I would like them to do something about upgrading towers, Right now i only upgrade towers to do a quick repair on them, a lot faster then repairing them... I don't upgrade otherwise since the added dps/hp's don't really matter a lot

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like them to do something about upgrading towers, Right now i only upgrade towers to do a quick repair on them, a lot faster then repairing them... I don't upgrade otherwise since the added dps/hp's don't really matter a lot

I have to agree whole-heartedly.

Agree. Fully upgraded towers should be at least 50% better DPS than unupgraded ones... IMO swap repair speed and upgrade speed if this is changed.

Let's make squire a defense and support class like he was meant...

Keep the 25% reduction to speed, damage to 20-30% but make the knock back greater on the cannons... make him a defense expert... not a damage one.

His goal should be to stop and hinder progress, not flat out kill creeps. Sure he needs to deal damage, but having a game focused on multi class builds and support yet having squires do everything isn't so cool.

The problem with the nerf wasn't just the 50% reduction on overall damage, his towers lost their special abilities of knockback and pierce as they were limited.

Last night we rocked hallows with a mix of all class towers and dps... I never saw this pre 7.06. It was nice... it was a challenge... we didn't just drop OP Squire towers... we played the way the game was meant...

I like kobolds are now... they are still weak hp wise as we could mow them down easy...

If pierce shot gets a damage increase.... it needs a longer cooldown... 1sec cs makes all hunts spam the skill over and over... the lack of cd and mana cost makes my 15k pierce really strong.

I like how monk auras and hunt traps are. They feel like a good balance between each other.... the towers seem out of place tho... either too weak or too powerful and it keeps flip flopping

if you were not so %^(ing stupid you would make Orges and boss's alot more immune to physical damage so squire towers could not kill them

you #$^&%ing ruined the game i cant beileve i spent over 100 hours playing this

if you were not so %^(ing stupid you would make Orges and boss's alot more immune to physical damage so squire towers could not kill them

you #$^&%ing ruined the game i cant beileve i spent over 100 hours playing this

I have some issues with the nerfing as well, but seriously, stop raging and show some respect.

The Problem is, Daish, that your a bad player. The Squire got a bid nerfed and you have no clue what to do now. You start the Game, lose and rage here. So, get over yourself, mix some class towers and beat the game.

I do not take unwarranted personal attacks lights, be it me (especially me) or other players...

I would like to add in, I don't work for te... I am a player just like you all and have to live though all these pains too... I get nothing special but the high of banning scrubs who can not convey a health opinion.

Its alright to be mad/disappointed/upset/mad... but raging does nothing but make you look like a fool... I know, I've done it too. Its encouraged to voice your opinions, but do so in a constructive way... insulting devs, mods, or other players accomplishes nothing.

Post suggestions, balances, or simple I don't like this part of the patch, but suggestions and compromise will actually help the most..

/rant

I prefer to solo or play with my other friends I never join other games etc so a majority of the time I am solo. While I do see the need for the nerfs. I do feel when soloing you shouldn't be forced to rotate through all the classes to necessarily compete.

I think the squire nerf would be fine if they beefed the HP of the towers. The towers should block/stall/delay until you are free to get to that area and help. For example the spook level. I have done it on hard solo pre and post nerfs. While I think pre nerf it was more fun even though I was only using 2 classes squire and monk(slow/powerdrain). And post nerf I had to use squire/app/monk while it was more challening I think the only thing was the kobolds exploding and almost 1 shotting the dps towers from the app and when 2 or 3 at once they would 1 shot the squires defenses. I was all squire blockades and snd on critical points backed by MM/fireball/lightening with slows/powerdrain on critical points. Basically defense towers cant stall/delay long enough for kills or till reinforcements can arrive. I would have switched to huntress to dps down creeps faster but after blockades/bumpers breaking so fast there was no chance to allow huntress during a wave because i would have to recreate blocks.

Here is the setup I use for post nerf i swap most the bumpers for blockades and the bb/harpoons are swapped to mixture of app towers. Also bumpers almost have the same hp as a magic blockage which makes it almost useless since post nerf it is necessary to have the app towers there for removing immunity is greater than roughly 1k hp.

My characters are no where near being good gear but they should be well enough that the towers should last longer/dps down creeps without constant attention(3-4x a wave needing repairs all at the same time). Full tower squire/app/monk
squire: 130 tower health, 141 tower damage, 50 range, 108 rate, using rapier with 9869 poison damage to clear waves out.
app: 123 tower health, 95 damage, 74 range, 126 rate, crappy weapon app is a quiet a bit under geared compared to the squire.
Monk: 88 tower health, 75 damage, 77 range, 84 rate. In random assort of gear no set no upgrades since hes only used for auras which are pretty fast to repair but require constant attention.

tl;dr leave squire damage to current value but increase blockades/snd/bumper hits maybe 15% maybe more depending would need to be tested. Might need to lower snd damage to compensate for the buff to hits on it. Make app towers damage immune ones something like 30-40% resistance instead of immune. This not only helps apprentices but also makes it so squire blockades aren't worthless. Change aura lifespan rate.

I play the halloween map on my apprentice and it just crushes this map so badly :p

and I still had like 30 defence points left XD

seriously I am now convinced squire is useless XD

I play the halloween map on my apprentice and it just crushes this map so badly :p

and I still had like 30 defence points left XD

seriously I am now convinced squire is useless XD

This.

My apprentice destroys things. Lol Squire blockades? Just throw down ensnares and APP towers. There is definitely no point in wasting DU on blocks that make you run around and repair them.

"* Nerfed Spooktacular "Van Wolfstein" weapon about 40% "

i think you mean TO 40% because im doing 40% the dps i was doing before which is wayyyyy too much of a nerf for a weapon that took hours to get. its even on the high end of actual value (ie it has 30 slots and very good stats). went from doing 200k dps down to 70. thats way more than a 40% nerf. not even worth using now since a good blasticus can match its dps and still do more damage with piercing shot. might as well nerf the grenade launchers too since they do 3x the amount of damage with a piercing shot. i agree that yes the gun was overpowered before, but dropping it down to 40% of what it used to be is rediculous and you should have just not released it to begin with. sad that older guns remain better and are easier to get. i hope the insane version wasnt nerfed too.

ive been pretty much sticking with you guys since the start. even on mobile. but these nerfs are way too harsh and need to be dealt with properly. not "oh we're gonna nerf you by 50% because that sounds right". thank god skyrim is coming out soon. if this crap keeps up, im gonna just start playing something else until things get fixed. not worth spending hours on a challenge only to have it nerfed later on and having its reward killed. tweaked maybe, but not made useless. it does elemental damage too btw. better nerf squire weapons since they do more dps than an actual dps huntress now. our "towers" dont even block.

erm... I would actually like to work more closely to trendynet when it comes to these buffs and nerfs... (doubt they'd want me though XD )
balancing is something difficulled, and it happens all the time... but the balancing issues should be adressed in smaller amounts... overbuffing is unfair... but it doesnt ruin the gameplay of those who arrnt involved with this buff... but overnerfing is something that would cause people to rage and quit...

I'd assume trendynet wants to give a game that is enjoyable for all :) but they are maybe a bit too nerf and buff happy...
right before the halloween event I'd say things were quiet, not many people complained about inbalance that much because the balamcing issues were moderate and just... ofcourse in the past the dps nerf was sad... but people didnt rage because they did understand why it was nerfed and it was a good nerf (even if you dont agree with that trendynet...)

the specific kind of nerf that you use is important for the gameplay...
damage only affects so much... but for example attack rate will affect more then just some damage...

to be honest... I've never in my life chosen squire barricades over the apprentice's magic wall due to the defence units...
I find it odd that this has never been addressed with so far :)

you wish to make every hero be valuable... but you need to look further then just the damage potential of a character :) as most players that play this game will most likely not look further then the length of their nose (no offense) you should realise that fun-wise players are stupid... by that I mean... for example take an fps game... if you want fun you should head out and look for the opponent but... it could be more effective to camp and wait... if it ends up being more effective they WILL camp even if it's boring as hell... see what I mean with players are stupid? (me included btw) :p

so thats why it is SUPER important that the most efficient way to play this game is also the most fun way :)
this is probably the hardest thing to do with a game but that is where balancing comes in...
you can slowly but surely adjust to find the perfect balance between fun and gameplay and have them go hand in hand to create a wonderfull experience :)

so if you read what I wrote above here you should know that I am by no means underestimating the people who are balancing the game.. I'd just like to give a small notice to tell them to slow down... XD

at patch 7.05C the game had the best co-operation gameplay mainly because right now a LOT of people are just trowing away their squire and whipping out their apprentice as it has the best shields so far... (per DU)

just so you know, I've played enough of every hero in different builds to know what they are capable of... I havnt played the trap huntress that much but my brother plays a trap huntress and combined with my monk and apprentive we can pretty much dominate most maps... too bad my squire cant tag along with any of our builds... the towers are too weak to do propper damage(and thats good), too slow to hurt a good quantity(you gotta make up for the loss of speed somehow) and too inaccurate to hold a small sum of mobs(thats a problem) and too expensive to be worth more then the apprentice walls... heck the apprentice walls can cover more ground for the same amount of DU's! :o

you get my drift ;)
soon enough there wont be any tower squires anymore :)

edit:
I would like to note that 7 out of 7 friends (that play this game) quit with their squire before I had even talked to them about my frustration towards the squire...

I prefer to solo or play with my other friends I never join other games etc so a majority of the time I am solo. While I do see the need for the nerfs. I do feel when soloing you shouldn't be forced to rotate through all the classes to necessarily compete.

I think the squire nerf would be fine if they beefed the HP of the towers. The towers should block/stall/delay until you are free to get to that area and help. For example the spook level. I have done it on hard solo pre and post nerfs. While I think pre nerf it was more fun even though I was only using 2 classes squire and monk(slow/powerdrain). And post nerf I had to use squire/app/monk while it was more challening I think the only thing was the kobolds exploding and almost 1 shotting the dps towers from the app and when 2 or 3 at once they would 1 shot the squires defenses. I was all squire blockades and snd on critical points backed by MM/fireball/lightening with slows/powerdrain on critical points. Basically defense towers cant stall/delay long enough for kills or till reinforcements can arrive. I would have switched to huntress to dps down creeps faster but after blockades/bumpers breaking so fast there was no chance to allow huntress during a wave because i would have to recreate blocks.

Here is the setup I use for post nerf i swap most the bumpers for blockades and the bb/harpoons are swapped to mixture of app towers. Also bumpers almost have the same hp as a magic blockage which makes it almost useless since post nerf it is necessary to have the app towers there for removing immunity is greater than roughly 1k hp.

My characters are no where near being good gear but they should be well enough that the towers should last longer/dps down creeps without constant attention(3-4x a wave needing repairs all at the same time). Full tower squire/app/monk
squire: 130 tower health, 141 tower damage, 50 range, 108 rate, using rapier with 9869 poison damage to clear waves out.
app: 123 tower health, 95 damage, 74 range, 126 rate, crappy weapon app is a quiet a bit under geared compared to the squire.
Monk: 88 tower health, 75 damage, 77 range, 84 rate. In random assort of gear no set no upgrades since hes only used for auras which are pretty fast to repair but require constant attention.

tl;dr leave squire damage to current value but increase blockades/snd/bumper hits maybe 15% maybe more depending would need to be tested. Might need to lower snd damage to compensate for the buff to hits on it. Make app towers damage immune ones something like 30-40% resistance instead of immune. This not only helps apprentices but also makes it so squire blockades aren't worthless. Change aura lifespan rate.

That is quite possibly the most FAIL tower placement I've ever seen on the Halloween map. I've solo'd it on hard pre and post nerf - 3 times today to be exact.

It's beyond easy - drop your squire towers (not like you have shown above) and a few monk aura's to augment your defenses. Profit. No need for traps or apprentice towers.

Can we see the current menu interface get a +50% bonus to their speed ramp and another 99% to their exponent rates?

I'd pay 1 million mana just to have a feature bonus that can be purchased from the shop just to speed up the menu interface.

I'll pay another 3 million mana if you allowed Hero Swapping via F1 ~ F9 keys as long as you're directly in front of the "blue" thing where you typically go to in between waves.

This would be awesome to hero swap without pulling up the slow moving menu (or just get rid of the terrible slow menu animations via checkbox option).

I've tried the map pre-nerf on insane before and we pretty much kicked butt to the point where there were 2 areas both on the top side that were unrepairable due to the massive amounts of ninja's...

also, on hard at this patch... I've used apprentice towers, monk aura's and Huntress traps and we had over 30 DU left and we could just go afk and win with minimal damage...

if you add a squire in the mix you will need to repair and you will run out of DU...
not saying its difficult XD

Would you be able to tell me the kind of setup you used? I've managed to complete Hard Spooktacular on solo with squire (but mainly using traps and auras - used squire only because it's the only char I have with a great weapon), but I only JUST won. One of my crystals remained on 10% hp. I was blocking off chokes with bouncers, then backing it up with ensnare and strength drain auras. Had 1-2 traps where mobs gathered. Anything I'm doing really wrong?

That is quite possibly the most FAIL tower placement I've ever seen on the Halloween map. I've solo'd it on hard pre and post nerf - 3 times today to be exact.

It's beyond easy - drop your squire towers (not like you have shown above) and a few monk aura's to augment your defenses. Profit. No need for traps or apprentice towers.

I solod it 5x pre nerf with that setup and 2x post nerf but have since switched to monk/app so i can afk after the first wave.

@ OP

After the squires nerf, i can't have fun solo the halloween map on hard now without getting swarm at wave 10...

Before the nerf, i had lot of fun micro-repairing and rebuilding. Now mobs just tear up my towers and rape the crystals.

I don't understand why people assume Squire is supposed to be a tank tower. What did they actually suck in to think that way? o.0