Sign in to follow this  
Articuno

Ps4

Boohoo, it releases in December for Asia. But at least it's not as bad as Feb for Japan. Can' help but pity them when Sony releases the PS4 in their home country last.

Also, is it true that people get shot and stabbed over consoles in some countries?

Gamestop is having a midnight release here where I live. I'll be working, but my son has been granted permission to pick it up for me.

I wouldn't doubt people get stabbed and shot over ps consoles when they first release. Just wait for Black Friday and Christmas.....fights in retail stores will probably go down.

Boohoo, it releases in December for Asia. But at least it's not as bad as Feb for Japan. Can' help but pity them when Sony releases the PS4 in their home country last.

Also, is it true that people get shot and stabbed over consoles in some countries?

At least they won't cost 1700$, like they will in Brazil.

At the GTA 4 midnight release, there was a drive-by and a robbery of a bunch of the games at one of the stores selling them. Idiots.

I wish..I didn't reserve it in time :(

Kimiko!

You don't need to reserve it, lots of stores actually have extras in stock. I didn't reserve mine, but I'll be getting one tonight. One of the employees that works at the Gamestop I go to is really cool. And I asked him if I could still get my hands on one even without a pre-order. And he said that they had 8-10 extras that shipped in, and that if I came in today around 5pm, I could pay it off and come back at 12 to pick it up.

Although, take into granted that I live in Hawaii, and it's not going to be a big turn up. Maybe 70 people at the midnight release, tops.

Just wait for Black Friday and Christmas.....fights in retail stores will probably go down.

Last black friday, a Target employee was killed while opening the doors of the store to let people in. They all pushed through at once, and trampled him. Really sucks.

Kimiko!

You don't need to reserve it, lots of stores actually have extras in stock. I didn't reserve mine, but I'll be getting one tonight. One of the employees that works at the Gamestop I go to is really cool. And I asked him if I could still get my hands on one even without a pre-order. And he said that they had 8-10 extras that shipped in, and that if I came in today around 5pm, I could pay it off and come back at 12 to pick it up.

True but i'm sure they will sell out instantly. XD I'll be able to get the Xbox One next week so it's all good :)

Last black friday, a Target employee was killed while opening the doors of the store to let people in. They all pushed through at once, and trampled him. Really sucks.
If I was one of those customers I would feel sick for like years.

that was practice for the game, a warm up lol

However, some people who had picked up their copy of GTA5 at the midnight releasse saving an old man from his burning house.

On Topic: Yep. Bought COD: Ghosts as well tonight (after 1 hour of standing in line for it anyhow)

OT: Some guy who was going to pick up a PS3 at walmart on the day of release got trampled to death by the crowd. He was 17 I believe at the time.

yeah, there was a lot of stupidity that happened with the PS3 and X360 release. a damn shame how people act sometimes. thankfully it seems business fronts have taken the responsibility to hire security and add a little more structure to their releases. everywhere i went tonight trying to pick a console up seemed very civilized and respectful of one another.

that said, everywhere i went the consoles were sold out, so i was not able to pick one up. however, kotaku linked to the amazon page selling the launch edition console (it has since sold out) and i placed an order for one and chose next day delivery. should be waiting for me saturday when i get off work.

now to start paying off my credit card so i can pick up the xbone probably in the april/may window.

ive been watching my shipping status like a 7 year old waiting for santa.

im probably just going to play the PS plus offerings for the time being. killzone i might play depending on what i hear about the campaign aspect of it. im not into MMOFPS too much, so BF/CoD/KZ dont really interest me all that much. the division and dying light are what i am currently looking forward to.

[c3;951743']ive been watching my shipping status like a 7 year old waiting for santa.

im probably just going to play the PS plus offerings for the time being. killzone i might play depending on what i hear about the campaign aspect of it. im not into MMOFPS too much, so BF/CoD/KZ dont really interest me all that much. the division and dying light are what i am currently looking forward to.

Dying Light looks amazing. It's that, Deep Down, DriveClub and The Crew are what I'm looking forward to so far.

Might pick up the PS Camera, not sure yet if I want to invest $60 into that thing.

About to play Ghosts. Graphics really that great?

Compared to previous generation consoles, very much so. And just in general, they look fantastic.

Compared to previous generation consoles, very much so. And just in general, they look fantastic.

Oh my... They are very pretty indeed.

Best thing ever so far: Lip sync during non-cinematics :3