Sign in to follow this  
cheeseburglr

CD nightmare hardcore or not for epic loot?

Was just wondering if farming this map on hardcore will give me uber loot. I know every other map having it on hardcore is the way to go, but I heard a rumour that having CD on hardcore or not makes no difference to reward quality.

It does make a difference in reward quality. HC does has higher stat limits on rewards than Non-HC. Non-HC rewards have lower stats but I think it is consistently better about giving me something usable. It doesnt give me as many low ups on ecannons that HC mode has.

I see. So the rumour I heard must have gone along the lines of more consistent usable items. I'm only after the best so looks like HC all the way. Thanks for input.

Insane on CD does not give you the same reward though. However tinkers lab definitely gives better blasters on insane than NM

Stay away from CD: it is a buggy, long and hard map, whose rewards have been all superseded by the ones in later maps. Besides unlocking the monk Super Legendary custom, I see no reason to do CD these days.

The mage mana bomb bug isn't so bad if you don't use jester. Ive personally found solo play with jester fine, but with 2 or more people using a jester the mana bomb bug can occur more frequently due to more mage's being spawned. I think as long as only one person uses a jester it should be fine. Ive been farming this map with Middo, and our completion time for this map is around the 24-25 minute mark. Ive read a few others can hit as low as 19 minutes. AS for the rewards....they are just sexy as hell, and an ultimate++ can certainly hold its own.

I agree. I like the style of the ecannon and esword. You just need ult++ versions to really compete practically and those are very few and far between.

well lets add some stats for non hc runs ( ive done 10 so far )

list of e-swords

^'s / Quality ( ult=u sup=s trans=t myth=m )

131 / t
159 / m
183 / t
224 / m
225 / u
244 / m
256 / s
261 / u
324 / u
349 / u

average ups = 235.6

If you want to test the loot without going through much of the hassle of a full CD run, just run Old One Practice. You may have already done that.

You also get Eternian weapons on non HC?!? I've thought they are just Crystal weapons (the wiki also says that)

just did another non hc run with a friend he got a 400^ e-spear

idk dont think hc vs non hc makes a huge difference

It makes a difference in how high the base damage and stats can spawn with. As far as ups I see better ups on NonHC more consistently.