MS Paint Contest: Draw some loot

There's a lot of talk about loot in the office these days and it's making me very excited to see what the art team comes up with. But why should they get all the fun of creating and drawing up possible DD2 loot? That's why I'm doing an MS Paint contest! Although the winner won’t get their item in the game, they will get a Defense Council Pre-Aphla code and all the goodies that come with that like access to our Defense Council forums and a first look at the weapons we’re coming up with here at Trendy!

How do I enter?
1. Draw the piece of loot
2. Let us know if it's hero specific or it can be equipped by anyone.
3. post it here

What do I win?
You'll get a seat on the Defense Council!

The winner will be chosen by me and announced this upcoming Thursday, Jan 30.

Update: It was a tough call and I had to ask Angela for help in deciding the winner but in the end, there can only be one!

So the Winner is: prop
With his "The Spawn-Camper" Squire weapon! CONGRATS!

You all did an amazing job and it was really hard to just pick one.

Fun Fun! ;)

Here's one:

2. It's only usable by the Huntress, Because she rocks... ... ... ... :cool:
The construction is super simple and works pretty much like a paintball gun, But the projectiles are small stones and it's powered by compressed star gas instead of lousy H2CO3

aha! only the best piece of loot.

you know what it is. right? right?

it's a Santa Hat. excuse my terrible drawing skills.

Ok so this would be for the Monk class. The monk's projectile attacks would turn into wyvern fireballs when this weapon is equipped!

The miniature wyvern heads are skulls from baby wyverns. The blades are made from soft and hard iron to create the natural curving effect that we see in katanas.

Ice's Katana

Harvest from the depths of Ice's frost cave, the katana holds enough power to split the universe in half if held by ice him self, but when held by defenders its cuts and freezes foes. The katana has 4 ice spikes emerging from the side of the sword and gives off a light blue dust and glow. This can only be welded by the most intelligent defenders (Monks) and should never be put in the hands of evil.

huntress weapon called the tri charge. shoots a strait shot of plasma until it hits an enemy or goes far enough and explodes to a cone of damage

Monk fist weapon:

Using five double pronged mammoth tusks for each finger slot, the monk will practically shred through anything like butter.
The beads hanging down the weapon each symbolise a consecutive hit successfully landed, each lighting up, tallying 15 will cause an outburst increasing all attributes by 5%. It will last for 10 seconds initially, however can add 0.5 second for every hit. Now, once that 15 hit combo it hit again, the effect will stack! Only upto a maximum of 5 times. Then it cause with to go super-sayan and nuke everything around hit leaving a hairy mess of mammoth fur that also cause heavy bleed damage!

He's also going to be a more fashionable Wolverine with this weapon!

ps, I have a mac and that means no MS paint! so... I hope my entry still counts? I only spent 5 mins on it so :D

It is a pet, a DD2 logo with eyes, arms and legs!
I don't even know if there will be pets in the game, but I recycle the image I've already drawn! lol
EDIT : I just noticed that the logo changed... :/

Simple medieval gauntlets with mana gems on the back of the hands. Hands are hard :(

Could be generic hand armor, or a hand-based casting alternative for the apprentice.

Apprentice weapon. I was thinking it could work differently than conventional app. weapon. Instead of shooting projectiles, it would fire a short(ish) ranged sort of wave the passes thru enemies and each time you fire it inflicts a status effect on the enemies you hit. Maybe it could have a chance to either freeze, burn, poison, stun or knockback enemies. However there would also be low chance of shooting a healing wave that would heal and remove all status effects from all enemies and friendly heroes it hit, making it potentially VERY powerful(haveing the potential to freeze or stun whole groups of enemies) but also very risky. You dont want to be healing this guy! --> :oldone:

This is a terrible drawing and I'm not at all proud of it, but it gets the point across. (No pun intended?)
I asked my friend what to draw, and he said "A bow... Made out of swords" so that's the inspiration for this.
To be used by Huntress, any class who can wield bows. Alternatively, it may be used as a melee weapon by the Monk class by removing the drawstring and ammunition on the model, sort of like a double-sided slashing weapon.

The best sword, for the best squire!

A exciting sword with awesome style, for an ultimate squire.
Be the Hero in your Room with this awesome sword :3

Btw. I started drawing already a few months ago and finished last night this cool sword, sad that this is drawn with a pencil :/
Although i wanted to share it with you. :)

I think it would be the perfect weapon for an evil boss in DD2, after u deafeat him, you will grab it, but your friends think its cursed and you smash it with your friends into many little parts.

Have a nice evening,
Greetz from Culentriel. :-)

This is a monk polearm that didn't turn out at all like what I had pictured in my mind. I've never tried to draw anything before so its lines. And filling.

Instead of the hand pulsing, the monk would fire ranged attacks by holding the staff level and firing from the gem on the head.

This is a very strong pet for melee type heroes as the lick of a thousand milkies drains the enemy of their souls.
Also , it is about time Laura finally gets her cow!
Equippable : included but not limited to : Laura (read "everyone")

EDIT : The yellow tag guarantees the milk to be of drinkable quality. Even after finding the cow falling from a dead enemies chest.

Name: Wand of the Mini-Wizard! (it's actually a staff)
Class: Wizards

The rainbow kitten coming out of the wand is just a model effect when idle. Or maybe it'll randomly shoot rainbow kittens instead of normal projectiles?

HERE YOU GO! HOT OF THE IMAGINATION!

This is a Caster Only Item.
When an enemy is struck with this weapon,
it becomes watery. Once watery, it has a 95% chance to slip, it moves at a 20% slower rate on account of the soaking wet clothing, and if it is a fire based enemy it is instantly killed.

After a little more time, I've added another caster staff:

This baby has a special effect on enemies, causing them to be rooted in place with sleep. If you hit a previously slept enemy it will cause a nightmare.. causing the enemy to flee in terror.

Boom. I'm MS painted out.

Thank you,

Demetrio

PS would love for early access!

Since we've been discussing the Squire recently, I thought I'd make a battle standard for him.

May I present you with:

THE STANDARD OF SHAME
You never know when you might need a clean pair in the heat of battle...

This is the Bow of Light

It is for ranged dps such as Hunter/Ranger. It can be fired quickly or held to charge for a shot of light. The charges come from the four jewels located at the front of the bow. If you hit an undead or summoned enemy with a charged light shot they are vanquished instantly and have a chance at dropping ________ (you as developers fill in the blank here)

Very sorry about the art style and such, but I can't draw to save my life on a computer. :D Oh, and if the image doesn't show up then very clearly I am being stupid.