Sign in to follow this  
eagle45302

[PC] Halloween discussion thread

I was definitely impressed with the way the event came Out but as others have said it was kind of weird that winners get more :P i mean hey good system i love helping new players out but when they all lied saying they have dps toons till the wave we said get them out and only me and siimon had them . . kind of kicks the players who are still being nice and helping the others get through it in the nuts 13 out of 15 killed and they used up all lives :/ i wasn't too happy since i had too build and had too dps solo other than siimon helping but he is host he didn't even need too help either but he did due to us having 1 dps lol.

Take this how ever you like ( and please don't reply with join up with friends it's not about that :P it's about helping others and still being able too get the event items i mean that's what they are there for) to obtain them through having fun /being helpful to others. bad players and good players shouldn't be denied the items due too a few inactive people not pulling their weight. that is all :) other than that weird little spurt hands down an awesome map will be playing it often :)

I agree with StillPad in his Opinion. Wasnt really happy after i heard that you can get more Items for a successfull run on it.
It really should only be one Item, no matter on winning or losing the event. I was lucky to test out this Map before with Sid and Ezel, so i knew about the bosses and how to build. We have rebuild on last Wave and only build two Beams in the middle with ~20 Mages on it with Aura Stack. Bosses dont attack the crystal anyway. Works fine so far with two Boosters and rest Barbs. But the Monk on the end was somewhat unfair, i cant really believe it. The Monk kills all 20 fully buffed Mages within a few seconds and almost insta kills the players with its overpowered range damage or if not, with his ridiculous high knockback stat. So it was just luck that all players in my lobby wasnt "newbies", but a group with 2-3 newbies can never ever clear that map successfully. That was really the first event that i finished pretty dissappointed.

So if you want to continue this "Get another item if you win" thingy, better change the rules. Like StillPad said, sort out People with lower stats and do it on insane with them. And furthermore, maybe give people the chance to play the event multiple times to gain a single copy of every event item.

Anyway, thanks M1ller and all other Hosts for running. :)

Talked to one of the hosts (we've grouped a few people in our group DDFreeRunsByRequest), and would like the two slots if possible (catch me for rearranging it if not possible, and on a side note - it'd be amazing if we could have a slot for either wat or me just to help them out, not to redo the event ourselves :) ):
5th of November 5AM-7AM GMT XeeJay, storm, Anitbus
4th of November 6PM-8PM GMT Linux Jedi, Paulmania3

/sniffy

Thanks to Mischief and all the event hosts for another challenging and fun event!! Love the items, wish I could have a chance at getting all of them xP !!

So...if the ninja monk at the end = Mischief, then maybe the bounty hunter = Gokupp???, and possibly the vampire apprentice = eagle??? C'mon tell me, please, which event host was which of the 15?

I have to agree with StillPad etal. that it wasn't really fair to the high level players that got stuck with more than one or two low to mid level players in their group. Our group had enough 6-7k DPS chars to win, but another player like me with just a 4k DPS and we probably would have lost.

Also, it was a bit annoying to have host come into chat and ask us to not talk so much, so we quiet down, then a new guys joins, begs continuously to get a run, and gets picked! I doubt you have a way of fixing this since your records are kept by hand, but it would be nice. Maybe a group of volunteer herders that host a shop that holds 20-30 gamers and organizes them into teams for the hosts ready to go and watches as people join chat to get those that have waited the longest into the waiting rooms. Herders could also ensure everyone has the map loaded and offer advice on what to expect.

On the bright side, very good, very hard map and the hosts were kind and generous to hosts us all. Thank you so much.

I was definitely impressed with the way the event came Out but as others have said it was kind of weird that winners get more :P i mean hey good system i love helping new players out but when they all lied saying they have dps toons till the wave we said get them out and only me and siimon had them . . kind of kicks the players who are still being nice and helping the others get through it in the nuts 13 out of 15 killed and they used up all lives :/ i wasn't too happy since i had too build and had too dps solo other than siimon helping but he is host he didn't even need too help either but he did due to us having 1 dps lol.

Take this how ever you like ( and please don't reply with join up with friends it's not about that :P it's about helping others and still being able too get the event items i mean that's what they are there for) to obtain them through having fun /being helpful to others. bad players and good players shouldn't be denied the items due too a few inactive people not pulling their weight. that is all :) other than that weird little spurt hands down an awesome map will be playing it often :)

I think we run the event together, not sure. Anyways my apologizes for lying to you :) I seriously tought that almost 5k jester with a mega chicken would have been enough of "dps"char.. but no.. and I regret running the event "blind" ..some practise runs should have been made by me(and the others too). If I've known that last wave to be so hard, I would have get some gear for my barb from other ppl maby :) ..

But maby the events shoud be little more aimed for people with 3-4k stats, but then again with hard event have some hardcore rewards too.. and they are "free" for the players, any reward is awesome!

I only feel sorry for all the people who got me and likes of me in ther group :) and missed that one extra item.

Other then that I think this event were truly trick or treat ,and this time we got tricked :jester: ...
Have a nice day you all!

Talked to one of the hosts (we've grouped a few people in our group DDFreeRunsByRequest), and would like the two slots if possible (catch me for rearranging it if not possible, and on a side note - it'd be amazing if we could have a slot for either wat or me just to help them out, not to redo the event ourselves :) ):
5th of November 5AM-7AM GMT XeeJay, storm, Anitbus
4th of November 6PM-8PM GMT Linux Jedi, Paulmania3

/sniffy

I will get with the hosts and see if we have someone who can run you in those times. I will post an answer once I get one.

Hey guys the thread to sign up is closed can i still sign up here or how do i have to do this ?

SID in signiture

The thread is closed because signups are over. You will have to wait until next time. They are normally up for a week. This one was up for 2.

To address the issue of an extra item. It was my idea. I ran it by the rest of the team. I came up with it after watching Bear Jew Jew slave awhile to kill the turkey all by himself when most of the group died pretty quick and I got fire sniped with 600 mill health left on the turkey. The number of stats don't really matter in this game. It is a combination of a couple things. 1) Preparedness 2) Watching what you do. Yes, the last wave can be tough. However, if your resists are high, and you come properly equipped it helps. If that means sharing gear amongst your team then do it. If you feel you are undergeared ask to borrow someone elses. It is done on OPEN. You lose nothing on ranked. You can use the leveling map to get to 100. That allows you to use any gear in the game. Maybe the team's strongest character should use a mega, while the 2 weakest should pack fairies. Not only does that help to keep them alive, but it helps everyone else too. Whomever has the best resists or the most health should equip a cat. Then everyone's DPS goes up even more. Well, 4 of you do anyways. I hate to sound cynical or condescending, however, I come from console. Where you had to win to get the prize. You were not allowed to pair up with people. It was completely random. In this case, you still got a prize. Just due to the luck of the draw, you missed out on the 2nd weapon. I speak for myself, and only for myself, personally, I like it this way. It rewards the ones who fight to win. I have hosted probable at least a 1000 people by now. Or very close to it. I can assure you that I have seen a LOT just go through the motions to reach the end. So they can get the item. I have seen auction threads go up for the items before they have even left my tavern with it. Maybe this will give people a little more incentive to strive to win. I'm sorry if you feel slighted because of who you got paired with. It isn't a perfect system, it could be a lot worse. I am sure we will discuss it as a group, the extra item may be scrapped. I know where my vote will lie though.

But the Monk on the end was somewhat unfair, i cant really believe it. The Monk kills all 20 fully buffed Mages within a few seconds and almost insta kills the players with its overpowered range damage or if not, with his ridiculous high knockback stat.

We tried something new for this event. We had the choice of only rewarding players normally (1 genie & 1 weapon) but felt like this challenge was hard enough to give something extra to the winners. I don't think I can determine what is fair/unfair but I believe we were trying to motivate players to try their best in this challenge.

Thank you for all the opinions. It will help us make a decision in the future about the way we reward participants.

So...if the ninja monk at the end = Mischief, then maybe the bounty hunter = Gokupp???, and possibly the vampire apprentice = eagle??? C'mon tell me, please, which event host was which of the 15?

Lol, I would also like to know since the ninja is my favorite skin ever :p. Probably is for Mischief also since when the Ninja appears, a message says "Mischief nuked some of your defenses!".

Where are the genie handouts going to be announced?

They are in. ^.^

To address the issue of an extra item. It was my idea.

So you are the guilty one

[QUOTE]
I ran it by the rest of the team. I came up with it after watching Bear Jew Jew slave awhile to kill the turkey all by himself when most of the group died pretty quick and I got fire sniped with 600 mill health left on the turkey. The number of stats don't really matter in this game. It is a combination of a couple things. 1) Preparedness 2) Watching what you do. Yes, the last wave can be tough. However, if your resists are high, and you come properly equipped it helps. If that means sharing gear amongst your team then do it.[/QUOTE]
Nice Tips, but sadly way too late

I was in the 3rd or 4th. group there was no info about it that you get an extra item for winning.

And I gave of course my left partner of the old team some gear.

But for the others I got none armors left so I know at least 2 players got a realy dps.

The rest of the team only got jesters, on was on myth armors only.
Don't know what the others got but jester isn't realy a dps character

And for a 1 barb+ 1monk and 3 jester the enemies was too hard.

It not like we didn't tried to win it but 2 real dps was too less.

[QUOTE]I hate to sound cynical or condescending, however, I come from console. Where you had to win to get the prize. You were not allowed to pair up with people. [/QUOTE]

And I dont wanted to be an *** not playing with noobs but I still did play with them and that is the thank for it?

And again there was no info about it before.

At the start we all got the wrong map, cos there was no official info out.

[QUOTE]
I have seen auction threads go up for the items before they have even left my tavern with it.[/QUOTE]
Yeah its uncool but the whole trading system is messed up in this game.
So this method not gonna change it.

[QUOTE] It isn't a perfect system, it could be a lot worse. I am sure we will discuss it as a group, the extra item may be scrapped. I know where my vote will lie though.[/QUOTE]

So how is it than with a rematch for the players that failed?
Or give all the second item and change it in the next event, but this time announce it before!

If I had known this before I had taken a other group.
And I dont care if I be an *** than.
Seems like in that game you must be one :(

I have stayed like hours in the group chat room but it seemed like there were no host around at all to host a game :/ it is midnight for me now though so i might aswell go to bed. As far as i know appointments to play during the week were only possible untill yesterday? That would basically mean i cannot participate on the event anymore i guess...

Hi,

LinBuni and Ygkyft are able to run event anyday next week (2pm-5pm eastern time) as no host was able to run us this weekend!
Thanks

I have stayed like hours in the group chat room but it seemed like there were no host around at all to host a game :/ it is midnight for me now though so i might aswell go to bed. As far as i know appointments to play during the week were only possible untill yesterday? That would basically mean i cannot participate on the event anymore i guess...

Post a time frame, and we will get someoen to run with you. We are doing are best, we are short on hosts and long on participants. It isn't a perfect system. You made an effort to get in, we will get you ran at some point

Huge thanks to everyone for organising this event! Map was so much fun - and totally insane! And the rewards - wow was so hard to choose! I really really wanted to choose the Staff of the Pumpkin King, just 'cos its name is so awesome! But I went with the Monk weapon 'cos I would get more use out of it - though the Huntress weapon was tempting also, and I would've got as much use out of that =)

Really am loving these events, am really glad they are all going on - don't actually remember any from when I played before and have never played any player maps before all these =) Might have to see if there's any on there that I can play just for the fun of it!

Thanks again to Goku for the run, and Siimon for putting up with how long it took me to make up my mind which reward to choose!

You can use the leveling map to get to 100.

Can you tell me what the name of that map is please Eagle?

I no longer need the Wednesday slot I asked for as I was able to be home tonight and get into a group.

Thank you everyone it was really fun and cannot wait for the next :) would like to say thank you to Acen for helping a new guy out and also thank you to Siimon the host for letting me take so long in picking my event items because I had no idea which ones would be best for me to grab.