Special Enemy Weapon Drops

At about 15:00 in Council Session #4 Laura said something about picking up the javelin's weapon, this gave me an idea.

Why not let us pick up special enemy weapons, like Javelin Thrower drops his quiver or the Ogre drops his Mace.
These Weapons could be slightly stronger but only have say 3 uses/hits before they break (Or run out, in the case of Javelin).

It could also be used as a boss mechanic, like knocking his weapon out of his hand, picking it up and hitting him with it to stun him for a period of time.

This would allow for, say, the Squire to take out the Javelin thrower and then use the Javelin's to take out flying enemies, or anyone he wants really.
Or take down a single ogre in a group of ogres and then use his weapon to do a big chunk of damage to the remaining Ogres.

A similar mechanic existed in The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, and I don't think I ever made use of it other than novelty value. :\ It's a neat sort of extra to have, though.

while 'Heavy Weapons' sounds cool in concept, it's so situational that you'll either not bother after not too long, or it will just be another step in the boss / miniboss fight, and you'll stop thinking it's cool because you NEED to do it to kill the enemy quickly.

Heavy Weapons belong in linear Single Player games if you ask me. where you can control everything perfectly so it'll always be used correctly. that 'conveniently setup room' with the Machine Gun Turret in the middle and whatnot. etc.

I don't know about a javelin, but if I could pick up the dynamite that the kobolds drop and throw it back I would do that every time. It would also make it so that I wouldn't dread seeing them running down the lane.

I don't know about a javelin, but if I could pick up the dynamite that the kobolds drop and throw it back I would do that every time. It would also make it so that I wouldn't dread seeing them running down the lane.

Exactly! Turn the early killed kobolds into friendly artillery instead of just exploding and hitting the defence it was about to hit anyway!

On the subject of "another step in the boss", think about DD1, from memory every boss has that annoying step, when it's forced, it's a HUGE hassle (See Dragon, Kraken, Genie, Cthulu), in those bosses you can't hit the dragon while it's flying (NIGHTMARE mode he flies so far out you can't hit him with guns), you can't hurt the genie until he comes out and I don't remember Cthulu well because I never beat him, all my friends stopped playing before Aquanos.

Or other bosses like Demon Lord, Goblin Mech, Spider Queen, had similar mechanics, but they just made it easier to kill them, by stunning them and/or letting you do much more damage for a limited time.

I believe these "Heavy Weapons" would give more options, I don't believe they should be NEEDED or forced, but an added bonus to playing more strategically with your hero, like (Giraffehead) throwing kobold dynamite back into the horde to make it do damage to enemies instead, or giving the Squire a small ranged weapon to quickly throw off at aerial enemies.