Custom maps not loading - possible solution

Hey all, I've had trouble with custom maps here and there, moreso lately though. With the help of Mischief and ubermench42, I think a possible solution for others who crash on the load screen for DD (not the map, for the whole game) is to obtain the .upk file from someone, place it in the "Steam\SteamApps\common\dungeon defenders\UDKGame\CookedMods" folder, then resub or get an invite to the map itself to play it. Resubbing worked to self host, getting an invite without subbing still worked but doesn't let you pick it from the custom map list to host yourself.

If this is occurring for many people, maybe offering the file up as well as the Workshop link could help get people into events easier.

Hope this helps!

Can You Please Make This Understandable XD I Don't Get It! Are You Trying To Play Custom Maps On Ranked Then I Say No You Can't!

It is open, there are people who have issues with custom maps. A buddy of mine was one. I always had to file share the upk file with him via skype because it would never work downloading it from steam.