He was designed to be a tank! Cut it out!

Hello I am psycho I've been playing this game for a very long time now enough to have a level 70 in each class
I can strongly say that the nerfs were important for the squire though they may have been a bit too high and they were done to radically for one patch but this is my full opinion on the change

The squire is the tank the towers are supposed to take damage not deal it! yes its a new experience yes you can't kill everything but now this makes apprentices desirable! also take this into account. The barbarian shouldbe coming out this month HE is supposed to be the damage dealing melee not the squire so sit down and change out of your soiled boxers, because I think the squire is were he should be for the most part maybe put some damageback onto the bowling towers because those got hit a little too hard. Just take a look for a second please the squire could literally go AFK and everyone would brag about it you can't possibly tell me that that is balanced?

I think Trendy has that same mind set that the squire shouldn't be soloing insane the squire should be tanking
so they nerfed his RANGED damage and buffed his DAMAGE TAKING towers. To make room for apprentices to use
Their DAMAGE DEALING towers.

I foresee a slight damage increase on squire towers in next patch but nothing too huge. I like where they are now.

as for the huntress the damage seems to be about right now I have a 1700 crystal tracker that can clear mobs
easily and that has a pen shot that corresponds with a 21k.
I gave these numbers to show that the end game still allows you to hit very hard as a dps huntress if you work
for your gear. The game wasn't ment to be solo'd after 20 hours of game play..

and on a final note I agree that the monks aura buffs should be increased more the easiest fix would be to have
a flat decrease for a number of mobs say 1-10 instead of each mob thats in it

the dps on apprentices should be buffed slightly higher to make up for the huge loss of dps on squires towers
namely the lightning and the DST.

and the traps on huntresses i have no solution for but they definitely need changed because they are so lack
luster that when I see one I can't help but think its a waste.

thanks for reading! :)

-psycho

*edit* lackluster probably wasn't the best word to use for traps. When I was describing the traps I was relating them to the fact that it felt like they were a waste of DU as opposed to the pre-nerf towers of the squire. I personally love the concept of traps!

The main issue I have with his tanking ability is that his walls die way too fast and they take WAY too long to repair. Even with max cast rate they get chunked faster than you can repair em.

Yeah, you pretty much need an Apprentice with Overcharge to reliably repair the towers. It's actually BAD to upgrade the towers, since you need to upgrade them during the wave to heal them at any reasonable rate.

Giving the Squire two towers that he'll never use in a group setting since they're inferior to everything else is pretty lame though. Then again, Darkness Traps exist. ;P

Yeah, you pretty much need an Apprentice with Overcharge to reliably repair the towers. It's actually BAD to upgrade the towers, since you need to upgrade them during the wave to heal them at any reasonable rate.

Giving the Squire two towers that he'll never use in a group setting since they're inferior to everything else is pretty lame though. Then again, Darkness Traps exist. ;P

Yes but an Apprentice with a high leveled overcharge will have to sacrifice Tower stats and since apprentice towers are becoming THE towers for damage it's a weird dilemma. I guess you need one person to have a Tower apprentice and one person to have a support quick moving repair apprentice? If that is the case it's just silly imo XD

The main issue I have with his tanking ability is that his walls die way too fast and they take WAY too long to repair. Even with max cast rate they get chunked faster than you can repair em.
I see your point. And I agree that they should probably fix that issue that is something I'd like to see happen. But playing the devils advocate if they fix the aura drain problem then strength auras are a great solution to the problem. It all comes down to them doing the final touches. Patience is key :)

I see your point. And I agree that they should probably fix that issue that is something I'd like to see happen. But playing the devils advocate if they fix the aura drain problem then strength auras are a great solution to the problem. It all comes down to them doing the final touches. Patience is key :)

check out the patch notes for tomorrows patch. Upgraded repair speed! Now Squires can be their own repair *****es :)

There we have it! those patch notes look great! see just have faith! this puts the squire in perfect tanking position and opens the floor for the apps to be the dps towers. Thank you Trendy :)

Apprentice would like to say hello.

I agree with OP, glad to see im not alone;

Thank you for posting this. It was needed. People have been spoiled by the old Squire.

[QUOTE]I think Trendy has that same mind set that the squire shouldn't be soloing insane the squire should be tanking
so they nerfed his RANGED damage and buffed his DAMAGE TAKING towers. To make room for apprentices to use
Their DAMAGE DEALING towers. [/QUOTE]

Apprentice would like to say hello.

I agree with OP, glad to see im not alone;

I know that but If you HAVE to have apprentice's spec into repairing to help that out then their towers really suffer. Since the squire nerfs you need Apprentice towers to do damage to make up for it...but you can't spec into great tower deeps AND repairs (if you can please tell me the build XD)

Long story short it forces Apprentices to be repair bots for squire walls which is what started a lot of conflict in the first place

While I would like to see squire given more of the tank role, apprentice needs some help in the DU/Damage department, and Monk needs some help in the support department

Alright so now the Squire is becoming the actual Tank of the game, and the Monk is the mezzer, the apprentice the tower dps [he's towers still feel way to weak for me to feel he's a mandatory addition like Squire Blockades] and the Huntress, though nerfed in Piercing Shot, is suppose to be the DPS Hero... am I getting this right?

So what this thread is basicly telling me there is only one way you are to play this game?

You are only allowed to tank as a squire.

You are only allowed to build towers and repair as an apprentice.

You are only allowed to hero dps as a huntress.

Monks. Who knows?

So what this thread is basicly telling me there is only one way you are to play this game?

Monks. Who knows?

If squire was indeed only supposed to tank then why on earth would he come equipped with 2 ranged towers(which are now completley useless BTW). Those towers cost as much as another tower why are they nerfed into the ground....oh yeah its because they actually do damage o.O

Monks. Who knows?
Essentially yes, I hate to say it but this is how games are. Sure you can go another route but there is always a meta to every game a play style for a class that makes them do the best that they can perform. and in this case that means exactly what you just stated. =P sorry

If squire was indeed only supposed to tank then why on earth would he come equipped with 2 ranged towers(which are now completley useless BTW). Those towers cost as much as another tower why are they nerfed into the ground....oh yeah its because they actually do damage o.O

Well they arent useless. They are nowhere near as useful as they were before but like most things it is situational. All maps have more than one tactic. Now you will most likely need an Ensnare though.

I dont belive he was designed to be a tank. Unless a dev or someone can direct me proof there a dev directly states that the squire is designed to be a tank and that's how they are going to keep patching it I call nonsense. I have looked on the official website and the wiki. I could search more but I deem it pointless.

Looking at the designs of all heros I dont think any single one of them were designed to do just one single job. All of them got both offensive and defensive skills.

Edit:
Essentially yes, I hate to say it but this is how games are. Sure you can go another route but there is always a meta to every game a play style for a class that makes them do the best that they can perform. and in this case that means exactly what you just stated. =P sorry

I disagree. The skills of each individual character and the stat system states that you are in error.

If it was truly a defined job it would be more in the line of the TF2 class system. Not what we have now.

Oh god, every time I see someone say traps are lackluster or useless I cry a little inside. Have you actually PLAYED with a trap huntress? Really? Hey man, you can always join my games and see how I roll. ;)

simply put, if he's a tank, why does he has towers that do nothing but damage? If the tank tower class has inferior dps towers, those towers just won't be used ever because they are a pure waste of DU.

welcome to the world of Monks!

Guess how many towers I use when playing with my 3 friends?

Strength Drain Aura and maybe, maybe a lightning field sometimes.

Usually, Squire Bouncers/Ballistas/Blades to blockade the melee mobs and get air down.
Apprentice uses his array of towers according to leftover points
and ill simply put any blockade tower under a strength drain Aura so they last the whole match.

So yeah please dont fret over the squire because he has awesome towers. And they tank awesome with some monk support. But yeah could use some Monk love... Oh and on Hero DPS, Our Huntress and Squire easily do 100k dps each... I do 20k....

Currently Working on a Huntress so I am no such big liability when the round has startet (yes hero + tower aura are nice but on big maps thats not really all that helpfull)

There we have it! those patch notes look great! see just have faith! this puts the squire in perfect tanking position and opens the floor for the apps to be the dps towers. Thank you Trendy :)

What dps towers? *tongue in cheek*

i kid i kid.

I don't know... if you think Squires is tank when hes jack of all trade, i guess App = underage slave worker? that's how i see it as they build stuff up wearing adult clothing with a tiny but adorable body :)

Has anyone ever ask why the dev gave the App supercharge ability? that's right..

People would of hated the mobile's version of the Squire. His tower damage is minimal and was just used as a blockade type character (if tower built) as the health is/was crazy on his spike blockades.

At OP, the huntress' traps are far from useless you can with enough trap health/reset solo near enough every level with traps alone. I did it for all of the hard levels whilst leveling my trap huntress, so I'm sure with quick speed and more reset speed insane levels will be soloable too from just her traps. Eth traps destroy wyverns instantly unless they are elec immune but you can just shoot them ones down and Orcs/Ninjas don't jump over the traps unless you're in their visible sight. And a good couple of trap stacks can take down a ton of ogre health (if you play against the ogres smartly).

Yeah Traps/Aura's are both quite underrated. And the main reason being people just didn't need to learn to use them when OP Squire towers take care of everything. Hopefully now Trendy will ignore the whiners an stay the course they are on. Since the game just may eventually become a game where there are 4 useful class's instead of just 2 at this rate.

welcome to the world of Monks!

Guess how many towers I use when playing with my 3 friends?

Strength Drain Aura and maybe, maybe a lightning field sometimes.

Usually, Squire Bouncers/Ballistas/Blades to blockade the melee mobs and get air down.
Apprentice uses his array of towers according to leftover points
and ill simply put any blockade tower under a strength drain Aura so they last the whole match.

So yeah please dont fret over the squire because he has awesome towers. And they tank awesome with some monk support. But yeah could use some Monk love... Oh and on Hero DPS, Our Huntress and Squire easily do 100k dps each... I do 20k....

Currently Working on a Huntress so I am no such big liability when the round has startet (yes hero + tower aura are nice but on big maps thats not really all that helpfull)

Sounds like you need to play with better friends, I usually seem to pick the most congested of choke points and we all take spots on the map and generally defend on our own, I use ensnare and elec and just kill whatever is elec resistant and depending on the map ask for a couple apprentice towers to shoot down any air. Monks aren't as useless as you seem to think they are, find a good melee weapon and get some stat bonuses into your boosts and you can hold choke points pretty effectively.

Granted you need to effectively put in twice the work as the other classes but it can be fun.