Sign in to follow this  
Ice

Last Call: Making Changes to DD1

The only thing I might change about lab assault is let it drop pristine armor. Bumping up the number of survival waves would be fun and increasing the loot quality to match lab would be better than nerfing lab.

Nah, i think its good that Lab doesnt drop any Armor-Type. Shard-Maps do drop Pristine Armor very often so its fine for me. But ya, since its to way to late to nerf Lab Assault, i think the only possibility would be making Shard-Survivals more worthfully. Wich can simply be doing by bumping up the Waves to ~40 and remove generic sup/ulti Weapon-Drops (or at least they shouldnt drop that often than they do now). You know, its really annoying if you sit there in front of your PC and constantly checking the minimap for ulti dots and then they are generic huntress musketeer drops.

finally ... fix CDNMHC rewards and buff the E.weapons so they are stronger then Obsidians/Crested Eagles.

Couldn't agree more. They should be stronger than akatiti weapons.

FOR DEFINITE!!!

* App Crash on CD (made me quit the game)

* Rising Platform Glitch (Old one Raising Platform Glitch and you fall through the floor Lol)

* Mana Bank Limit (Please change it to like 100 Billion or something, something actually usable)

* Being able to re-spec items (In-case you buy something and someone has upgraded it to the full potential like an idiot or if you made a mistake with a point "I have done this to be sure of").

* The lag in Tinkerers Lab (it actually makes the map impossible to play on any spec computer!)

* Pristine Armour Pieces to be awarded in lab Assualt!

Suggestions for improvements for my game experience:

* A report Player Icon in game perhaps like under the Kick Player Button (for the delightful hackers!)

* Add Nightmare+ and if your daring making a new Difficulty tier such as something like Ultimate difficulty where the old one has literally ridiculous amounts of HP and strength so he basically one shots you I would love that :)

* Perhaps Clear the Leader boards as we all know its been overrun by hackers with astronomical scores such as 30 billion points for Deeper Well

* Make Seahorses easier to farm such as ultimate and higher because chickens don't suit

* Finally Release Moonbase

Last Notes:

I know I have ranted all over the forums about glitches and stuff and it seems many more people have witnessed the dreaded app bomb crash it is absolutely ridiculous to be honest but hopefully fingers cross you will fix it! I want to stress something could there potentially be a difficulty increase to the game keep the loot the same but just make the game harder because i'm not joking completing CD in under 20 minutes (19:23 to be precise) legitimately solo with a YouTube video to show people how on Nightmare Hardcore is a bit game breaking don't you think I want something to test my mettle.... Introduce Nightmare + or something along them lines. We all like a challenge I bet loads of people will return from a difficulty increase over new content any day that I am sure. :P Good Luck Trendy

Also Last thing
Haha, no worries :p

I just hope they will add Pristine Armor to Lab Assault, fix Minimap/Mana Bomb overflow, buff Lightning/Deadly Strike Towers and finally ... fix CDNMHC rewards and buff the E.weapons so they are stronger then Obsidians/Crested Eagles.

This would make me more than happy ^^

Couldn't agree more. They should be stronger than akatiti weapons.

They are stronger when you get one that will eventually beat an akatiti weapon that I am sure i've been trying forever to get a 520 ups E sword lol

Goblin Copters shouldn't be able to perfectly thread missiles under a reflect beam with about 1-2 feet of space between it and the minions/defenses behind it and still hit the minions/defenses. Missiles from copters should always be heading downward except in the first second of it's life. Considering they hit absurdly hard, and copters drop mega Ogres in the map, this seems like a fair tradeoff for them.

DSTs should ignore copter flares. They're an underused tower in NM, and since they're about large precise hits, giving them the ability to ignore flares like minions do would make them loads more useful.

As I was practicing WWL, I realized a great addition would be

"A DJINN IS x% FROM DESUMMONING" or a map marker showing something is being desummoned or really just some way of knowing because on big maps, one can't be everywhere at once.

Upgrades:
Currently upgrades for items are generated by this (explanatory comments in black):

curRandomValue = GenerateRandomizerValue(equipmentQuality,MaxEquipmentLevelRandomizer)*
((EquipmentType==EQT_FAMILIAR || EquipmentType==EQT_WEAPON)?randomizerMult:(randomizerMult**0.8));
MaxEquipmentLevel = Max(MaxEquipmentLevel+((curRandomValue>=0 ||MaxEquipmentLevelRandomizer.MaxRandomValueNegative == 0)
? MaxEquipmentLevelRandomizer.MaxRandomValue : MaxEquipmentLevelRandomizer.MaxRandomValueNegative) * curRandomValue,1);
A <0-1> random number (weighted by quality factors), is multiplied by a group of other factors
which decide the range in which the value can generate

if(MaxEquipmentLevel > 254)
MaxEquipmentLevel = MaxEquipmentLevel%255 + 1;

The bit causing issues(see below)[/COLOR]

The problem with this approach is that a range in excess of 254 actually increases the frequency of low upgrade items. 255 comes out as 1, 256 as 2, etc...

So if the range factors = 280, the numbers 1 through to 26 can result from two different rolls, making them much more likely. This is exaggerated by the positive weighting of the random <0-1> (ie. The chances of getting those numbers has more than doubled)

The solution that changes item generation the least is to limit the range factors.
ie. Upgrades = Random*(Min(Range,254))

If the range is less than 254, nothing is changed. If the range is greater than 254, the Min() function limits it to 254 and the quality weightings actually do their job of providing better loot :)

const UpgradeRollProtection = 254;
Setting the range limit

curRandomValue = GenerateRandomizerValue(equipmentQuality,MaxEquipmentLevelRandomizer);
Generate <0-1> random

MaxEquipmentLevel = Max(Min(MaxEquipmentLevel+((curRandomValue>=0 || MaxEquipmentLevelRandomizer.MaxRandomValueNegative == 0)
? MaxEquipmentLevelRandomizer.MaxRandomValue : MaxEquipmentLevelRandomizer.MaxRandomValueNegative)*((EquipmentType==EQT_FAMILIAR || EquipmentType==EQT_WEAPON)?randomizerMult:(randomizerMult**0.8)),UpgradeRollProtection) * curRandomValue,1);
Multiply by the range (which is limited to 1-254)

Weapons

Weapon specific stats (knockback/reload/block/charge rate) suffer from almost exactly the same issue. If the range exceeds 126, it gets rolled back down. This time, it stops in the negatives though, meaning a really nice weapon may have just become useless.

Using Block as an example (b/c it has a 50 point offset), this is the altered code

const WeaponRollProtection=126;
Set the range limit. This variable is applicable to all 4 stats

WeaponBlockingBonus = FClamp(WeaponBlockingBonus + FClamp((((curRandomValue>=0 || WeaponBlockingBonusRandomizer.MaxRandomValueNegative == 0)
? WeaponBlockingBonusRandomizer.MaxRandomValue : WeaponBlockingBonusRandomizer.MaxRandomValueNegative)*randomizerMult)
,-WeaponRollProtection,WeaponRollProtection)*curRandomValue, -WeaponRollProtection+50, WeaponRollProtection+50);
Random number is multiplied by the range (limited to 126), has any model specific bonuses added,
and is then forced back inside the allowed range (which for block = +/-126 + 50), with values >126 being limited to 126.

PS
All code is directly copied from the Uscript of my mod (ie. tested and working) and could be directly copied.

To make 254 upgrades slightly more common (ie. the first method only gives 254 on a roll of 1 which isn't common) you could make the range limit 255 and then clamp it back to 254 (making 254 equally common with full range)

Raw data

Link

I gathered 400 data points for each test. Each data point is the upgrades on a NMHC Classic's Eagle Crested Standard (used a single item so quality doesn't partially depend on the item)
- The NMOD column is completely unmodified Dungeon Defenders. The only difference between it and what most play is that it doesn't include lvl 93 and 100 ultimates seeing as the DDDK is a few patches behind.
- The YMOD column uses my altered upgrade code. That is the only difference between the two.

The Result

Unmodified Dungeon Defenders

As you can see, by far the most common upgrade levels are those less than 100. Not great for a reward with one of the highest quality modifiers in the game.

Modified Dungeon Defenders

Now that is more like it ;). Only 50 of the 400 were below the 100 upgrade mark, and the most common sector was the 200-250 zone. On top of that, it actually looks something like a bell curve, not a ramp into oblivion. You actually have nearly twice the chance of receiving a 250+ upgrade reward than getting a dud with < 100 upgrades :)

Statistical summary

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Un-modified[/TD]
[TD]Modified[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]No. Samples[/TD]
[TD]400[/TD]
[TD]400[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Mean[/TD]
[TD]134.1825[/TD]
[TD]197.605[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Median[/TD]
[TD]112[/TD]
[TD]207.5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]No. < 100[/TD]
[TD]184[/TD]
[TD]50[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Conclusion

The change doesn't result in a flood of super high upgrade items, but does make the distribution looks far less depressing...

5char

i would like more maps released on ranked. there are some fun ones on open now could u port them over

[QUOTE]DSTs should ignore copter flares. They're an underused tower in NM, and since they're about large precise hits, giving them the ability to ignore flares like minions do would make them loads more useful.[/QUOTE]

Good one - I agree.

Veto

I wouldn't mind seeing a couple more console commands available. The only one I know of is 'killme'.
A couple of suggestions are:
- 'exit' Exit the current game you are in return to the menu. This would provide a work around to the black screen on join problem.
- 'quit' Quit the game completely and return to the OS.

Last Call: Making Changes to DD1

I second CrzyRndm's suggestions.

Modulo call should be replaced with a simple >254 then becomes 254.

Edit: in my TC for testing drop limits, I made soft mana cap same as hard mana cap with no problems. Not sure if there would be server issues, but it was a trivial change. Same for tokens, I made them 2bil in TC.

Edit Edit (lol): raise character level cap to 125. But probably see variable overflow on xp.

- Allow mana token creation during Build Phases AND/OR make mana cap 2bil everywhere
- Increase floor and item box storage by 100
- Add item quality colors to the background or borders of items (see how TF2 does their backpacks nowadays) so we're not swapping to our 77/78 char to find Trans/Sup/Ult gear after farming and...
- Give Ult+ and Ult++ they're own colors, perhaps orange for + and red for ++
- Un-nerf Laser and Unicorn
- Increase scale for pets on DPS summoners
- Let us move when building? Isn't DD2 getting this?
- Make loot from mobs killed without floors beneath them automatically appear by Forge at next build phase. Really tired of seeing a Sup from a KG wyvern fall into the abyss.
- Pictures showing what reward is from each map & the wave # for each game type (camp, PS, surv)

And this is probably the most important one to me personally:
- TINKERER'S LAB - PLEASE FIX IT SO THE FRAMES DON'T GO ETCH-A-SKETCH, it's really hard to get a build rolling because of the huge issues that map has with handling eng-game builds.

EDIT: Change the Karathiki wave 35 pet to a better Djinnlet than City in the Cliffs'.

- New maps like moonbase
- max mana bank , like 10b
- ability to put all upgrade levels in one stats in any item
- We really need new maps :P
- make the rewars in all old maps better, i love play maps like magnusquarters but no one play it, the reward is so bad, the people only play maps like akatiti,KG and lab.
- Players always use the same items as chickens, cat's, obsidians and djinns.
would be nice if the old pets stay stronger such as the seahorse, laserbot, monkeys and other, and a lot of weapons such as Esword and Espear, they are strong but are outdated if compared with the others.

Srry for my english.
Thanks for read.