Sign in to follow this  
LENGENDARYDEFENDEr

all the legit players getting banned

I think that there wouldn't b as many bans if people would quit pressing the moderators buttons. And no, I'm not a kiss ***. I just think if u keep it clean and think about what u write before u post it would b a little easier on everyone.

I think that there wouldn't b as many bans if people would quit pressing the moderators buttons. And no, I'm not a kiss ***. I just think if u keep it clean and think about what u write before u post it would b a little easier on everyone.

Some players aren't as "legit" as we think they are as well.

It is easy to give into the dark side. The infestation of the multiplayer is almost unavoidable. Yeah, players I thought to be legit have pulled the wool over our eyes.

As far as legit players getting banned.....best not to call out individuals or provoke flaming posts.

I urge everyone to protect their reputations. Other people will respect you only if you respect both them and yourself. You might have been the smartest kid in geography class, but the world is a big place and people are neither stupid nor easily fooled. I say this to no one in particular, but to everyone.

Admittedly I have not made as many good relationships on the PS3 side because I don't play on it, but I'm nevertheless happy to talk about issues with anyone who wants to. We on Xbox have been dealing with players who do undesirable things (both very blatant and extremely subtle) for years. If I have accumulated any wisdom at all, I'm happy to share it.

The longtime forum members know the rules and they know when they are intentionally walking on ice.

I've had many replies typed up just needing to hit the send button. I've walked away and thought about the possible inappropriate response that I was about to post. I probably have deleted more responses than I've posted.

Many legit players still on the forum (some lurking) and a few that have been banned for not following the rules, their choice to test that ice.

"When anger rises, think of the consequences" Confucius

it's not about being vemonous or pressing the moderators, I never intend to get infractions, the problem is the mods interpret what some people post as inflaming or arbitrarily choose what is offensive or not. Case in point, we are not to use ** to get around the censor of words, yet look around, they're everywhere, but if i were to post with *'s to hide an offensive word, i would get an infraction. If it was cut and dry, black or white, i could see how people could see others can easily say,"he's pushing the mods buttons", but interpretation plays a HUGE part, and whenever interpretation comes into it, there could be different views to what is offensive/inflaming. Also, one more point, the rules on these forums favor the hackers. We know who the hackers are , not all, but some are blatant about it, they don't even try to hide the fact they hack, but tell me how this scenerio makes sense; let's say someone new joins the forums to trade and a certain hacker responds his inquiry, if anyone would post to the newbie to be careful, that said person would get an infraction. tell me how that makes sense. If I make a statement such as "i dislike hackers" it's considered inflaming, yet a hacker can just advertise his hacks, and that's fine. Read this quickly, for i bet you it will be edited/removed.

If it was cut and dry, black or white, i could see how people could see others can easily say,"he's pushing the mods buttons", but interpretation plays a HUGE part, and whenever interpretation comes into it, there could be different views to what is offensive/inflaming.

People being through with rules and super strict because certain peoples annoyed said people previously? Such things would never occur, imagine a place where you get banned multiple times for in-joke comments which hardly pass offense to the unknowing or even a single bi-lingual post, nope never.

I urge everyone to protect their reputations. Other people will respect you only if you respect both them and yourself. You might have been the smartest kid in geography class, but the world is a big place and people are neither stupid nor easily fooled. I say this to no one in particular, but to everyone.

Admittedly I have not made as many good relationships on the PS3 side because I don't play on it, but I'm nevertheless happy to talk about issues with anyone who wants to. We on Xbox have been dealing with players who do undesirable things (both very blatant and extremely subtle) for years. If I have accumulated any wisdom at all, I'm happy to share it.

I have to word this carefully since there is no "open" & "legit" seperation of do-good'ers vs evil-no-so-good-do'ers.
Getting ban is because you fail to follow the rules on the forum or act like a donkey in an event.

You can be 100% legit never using any mod gear and still get banned because you don't know how or unwilling to follow the rules.

Just remember in the past it was always a good thing to own a donkey but you never want to be known as a donkey. And that is fair game advice cause Trendy put that in the game in Morraggo. ( The donkey part anyway )

that GIF gets me every time.

But seriously, this isn't a black and white issue. Misunderstandings happen and that's why you can PM me, or Josh or any of the Community Managers if you think you were unjustly banned and we'll go over your case. That doesn't mean we'll overturn it and unban you. It means we will talk to you to get your side, look at the post/thread/action in question and make a decision. We'll also tell you why we decided the way we did.

If you came into my tavern you would think I'm a hacker. But I just have a bunch of old event items.

Couple rare ones too. Clean capt shield. Clean chi blast. Clean elf o wand. Anybody know what those items are now a days. I see mostly new people

If you came into my tavern you would think I'm a hacker. But I just have a bunch of old event items.

Couple rare ones too. Clean capt shield. Clean chi blast. Clean elf o wand. Anybody know what those items are now a days. I see mostly new people

No offense capt., but no one would mistake you for a hacker just because of the rare items you have. Hackers would care less about rare items, it's more about having the ridiculous 100000 stats in their weapons.

it's not about being vemonous or pressing the moderators, I never intend to get infractions, the problem is the mods interpret what some people post as inflaming or arbitrarily choose what is offensive or not. Case in point, we are not to use ** to get around the censor of words, yet look around, they're everywhere, but if i were to post with *'s to hide an offensive word, i would get an infraction. If it was cut and dry, black or white, i could see how people could see others can easily say,"he's pushing the mods buttons", but interpretation plays a HUGE part, and whenever interpretation comes into it, there could be different views to what is offensive/inflaming. Also, one more point, the rules on these forums favor the hackers. We know who the hackers are , not all, but some are blatant about it, they don't even try to hide the fact they hack, but tell me how this scenerio makes sense; let's say someone new joins the forums to trade and a certain hacker responds his inquiry, if anyone would post to the newbie to be careful, that said person would get an infraction. tell me how that makes sense. If I make a statement such as "i dislike hackers" it's considered inflaming, yet a hacker can just advertise his hacks, and that's fine. Read this quickly, for i bet you it will be edited/removed.

I totally agree with you, but in same times, they can't let doing that. Why? Let's say we are before moding began, when dupping was the only problem. Someone who love this game trade, trade, trade and always trade too much. There was alot of compulsive traders before tavern duping and modding, when ps+ dupping was the only problem. Anyway, let's say that this guys is completly legit, and all that he want is getting some items for his characters, okay? But this guys, unfornatelly traded with someone he tough that he was legit, and got a dupped item. But he don't know that this item is dupped. Later , let's say that he farmed a better version of this item, and he now want to trade it, because he got the luck of not getting his item disapear. He trade it to someone else who is legit too, and this guy got the item disapearing. He's upset, and going to call him out, when in fact, he tough his item was legit. Of course, what he do after is important, like if he make a refund, there is no problem, if he does'nt, the guys who got the items disapearing gonna destroy his reputation. Why? for a little item in a game. Yup, it's frustrating, I alreaddy got some items that disapeared on me, even from some of the most legit players of the game. We just talk after and got an arangement. The problem with calling out peoples, is the same thing that you just said, peoples can interpret what peoples do in different way. Peoples can think someone is not legit went in fact, he is legit. I agree with you that when someone is 100% sure not legit, and everyone know it, it's really frustrating to cannot post for help new players,but in same times, the not legit players could call out totally legit players only for confuse everyone else, that's the problem with all the calling out, if we aloud them, there will be no more control in this forum, it's will be a jungle, and everyone will stab each others, there will be some teams formed that will be calling out some others peoples, and new players who will get into the forum will only see hate and insult in our posts. That's not a really nice first impression of a forum... :/

I totally agree with you, but in same times, they can't let doing that. Why? Let's say we are before moding began, when dupping was the only problem. Someone who love this game trade, trade, trade and always trade too much. There was alot of compulsive traders before tavern duping and modding, when ps+ dupping was the only problem. Anyway, let's say that this guys is completly legit, and all that he want is getting some items for his characters, okay? But this guys, unfornatelly traded with someone he tough that he was legit, and got a dupped item. But he don't know that this item is dupped. Later , let's say that he farmed a better version of this item, and he now want to trade it, because he got the luck of not getting his item disapear. He trade it to someone else who is legit too, and this guy got the item disapearing. He's upset, and going to call him out, when in fact, he tough his item was legit. Of course, what he do after is important, like if he make a refund, there is no problem, if he does'nt, the guys who got the items disapearing gonna destroy his reputation. Why? for a little item in a game. Yup, it's frustrating, I alreaddy got some items that disapeared on me, even from some of the most legit players of the game. We just talk after and got an arangement. The problem with calling out peoples, is the same thing that you just said, peoples can interpret what peoples do in different way. Peoples can think someone is not legit went in fact, he is legit. I agree with you that when someone is 100% sure not legit, and everyone know it, it's really frustrating to cannot post for help new players,but in same times, the not legit players could call out totally legit players only for confuse everyone else, that's the problem with all the calling out, if we aloud them, there will be no more control in this forum, it's will be a jungle, and everyone will stab each others, there will be some teams formed that will be calling out some others peoples, and new players who will get into the forum will only see hate and insult in our posts. That's not a really nice first impression of a forum... :/

Calling out players for dupe/hack is different than pointing out the obvious. I'm speaking of alerting/discussing the obvious. the pc side has threads where members can post pix, with names, of hacked items. Explanation was that the pc side had open and ranked...huh? So what? Aren't you still calling people out? and are you trying to tell me ALL hacked items remain on the open side? yeah, right. as for first impressions, I'll leave that for people who give a .....

@ tempest. I don't really check pc side but from what I've picked up over time is on pc side is obviously some create their own gear but if they use obvious modded gear in ranked they can be reported and consequently banned from ranked mode. But anybody can use whatever they want in open without consequence. Personally I agree that we (console players) should be able to post pics of players using modded gear, but for what purpose anymore. All legit players have the ability to choose who we play with. I don't allow modded gear in my games, and will remove those players when I see them. But reporting them on the forums won't do anybody any good. It is my opinion from many months ago that you cannot compare console to pc as it is a different game, with different terms of service.

@gamer; I totally agree. I was speaking of legit members getting infractions/banns when trading was more frequent for calling out hackers. Now, things have changed and I agree 100%. I wanted to post pix not to call anyone out, but just for discussion sake.