Do you use a controller or keyboard ?

I never got used to mouse and keyboard. Only use them when i must. I have been using controllers since NES,and i think i will always pefer them.

i voted kb, but i use both often, kb/mouse give a better feel to fast combat, controllers let me be lazy when not upgrading

Controllers here. I play Dun Def on both consoles and PC since launch(bought on all 3 platforms day 1) and for the 3rd person perspective just "feels right", if DD were an FPS then it would be M/KB all the way :) Minus a few situations where auto-aim is a hinderance the controller works better and doesnt keep me tied to 1 position at my desk.

keyboard as my primary and always build with keyboard.

controller is for afks and lol at having bought 2 more (3 in total) just for dd, prob makes this the most expensive game i own!

I have tried to just use a controller and join other peoples games but they ended up needing a builder, so gave up on the sofa dream.

Plus relying on the auto aim while fine 95% of the time, there are situations where you need a proper free aim...

m1ller-time! i am a controller user, not due to the fact i believe its better but as much as i try, i am pathetic w keyboard n mouse. cant do anything!!! i almost have the controller down good working on overlord summoning. i always forget how to bring up the map. maybe someday ill get good enough to b a keyboard user but for now its controller all the way!

controller... I was on mobile (Android) for over 6 months and 1000 hours before I started on PC. I actually got used to that crazy touch screen interface. I wanted something similar on PC, and controller was closer than keyboard.

I use a wireless hub and up to 4 physical controllers, allowing me to take full control of any character at any time. As previously mentioned, using a controller allows me to be in whatever position is the most comfortable relative to the screen.

side note: I use a laptop computer.

I use kb with emulator
My lad uses controller on lap top as building is beyond him right now anyway

I use kb with emulator
My lad uses controller on lap top as building is beyond him right now anyway

Keyboard. Feel like I have more options and control than with a controller. I have never been a fan of auto aim. controller works well for afk char though. My 5yr likes to run around in my tavern using the controller. Teaching him the keyboard and mouse would take a while.

Keyboard. Feel like I have more options and control than with a controller. I have never been a fan of auto aim. controller works well for afk char though. My 5yr likes to run around in my tavern using the controller. Teaching him the keyboard and mouse would take a while.

all of your hotkeys still work with the controller though. That's what I like most about it. I agree auto aim can be stupid sometimes, but I've gotten used to it.

You already know my answer; controller for sure. We've talked about this on Skype like three times in the past week or two haha. ^_^ I won't bother writing a dissertation here, though I should type an article one day that I can just refer to. Long story short: KB+M, in many games, provides more precision for doing what you need to do mechanically. So when people say, "You can play better with keyboard and mouse once you learn it," on a technical level they are often right. The issue for me personally is, gaming isn't just about technical performance. It's about feel.

A controller, with analog sticks, provides a more realistic simulation of aiming and movement in real life. Along with the pivoting, ball joints, and such found in the human arm. Also with regards to using a gun mount IRL, in the case of FPS titles. You can't just click on something to make it die. You have to make a full range of motion to get there, like in real life. Neither method is better, mind you, it's up to what you prefer in your game. So no right answers. I've been playing games on both PC and consoles for three decades, so it's not a matter of what I'm used to. Both methods have factual better/worse points.

I use a controller, I would love to be able to use a mouse/keyboard just because everything is soo much faster, but it just kills my wrist.
I use keyboard for Lab runs.

I use a controller, but feel the m/kb is so much faster for summoner. I play on a laptop and never bought a mouse for it. I can't stand using the mouse pad. Controller just feels right.

I use a controller, but feel the m/kb is so much faster for summoner. I play on a laptop and never bought a mouse for it. I can't stand using the mouse pad. Controller just feels right.

I have accidentally clicked on move minions so many times it's rediculous :P

Controller. I played many many hours on xbox version before coming to PC. I build all the time and don't see it being a hindrance, other than not being able to summon minions as fast by clicking to different parts of the map quickly (if there's a way, please share)

Hot-keys can be bound to the controller D-Pad for each builder making it much quicker/simpler. On my aura monk, for instance, d-pad Up is ensnare, Left is electric, down is Strength Drain.

Big time saver hot-key for Jester upgrader is making d-pad down = upgrade. In many ways, this is just as quick (and less effort) than using a keyboard/mouse.

I still have not heard anything definitive on Controller availability in DD2. Anyone?

Big time saver hot-key for Jester upgrader is making d-pad down = upgrade. In many ways, this is just as quick (and less effort) than using a keyboard/mouse.

And with the 'X' key on the controller you can cycle through the upgrade choices when they overlap. If you're trying to find a specific aura, for instance.

I have upgrade as f on the keyboard.

In the past I've had bound to a side button on my mouse.

1/3 of voters use a controller ! haha that was un expected, ive been using a keyboard for almost 2 years i cant even imagine using a controller

I could never imagine building with a controller. I'll always use a mouse and keyboard and ever since I got the Razer Naga building has been so much quicker

I could never imagine building with a controller. I'll always use a mouse and keyboard and ever since I got the Razer Naga building has been so much quicker

I agree. I feel like I have more control with a mouse & keyboard on most games.