Show Hero Info into Activate Crystal :)

Either go close to a crystal and press X if I remember correct or change your pad configuration at the splash screen.

XboxB from Show Hero Info into Activate Crystal :)

Yeah I know you can activate the crystal manually, however its a pain when you're on a large NM map, repairing far off defences and the host starts spamming 'gggggggggggggggggggg'. Half the time it means that you're gonna get kicked if you don't comply within 5 seconds!

Indeed, in most cases they don't kick you if you are just saying that you are playing with a controller. At least you can change your configuration. I changed my XboxB as stated above because there was an useless feature :)

Open \Steam\SteamApps\common\dungeon defenders\UDKGame\Config\UDKInput.ini
Search for "XboxTypeS_Back" or another button of your choosing and change the Command= to "ActivateCrystal", save and close. Making it the Back button keeps from accidental key presses and keeps your other useful buttons available. Be aware that the config file will be overwritten with any new patch, reinstall or game file cache check.

This is what the line should look like:
Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_Back",Command="ActivateCrystal")

Now THAT is a cunning plan sir! We've got some new gamepads on order with multiple extra mappable buttons, so will give that a go then (we use Select quite often for swapping mana) but this should definately do the trick. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Glad I could help! Be aware though that some buttons can't be re-bound to a different command than the default. If I recall it was the triggers or shoulder buttons on an XBox controller (it's been awhile since I tried messing with them), but if you try a bind and see it's not functioning, test it on a different button first to verify that it's typed correctly.

Open \Steam\SteamApps\common\dungeon defenders\UDKGame\Config\UDKInput.ini
Search for "XboxTypeS_Back" or another button of your choosing and change the Command= to "ActivateCrystal", save and close. Making it the Back button keeps from accidental key presses and keeps your other useful buttons available. Be aware that the config file will be overwritten with any new patch, reinstall or game file cache check.

This is what the line should look like:
Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_Back",Command="ActivateCrystal")

danabnormal is right, that is cunning and very cool. Thanks for providing an alternative solution. danabnormal let us know how it goes! :)