If there's a wave going on, and someone is having problems (IRL or in-game), it'd be cool to be able to pause. It could work the same way as in Dota 2, that anyone could resume it, if they think there's no proper reason to pause.

What do you think? Could be especially useful in longer waves.

thats one reason i like to play local co-op. so i can pause it if i need to. though, if anyone can pause or unpause, you need a way to stop people from spam pausing. let the host kick em, or make it a vote to kick, or just set a restriction on how many times each player can pause or unpause.

somebody might have an actual emergency and pause it, while someone else might be in a hurry, and not want to pause it. who decides whether it gets paused or continues? one of them will be forced to leave the session or go afk.

some people might get into a group when they know theyll be having dinner soon, and just think "oh i can pause, theyll understand" when maybe everyone else wont want to pause. theyll want to kick you and move on.

just some things to think about. i think pausing should not be added, because everyone knows what theyre getting into that way. theres no "get out of jail free" card for the selfish people. though, emergencies do happen, i dont think they happen often enough to warrant all the stupidity that would come with this pausing privilege youre suggesting.

overall though, good idea, i would prefer it not be added, but i know other people will have other opinions.

Have a vote option to pause for a timer? so you could pause and set a timer for the pause and then have another vote to unpause.

but having pause i dont like to do so because when im go in with out friends and someone else pauses I dont want to have my game pausing randomly when im in a public game.

Certainly a necessary feature for solo play.

Also agree the DotA2 style pause would work well in multiplayer games and don't see a reason not to have that option.

Pause should be just as it is in DD1. It worked well. Only issue was when people hit "G" cause they are not paying attention. That isn't a pause issue though. That is a player issue. I would like to see an option where a wave cannot be started without the "host" hitting "G" in maps where there is no build timer.

What if the host just wants to go AFK because he is hosting a map and he/she is getting a samich from the kitchen but his buddies are ready to go if they press it they should not have to wait for the host. also pausing the game would be frustrating, I would just find another game to join that wasn't paused because I don't know how long it would last. I want the game to feel as there are mounting waves of bad guys that will come at me with only so much time to defend before the next ones come.

As I said pausing would only be allowed if no one is against it. If someone pauses, but someone resumes the game, the player who needed to go will have to leave the game, or leave the thing and keep playing

When I sit down and commit my time to doing something then nothing except for an emergency should cause a long interruption. A pee break isn't an long interruption. If someone really has to think about playing a game over an emergency then, I'm sorry they have their priorities a bit wrong.

If someone starts a map, a task, etc and cannot finish it when they know about how long it might take to complete then that is their own personal fault or even worse they start playing with someone knowing they don't even have a lot of time to play. Why put a burden on others is the question I ask?

If an option for anyone to pause a match that I am hosting is implemented, can I please see a message of who did the pause? I want to see who it was so that depending on what the circumstances are I can choose whether or not to give them the boot. Some may hit the button by mistake, if it is nothing more than a key press, which is completely understandable as long as they do not keep doing it. I just don't want someone pausing a match because they are unable to complete what it is that they joined or if they are unable to communicate with the group. Communication is key and the rest should be left to the leader of the group. If someone ask for a minute to go grab a soda or go pee then by all means go do it. It isn't hard to let someone know. If it is crunch time in a particular map then I hope no one has to the nerve to ask for something silly.

I just believe in a leader taking a leadership role and leading the group. It might seem a bit silly in a TD game but as long as people use common courtesy then it is a non issue. The trick is finding a 'fair' leader.