Tell me about your favorite character

Tell me about your favorite character. One of the things I love about this game is that the characters don't speak, which means that we can give them the personality that we want them to have rather than having them decided by the developer. Who do you most enjoy using? What is his/her DD resume (accomplishments)? Was he/she the first on your team to beat a certain map? Was it the first among your friends to reach a level plateau? First character on your team to reach a certain stat or carry a certain weapon? I think that this game is special not only because of the relationships we make with friends, but also with our characters. Let me hear yours! I'll start.

My favorite character is Shambala, my aura monk. Shambala is named after a Dr. Strange graphic (comic book) novel from my youth, and also a fictional place in Tibet. He and Blackstone (my builder squire) toiled through the original campaign together nearly 2 years ago now, learning and growing and improving.

Shambala is level 90, and was the 3rd character on my team to reach level 90, about 3 months ago. Shambala's robes are dark blue. He carries a 128 Junbao with no radius and a 66^ blue Liger (+65 in casting rate and no radius) for initial builds, and then at certain maps (Aquanos and Glitterhelm are the most notable) he switches to a 178^ Junbao and a GMO Giraffe to expand and enhance the strength of his auras. Shambala's tower stats are 300/869/210/235 if I recall correctly. He seldom if ever stays in for a combat wave (and never on purpose) but has occasionally been known to face off against 2nd wave Glitterhelm+ ogres (with historically mixed results).

Shambala's most noteworthy win (other than his auras being ultimately responsible for nearly every win) was during the event where the Soul Eaters were awarded, where he switched temporarily to DPS and was responsible for killing the ogres at the Summit. Our team won that event (thanks PocketDiva, B3LoW Ghost, and Kwee!) and Shambala promptly gave his Soul Eater to my brother-in-law's monk, who could not participate in that event. That's just the kind of guy Shambala is. Team first. To this day I do not have a Soul Eater but my family team is stronger because he gave it away. :)

Shambala is co-leader of my team, along with Blackstone. His nicknames are "The Beast from the East" and "The Reason You Win". Yes, some of my characters have nicknames. :)

I know you have a story. Tell me about it!

my dps squire is appropriately named "corpsegrinder"
i have always had a special place in my heart for the dps squire...
he requires a more tactical approach to maintain the bonus for not taking any damage. but once he takes a hit, it is happy fun time with a sword for the rest of the wave.
give him the best animus you can and blood rage on... no faeries here...

My favourite character has always been my apprentice. He holds my records for everything. First character made (back from the demo) first to 78/83/90, first to hold a 200+^ weapon (way back at 78).

His name is Grand Magus - perhaps you have heard of him? LOL
For the ps3 players out there, he apparently made the pyrokenisis event weapon (though he never told me LOL)

Personality wise, he's a bad bottomed mother fudger.
His most notable victory, I would have to say beating unlikely allies on med in the demo at level 8. That was the moment he became my favourite character.

My favorite character is eiather my monk Elder a wise meditating monk who lives a simple (but awesome life) or my Apprentice Team Betrayal who reminds me of my old PVP event team :)

Well, mine is over a year dead, but she is still deep within my heart.

Pooka (random name I came up with when I made her) died in her old age of 70 (lvl 70) when she died of a heart attack against an ogre who she was trying to beat in the great annual cookie contest (my first corruption)

She was a hybrid huntress who enjoyed the use of eye burning objects (mods,) but they died with her and would never fall it to the hands of her children.

Her and her husband Atlis (a squire) had 12 children. Some became monks others huntresses some even were squire and monks, and now they come to a retirement and soon their children will start their adventure in a new age. (DD2)

Really I never made any story like that up about them, but now I did so, goodbye.

Aura monk hands down. Without his strength drains and electrics there would be a lot of frustration and downed towers with insane+ dlc maps.

Aura monk hands down. Without his strength drains and electrics there would be a lot of frustration and downed towers with insane+ dlc maps.
i fully agree. i remember when i was progressing through my levels. everytime the monk leveled to a new gear set (74,78,83,90) my build was more effected than any other builder hands down.

i fully agree. i remember when i was progressing through my levels. everytime the monk leveled to a new gear set (74,78,83,90) my build was more effected than any other builder hands down.

I couldn't beat moroggo on easy the first few times I'd ever played it without an aura monk

I would have to say that my favorite character is the apprentice. I took over my son's psn id when he quit playing DD. He had all 4 characters, but was only leveling up the apprentice. I continued that until I reached level 90 (was level 74 when I took over). I did all maps/challenges with the apprentice. It took a while to get the jumps down on assault on the last crystal. I developed the huntress next. I had interchangeable dps/traps armor throughout her leveling. I reached level 90 with her and decided to develop another huntress for dps along with an aura monk. My second huntress is level 90 while my monk is level 83. I've been leveling up a dps apprentice (level 82) and a tower squire (level 77). I like all of the characters, but my favorite is the apprentice for his dps.

As far as names for my characters.....they are all named reyrey since I don't care for the psn id I play under. I'd rather be called reyrey than plagued_savage.