Sign in to follow this  
Langsiig

Dungeon Defenders 2 gameplay

Hallo fellow dungeon defenders!

I was just wondering if any of you have seen the gameplay of DD2 from pcgamer?
If not, please take your time to watch it below.
Although the action bar thingy looks like 'Orcs must die!' I think this game is gonna be great!

Tell me what you think of it :-)

LOVELY although it's in da pre-alpha but it look amazing im glad ^_^ and im glad they remove MOBA and focus more in da tradition

Looks great. My only complaint would be that I think the towers are to small. Especially the aprentices look like toys.

Looks great. My only complaint would be that I think the towers are to small. Especially the aprentices look like toys.

I totally agree. Also It looks like you can select your abilitys. Which is what I was hoping for.

Yeah I thought they looked kind of small too. I liked how the towers were bigger than the defenders in DD1 and could be climbed on top of to get a boost. It looks the heroes got slightly bigger and they decided to use smaller defenses. Trendy might have a serious reason for it though. (Maybe screen clutter in an always online f2p game?)

The App's spells look cool. I can't wait to see what the other heroes do. Id like to see a spells only spellcaster in this game series with pure melee (Barb) or ranged dps (jester) characters.

Nice, so far pretty oldschool. Graphic style is more appealing than I thought after early screenshots.

Also, I really like level design - it's quite large but menageable, good visibility, interesting structure, lots of choke points, lots of space for creative building :)

Some interesting things to mention:

- Auras now do not obstruct view
- App has only one projectile weapon

- App has only one projectile weapon

As I saw it, they were all in level 0. In dd1, the apprentice also only had 1 projectile at level 0 :)

Are the towers actually smaller? or do they seem that way because the heroes are now more grown up and bigger?

dun dun duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun

Nope, towers are definitely smaller. XD
Kidding.
As far as I can tell from play-testing, the towers are at a fair size, relatively... or at least the Squire's wall is. It was enough to hold off enemies from going through some standard paths.
That, and they provided a decent stepping stone for jumping cliffs.
...besides, if they were any bigger, you wouldn't be able to place the towers as well as you'd like. It'd be too cluttered.

Are the towers actually smaller? or do they seem that way because the heroes are now more grown up and bigger?

dun dun duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun

Bigger heros would probably be able to build bigger towers. Also why did the goblins grow with the heros?

Well at first i was all like nah i probably wont play it even though i had seen the E3 gameplay but now i have second thoughts about what i said :)

^ Hey Capt.

OT: My only complaint so far is the constant-firing ice tower. Is it supposed to do that? If it isn't, I hope that's fixed before release. And, will we still be able to play this on Android as well?

OT: My only complaint so far is the constant-firing ice tower. Is it supposed to do that? If it isn't, I hope that's fixed before release. And, will we still be able to play this on Android as well?

pre-alpha version

If you didn't see atleast one issue/bug in a pre-alpha showcase that wasn't heavily edited then something is wrong with the world.

If you didn't see atleast one issue/bug in a pre-alpha showcase that wasn't heavily edited then something is wrong with the world.

Requesting it does that in the full version. Why? because it looks awesome needs option to turn it off though :D

The ice tower is meant to be a constant firing ice beam. It picks its target and shoots a beam of ice at them until they are either killed or frozen.

The ice tower is meant to be a constant firing ice beam. It picks its target and shoots a beam of ice at them until they are either killed or frozen.

I meant after the wave was over, I should have specified a little bit more. :(

[c3;941684']this makes me happy. this is what i envision when i think of dungeon defenders 2. though it looks like they needed more buff beams...

Please no buff beams. I hate it when using a tower becomes a no-brainer. Except for slows, I guess.

Awesome! The towers looks great, the orcs looks deadly, kobolds trying to look innocent. Haha I love it, wish I could get a shot at the beta when it comes out, but overall I can't wait for the game to be completed! Awesome job Trendy, keep it up!