Sign in to follow this  
Immortal-D

Conflicted about my starting Hero

When DD was released, I immediately chose Squire as my starting Hero for 1 simple reason; he doesn't wear pants. Truly a man after my own heart :cool: As the game progressed, I became fond of Huntress due to having the best weapon effects, and costumes awesome enough to rival Squire.

So now with DD2 in the works, I am torn about which Hero I want to focus on first. Based on the gameplay we have seen thus far, looks like Squire has kept his impeccable fashion sense, while still being a solid all-around Hero (good dps, strong no-nonsense Towers). On the other hand, Huntress Towers seem to have more in-depth combo aspects, while continuing her role as the primary ranged dps. Given the size of the maps, Huntress can likely control a whole lane from safe distance.

So what Hero are you all going to level first? Will you go for combo Towers/Abilities, or focus more on a straight fight?

I've been thinking about the same thing!! What I've noticed in the video's so far is that the characters kinda have roles which I kinda like. I mean, it looks like the monk will be able to heal (to a certain extent) and they say the squire will have taunt so he'll be able to tank (to some extent) so it's worth considering your role in a group map as well.

On that note though, I'm glad to see they added the ranged squire move. I played squire in the first one and was essentially ineffective against the wyverns unless they had already attacked the crystal... lame. It looks like they are really balancing the characters well so that you can play in a group or do it solo yourself with any of them.

PS. Maybe a new character?????????

I started with the squire due to the awesomeness of the harpoons and as you mentioned, his fashion-sense. I enjoy the monk more now so I will probably start there and then dabble with the Huntress. On a side note, what's she got against clothes. Didn't her momma teach her about modesty? :)

I started as Squire when the first game launched, because even shortly after release it became clear that he was the one to (sensibly) build up first. And then help build the rest of your characters, through his tower effectiveness. This being back when you could actually succeed with just one hero, haha. Though once the Countess came out, she was a dream come true. She was everything I wished the squire was, including all of the already-awesome stuff he brought to the table. I've adored her since, and she'll usually be the answer if someone asks me for a favorite character.

That being said, if not for necessary tower effectiveness, my first choice would have been Huntress. I love ranged and/or cerebral characters, I love her aesthetic and elven styling, etc. And she was my first DPS, of course, as with most people. Love her dearly, and assuming DD2 launches with just the four original heroes: she will be the one I start with. Assuming such a thing is even possible this time.

I wonder if the concept of having a "main character" can pan out better in DD2? It looks like you'll still need to use all the hero types to succeed, but starting fresh we should have plenty of people to play co-op with (and thereby, hopefully, focus on a fave for each player?) Looks to be going back to the balance/strategy focus of vanilla DunDef. It won't be like Nightmare mode for DD1, where the only one who can build (and spell success) tended to be the one with the highest stats.

i started Squire because im a melee fighter. i wanna get in the middle of the fight and cut holes in the enemy armies. im probably gonna do the same for DD2. im still wondering if its possible to have 2 of one character, one for DPS and one for building defenses. if it isnt, thatll put a big hole in a ton of peoples battle plans. what could end up happening would be people using a character as their fighter character, because he has the worst defenses, and thatd be a real shame.

I'm going to train the apprentice first after seeing the twitch co-op gameplay(It looks awesome!). I might just focus on levelling up his towers first and then upgrading the hero himself later on. I can not wait for this game to come out, but I'm only missing one thing.. I'm going to need a team . Wouldn't want to solo the game, after all it is a co-operative type game.

All this talk about which DD2 heroes is getting me so excited about all the possibilities! We're emphasizing each hero's individuality and unique strengths and weaknesses so hopefully everyone will find their DD2 hero niche.

Huntress all day every day mostly because I have never been that great of a builder and I really enjoy her character however, all the videos and the livestreams make the Apprentice's new towers and abilities seems pretty appealing, I'm torn. ;=;

Also consider that since Apprentice uses ranged attack, he can likely make use of headshots as well. Not as effectively as Huntress, but still. If you get a rapid fire staff with large bolts, I can see Apprentice becoming a headshot machine :D