Sign in to follow this  
russman

Tower Rate versus Tower Damage

I'm sure this has already been hashed over numerous times but I couldn't find a clear explanation using google. I had been upgrading the armor for my Squire with the understanding that as long as my rate was past 3K, I should max out the damage and then add to the rate. So when I came across a piece of armor that would give me about 120 more tower damage but about 80 less tower rate, I thought it would be an upgrade. My squire is around 6K damage and 3.4K rate. I was a little surprised that the DPS went down. It got me thinking that perhaps (assuming you have 9K to spend) 5K TD and 4K TR would be better than 6K TD and 3K rate. Perhaps on some of my armor I should be capping rate or equally raising rate and damage (ie not capping either). Can anyone point me to a good analysis on this?

I think there was some info about this a while back. I believe I saw a guide on rate by wldjns a while back. I think he came to the conclusion that you want to try and have a rate/damage ratio of .58 for harpoons to get the most dps.

My advice would be to simply level all points into damage, when that caps put all into rate. Only use armour that spawns with good rate and health doesnt matter because harps are set back in your defences. You could possibly level rate on one first then damage on a piece to get a higher dps maaaybe... But it wouldnt be good for resale.

You can also mess with your stat points to find that magic number for your fire rate to go up. This will also stop you from upping rate on a piece that you will need damage on for later upgrades.

This thread(or rather the link to the spreadsheet at the bottom) has quite abit of information on tower stat scaling. So, if you've got the time to punch in some numbers to see whether your dps checks out, you might wanna take a look.

http://dungeondefenders2.com/forum/showthread.php?72963-Detailed-Graphical-Stat-Ramps

Btw, if you tested your dps on dummies, discrepancies can be caused by the short timeframe which the dummy uses to calculate dps. The difference in tower rate might have been just enough for one less projectiles to hit the dummy within the timeframe, thus leading to a lower registered dps even if the actual dps may be higher.