Local splitscreen and controller support

Heeeeeeey! :squire:

Are you able to say whether DD2 will support local split screen and controllers? Me and the Mrs play DD constantly in local co-op, and without controller support and split screen we wouldn't be able to play DD2 the same as we already do which would be a right shame.

Cheers!

Dan

They already have the coding to make it work in #1; should be an easy port to #2. I wouldn't worry about it.

They already have the coding to make it work in #1; should be an easy port to #2. I wouldn't worry about it.

To be honest that means nothing. Different engine iterations could make previous code unacceptable, we already know there are two different mana types so there may be implications on button binding based on that and other features, etc etc.

It is a bit concerning tho that a thread based on a previous feature is yet to be replied to by Trendy. Only solace so far is confirmation that it will be coming to multiple platforms which would imply, by default, controller support. Would still like to know about split screen though.

• 8 months later...
Does anyone have any update on this?
Is actually anyone from Trendy reading this forums?

Splitscreen can actually be a big technical obstacle to vault with new engines, I would not count on DD2 by default to have Split screen support.

Devs should clear any doubts. I might contact them directly, though I don't expect any answer...

+1 for Local Coop support

To be honest that means nothing. Different engine iterations could make previous code unacceptable, we already know there are two different mana types so there may be implications on button binding based on that and other features, etc etc.

It is a bit concerning tho that a thread based on a previous feature is yet to be replied to by Trendy. Only solace so far is confirmation that it will be coming to multiple platforms which would imply, by default, controller support. Would still like to know about split screen though.

Yes I really want them to keep this feature! I play DD 1 local coop with buddies a lot and if they don't incorporate it I will be very sad. This is truly a valuable and attractive feature in DD1. It will be a great mistake to take this away from their fans in the sequel on their part, and they are doing so well in listening to their fans I'd hate to see it stop here.

• 2 weeks later...
It'd be nice if DD2 had both these things. Though I don't mind playing it with a mouse and keyboard, I do prefer using a controller.

What would be nice nice if there was different setup for the type of controller you use ie xbox saber,ps4 with the additional middle button wtc