what classes do you need in order to solo the game

i know i need a tower build and a dps build what else right now I have a 71 countess, a 24 ranger, 52 apprentice and a 100 monk

^ Apprentice forever alone.

If you're talking about campaign though, squire/countess should be able to solo it him/herself with a dps hero as backup. Otherwise yea, you'd probably have to use every hero at your disposal(minus app) if you're thinking of soloing every map.

If you mean that you want to do all maps and be able to do NM HC Survivals on the maps too, then you need:
- Initiate (monk will work too, but is slower)
- Huntress (you need atleast gas traps in NM)
- Series EV (Buff beams, reclects and walls)
- Summoner (healing archer+mage walls, spiders and ogres too)
- Countess or Adept (I would suggest countess but adept towers also work great and are more versatile)
- A DPS character (I would go with a hero boost monk with seahorse or mega chicken)

Female characters by default move faster and have less hp. Speed is of the essence here. Some outfits help on male characters with speed problems, as do some pets (turtle or skeleton on a treadmill).

In other words, you dont necessarily need a barbarian, jester and adept (or countess).

You can use either that you want. Jester is another good option if you need an faster upgrader and dps.

DPS Ranger is very poor choice... just because of low DPS. It is enough for campaign, but will turn out useless in NM and latest maps.

It's not that they don't work, it's just that the other classes are better at being a dps in NM mode, so it's silly to use ranger/huntress. The damage reduction in NM hits huntresses/rangers hard. Monks can overcome it with huge pet dps through hero boost and Barbs just use sheer raw dps.

Also, since bosses take a longer time to kill in NM, they also spend more time trying to kill you. Sustained ranged dps only works if you're alive. Sure, you could kite the bosses and stuff like that, but low hp scaling and not-so-great speed wont be doing you any favours. As a huntress/ranger, you'll need more effort to stay alive while you deal less damage than monk/barb. So, it isnt really worth it.

Edit: well imo you only really need dps monk with about 2.5k-3k boost minimum with a chicken and any secondary character that you prefer after that because the monk will boost you loads and make any boss a piece of cake. If ranger is what you want, i suggest going for jester and monk combo
Jester because the hp scales quite nicely and you can wield any two weapons of any class+ have the wheel of fortuna which helps on all maps :)

I know the question is what do you need to solo the game which sounds like you are asking what is the bare minimum you need to get through the game. While that has been answered, I would highly recommend making 1 of each type anyways. I have enjoyed making all of the different characters and enjoy choosing which to go with for different maps.

• 2 months later...
Sorry to bump an old thread I think I have my characters figured out I have an tower buff ev, dps barbarian, a tower countess, trap monk, trap huntress, dps jester, and summoner the problem I'm having is how to distribute there skill points none of the guides here tell how exactly to distribute the stat points at each level

You probably should just start a new thread with this question.

Daniel sound's guide will give you most of the info that you want except for the jester (he didn't like them). It's a sticky thread in this guides section.

My jester has 5k hero damage and 3.8k hero health. I'd keep those fairly even up to 2k then move to a 4:3 ratio after that. Throw some points into ability2 (Wheel O' Fortuna) if it's below 2k because heal all is awesome. Ability1 can be useful if the sharken move your defenses a lot especially in NM Survival where you have plenty of time to move your towers back into place.

I am a slow typer. ddace posted before I did. Well, at least I gave some jester help. Or I like to think it was helpful.

Daniel sound's guide will give you most of the info that you want except for the jester (he didn't like them).

I agree to Daniel's statement. Jester has actually a bad DPS, at least a similar DPS compared to Huntress or Ranger. Whatsoever :)

The actual DPS on Nightmare does the pet, that's why shooting/attacking pets are so often used there. Sadly most of the ranged chars are running around with a cat -.- ... another story :D

@tiamat676
In most cases you just spent all points into damage either Hero or Tower damage. The cool thing is that you are always able to adjust the points if you recognized e.g. that you have to less Hero/Tower health.