Inventory thoughts

Hey, I've been thinking about Inventory management.

In Dungeon Defenders 1, as I made more and more characters, it became increasingly difficult to keep track of where my good loot was. Whenever I unequipped or changed a piece of loot on a character, it was dumped into the cesspool of the root folder of the inventory. The addition of folders helped mitigate things a little bit, but the process of keeping track of who had the good Tower Attack armor was tedious and confusing.

So instead of physically moving items out of our Inventory and onto our characters, why not have a little flag go active, "Equipped by X," keeping the item still in the Inventory list, easily viewable and comparable to other loot that is amassed, but easily reassigned, juggled, and traded. The player inventory screen can still show an icon of the equipped loot, for at-a-glance admiring (or snooping, as you inspect other players,) but the item would also be present in the Inventory listing, flagged to show who was using it.

This would be really really cool. :)

I think more has to be done than this, but this a good start.

How else can we improve the loot sorting problem? :) Let's get some discussion going!

How else can we improve the loot sorting problem? :) Let's get some discussion going!

I'm in for discussion!

I feel we need sorting categories like

- "Highest X stat" X being your choice of stat and shows it in descending order
- Sort via rarity
- Sort via type 1 Slot (Head, chest etc.)
- Sort via type 2 Relic (Book, ring etc.)
- Sort newest first
- Sort by value
- Show only equip-able by current character

I also feel like the old folder system can be brought back, with some changes:
- Back on controller goes up a folder instead of closing the window
- Auto Folders for Rarity, type 1 and type 2 (mentioned earlier)
- Auto folders don't interfere with custom folders

And that's all I can think of for now! It's like 36 Celsius here, dying of heat! (No A/C)

An adjustable filter as described above would be a welcome addition, especially since we do not yet have access to whatever the new social hub is going to be. On the other hand, I see this as a low priority, given that we can't view our loots until we are actually playing a map.