Is anything in DD useable in DDII ?

The reason I ask is that I caught some DD streamers and thought I would finally give away some of my DD items as a surprise.

However, I thought, hey, what if some of this stuff gets transferred to DD2, then I'll be sad.

Anyone know if any DD gear will be ported over to DD2?

Nothing gets transferred over to DD2.

thanks for the reply!

also HEY! you're still here...I see a few familiar "old timers" cool, cool.
The first post I remember is when you did (darn forget the name of the map) all with Monk auras!

What kind of bonus do you have in mind?

I'm going to speak in terms companies will understand here (MONEY! <3) and suggest that our DD1 accounts are checked for certain achievements that could perhaps unlock skins in DD2 :P

Would give an incentive to newcomers in DD to pick up the original with all It's DLC! More sales.

I like the ideas. Could there be a beginner bonus item that is from DD1 that we get in addition to other starting loot if there is some? These could be low level and be usable for a few levels till you find a better weapon or want an upgrade.

BONUS ITEMS
------------
Defenders Sword
Defenders Staff
Defenders Bow
Defenders Spear

could the goodies would go off the trendy (play online) account and have an option to link the two accounts or have something for those who own it on steam, or some other form of checking if the game has a valid owner? :)

+1 this post if you want bonus items in DD2 for owning DD1

What kind of bonus do you have in mind?

Well maybe have some "Classic" costumes in the game for the heroes that were in the first game. And maybe give several medium-average power weapons at the start (i.e. more powerful than you would start off withi, but evens out by the middle of the game to not be overpowered) as an incentive.

I have seen bonuses applied to sequels in games based on accomplishments in the predecessor (the case of the game I am thinking it was in the form of in-game currency [gold])

Although I have not played DD in a while, i put in 1400 hours in a very short timeframe and am very much looking forward to DDII. I did not get 100% achievements, however, I spent some time getting the majority of them, including unique pets. I have kept all my gear in case I would use/need it someday.

I was checking out twitch and saw some players playing DD. I would like to surprise some players with my gear but then I had this thought about reusable items.

However, I agree, rather than reusable items perhaps DDII can offer DD1 players some type of loyalty or achievement based bonus. Say a small xp bonus (1 - 5%). A unique costume or weapon.
I think the idea of reusable items is not viable at all now that I think about it, but I like where this thread has evolved into.

Perhaps maybe it will motivate some folks to get load up DD and get some of those achievements :)

I have seen bonuses applied to sequels in games based on accomplishments in the predecessor (the case of the game I am thinking it was in the form of in-game currency [gold])

Although I have not played DD in a while, i put in 1400 hours in a very short timeframe and am very much looking forward to DDII. I did not get 100% achievements, however, I spent some time getting the majority of them, including unique pets. I have kept all my gear in case I would use/need it someday.

I was checking out twitch and saw some players playing DD. I would like to surprise some players with my gear but then I had this thought about reusable items.

However, I agree, rather than reusable items perhaps DDII can offer DD1 players some type of loyalty or achievement based bonus. Say a small xp bonus (1 - 5%). A unique costume or weapon.
I think the idea of reusable items is not viable at all now that I think about it, but I like where this thread has evolved into.

Perhaps maybe it will motivate some folks to get load up DD and get some of those achievements :)

Is it Assassin's Creed Brotherhood you are thinking of?

Is it Assassin's Creed Brotherhood you are thinking of?

I have played that but I did not play its predecessor.

It's been a long time and I don't remember the details but the game was Uncharted 2. I remember I had to load up the option of whether I played Uncharted 1. Then it loaded up credits or gold or whatever it was :)

In another game that was and continues to be one of Sony's greatest selling game franchises ever. The game would check look for "Previouse R&C game" game save and then when you went to the weapon/armor shor you would get something that otherwise was not purchasable (Because you was determined to be a valuable Cybertron Customer. So after the 1 st one I just keep buying every R & C ever released. As a side note not to start a flame but DD2 looks very R & C 'ish. But then again R & C crossed the tower defense line with the release of "all four one" I hope my memory serves me well with name of this title.

maybe a pet similare to the team fortress ones from steam would be fancy. I loved having a pet early, t was fun!
(unlocked by having certain achivments perhaps in dd1 or something, dont know whats possible.)

That's a shame, it would be pretty neat if you got some form of bonus for having played Dungeon Defenders

I've never been a fan of unobtainable items, so as long you could load up Dungeon Defenders I to unlock the achievements needed to get a reward in Dungeon Defenders II, that would be ok. It also gives newer players incentive to play the classic game.

I'm going to speak in terms companies will understand here (MONEY! <3) and suggest that our DD1 accounts are checked for certain achievements that could perhaps unlock skins in DD2 :P

Would give an incentive to newcomers in DD to pick up the original with all It's DLC! More sales.

I really like this idea it would be fun to have special skins you only get for having achievments in dd1. personally I think that bonus gear from dd1 would be a bit much though, especially if its carried over directly from dd1. so the skin idea is great because its fun, it makes you feel special as DD1 veteran, its harmless and doesn't give u an unfair advantage over other players. And your very right, it would give great incentive for newcomers to buy the original game and DLC. And another thing I really like about this idea is, people will still be enjoying DD1 as we all have. So this is a GREAT idea in my opinion

I wouldn't mind seeing it gift the player a random weapon skin or heirloom from one of the three original campaign fights if you have the achievement "A Matter of Perspective." I.E. you could get any one of the original reward weapons from those fights (all difficulties) as possibly a skin or a weapon with an updated description (something vaguely referencing where it came from). Plus the stats could be low enough that they'd be fun starter weapons with a little nostalgic flair to them.

Well maybe have some "Classic" costumes in the game for the heroes that were in the first game.

the only thing(s) that i'd want, hehe. the aesthetic style of the heroes as they are in Dungeon Defenders is almost entirely changed in DDII. i'm sure i'll find more characters and new characters that are enjoyable to play - but i'll forever miss how adorable the Countess was.

i wouldn't be against statistically tied things like weapons - but Skins that are a throwback to the heroes we've all loved for years would be much appreciated ;)

Yeah, throwbacks would be fun, and maybe classic weapons or something based on your save state, like maybe give you the weapon you got against The Ancient Dragon

They don't necessarily have to be skins, just something so vets of DD1 have something to carry over so they don't feel like they have left everything behind.

• 2 weeks later...
They don't necessarily have to be skins, just something so vets of DD1 have something to carry over so they don't feel like they have left everything behind.

Yeah, this is it really

How about "Dad's Sword, Mom's Bow, Dad's Staff, Dad's Spear"? being carried over?
Those were pretty fun, if a bit useless.

its Always a shame that sequals never have any link with the old games. some people spend over 2000 hours playing DD1 and all this time is waste when you start playing DD2. Wouldnt it be just awsome if you can continue with your leveled chars or keep armor or something.

Now DD1 feels like a waste of time. and all the chars getting to lvl 100 and get tower points to 5000 was all for nothing.