[PC] Protect the Forge Event Delayed

Do to unforseen problems with the map, the protect the forge event will be delayed. The event team will inform you with further details as soon as we can.

It's not like I want to be harsh, but we've seen these "unforseen" problems many times before. Maybe time to reconsider your map publishing policy? :P

It's not like I want to be harsh, but we've seen these "unforseen" problems many times before. Maybe time to reconsider your map publishing policy? :P

as in, not try and publish them the day of.

It could be that the development of the map was not complete or an issue was found. Either way they volunteer to do this for us so I bet we can give them some slack on it. :)

They volunteer the time and effort and testing for it, if it's delayed, deal with it and enjoy the map when it's done! I know it may be rough for some people who want to auction the items off immediately, but try and enjoy what these fantastic community members are doing first.

I was making some final tweaks, upon going to test it I came across another issue. Then my router decided to die. While trying to figure out why I lost connection I accidentally deleted the map. It has simply been a good day. I leave for bowling in a bit. I just got my net up but don't have near enough time to get the map reworked. However, I will do my best to get it ready for you to do by next weekend. Keep in mind, We DO THIS ON OUR OWN ACCORD. It is completely voluntary. If you can do better, please submit an application and you will be considered to join our team. You can then spend between 10 - sometimes 30 hours a week doing something for someone else who half the time doesn't even give you a thank you. Instead they complain when something doesn't fit into their little world. "They got an extra item that I didn't get", "Maybe you shouldn't always wait".

I will step off of my soap box before I say something I shouldn't. However, I am sorry your weekend was ruined, I will do my best not to do it in the future.

as in, not try and publish them the day of.

See Previous Statement

Mate, whilst I share your dissapointment, as I understand it the events team are all volunteers.

As such i am simply grateful that after 2300 hours in this game there is still stuff being done that keeps this game interesting, for free.

Plus if memory serves at least one of the historical problems was entirely a Steam issue and Hereford out of the team's control.

Can i sign up for this now? so that once the delay has been taken care of, I can compete in the event? steam is szablista81. Thanks! PM if there are any issues signing me up. Much appreciated.

Have fun at Bowling. :D Try beat my not very impressive 170.

LOL, my average is 160.

Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you. thanks eagle... and good luck on your bowling night...

Thanks

Ouch "( on that map thing :/ ,that must've hurt .. I think we all know that feeling, when our head just feels like exploding.. I knew it were something serious, otherwise you'd come back, but I had no idea it were so much, I feel for you.

Well have fun at bowling!

Ouch "( on that map thing :/ ,that must've hurt .. I think we all know that feeling, when our head just feels like exploding.. I knew it were something serious, otherwise you'd come back, but I had no idea it were so much, I feel for you.

Well have fun at bowling!

yeah same, i haven't been bowling in forever i should try and go again lol. and what i meant with my comment is that although it really doesnt matter to me if the event gets pushed a week or more at all, i would just like to know in advance that its not going to work out before i planned on running it and am in queue the day of to do it.

Thanks for letting us know!
I understand you all volunteer to host these events and that sometimes it doesn't go according to plan and things go wrong, but I just want to express my gratitude for all the time and effort you guys put towards the events. So thank you so much guys for continuing the events and also for keeping us up to date when things go wrong. It's much appreciated.
Also Eagle, sounds like today is not your day! Good luck at bowling, hopefully that goes better lol.

Thanks for the wishes, and sorry for the rant. It just hasn't been a good couple of days. It didn't get much better at bowling either. I hit my average but we lost all 8 to fall out of 1st. "(

Thanks for the wishes, and sorry for the rant. It just hasn't been a good couple of days. It didn't get much better at bowling either. I hit my average but we lost all 8 to fall out of 1st. "(

I went bowling too, had kids keep standing right in our lane, trying to use or personal bowling balls... frustrating lol.
Excited to play the event when it's ready and don't mind the wait at all.